South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 05:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF- October 7

Good morning!

The coffee is ready but you're on your own for breakfast this morning, I'm afraid. I still have guest beds to make up and bathrooms to clean before Romano gets here and destroys my kitchen. Margo, Elaine and Bailey the Dog will arrive at ten, just when the kitchen mess is at it's worst but...hey, whaddaryagonnado?

I plan to pop in later but, if I can;t, play nicely and have a great Friday!
Old 10-07-2005, 05:53 AM   #2  

Good morning Chicks!

I actually woke up early this morning. It's kind of funny since I got my shower in last night. I guess I will start a load of laundry.

I did not eat well yesterday. I started out good, but last night before my workout I ate a handful of sunchips and a little bit of a chicken breast. Then, when I got home, I didn't eat anything. I wasn't hungry, but I know I should have eaten.

I am proud that I took a class last night. It was tough. It was step max. Mostly step class with a little light arm work. I am feeling the effects this morning. I was sweating awful!

Well! I have to go take advantage of my early lead this morning.

I hope everyone has a good friday!
Old 10-07-2005, 06:02 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
I busted my arse last night at PT ofcourse after that we had an appointment then we totally blew dinner TOTALLY! I'm going to post a question about contigency plans.
bb when I'm chained to my desk!
Kierie

Last edited by KO; 10-07-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:15 AM   #4  

Dana,

Okay, so you had a few sunchips...but, MORE IMPORTANTLY, you worked out! I think sunchips and exercise and MUCH better than sunchips and no exercise. You probably burned off the chips and then some, so go gently on yourself.

Hollyhock, yes, my Avatar is Keith Moon - can't you believe you recognized him. You must be 29 like me
Old 10-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #5  

Smile

Mornin Chickies

It's another "Tropical" Fall day in Florida, rainy and muggy. I don't mind the weather, but the barometric pressure shifts give me killer headaches, so the last couple of days have been put one foot in front of the other and just keep moving. Yesterday was errands and groceries. Schatzi I found the coconut, thanks again. Today I'm going to register for Curves Ive got to up my exercise, or I'm gonna be at a standstill for a while.

Ruthxxx- Have a great time with your guests.

Djett626- A momentary lapse- don't be so hard on yourself. Great job w/ the exercise, you effort insires me to get moving in that area.

KO- Sorry you blew dinner, your idea re: contingency plans sonds great.

Taramoon- I thought I might be the only one old enough to recognize Hollyhock's avatar... must be a few 29yr olds here .

I'm gonna finiish my coffee and move though the headache fog to eat some breakfast. Hope I didn't miss anybody, Happy Friday to all!
Old 10-07-2005, 08:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Mornin' girlies! Yay!! I have the internet back this morning I am sure I got a lot more work done yesterday but it was strange to have no cable or internet access. Well, it was refreshing to have no tv but no internet was annoying. I will catch up with yesterdays posts later this morning.

Still raining here but we really needed it. We have some trees down around here from the wind on Wednesday night and from all the rain. Nothing major in our yard though. If it dries up a little I will gather the stuff that got blown off the trees and get it out by the street. Good exercise I think. I need to get a ladder out and pull off the dead palm fronds from our palm trees. We have a few in our yard here (we never did in FL though??? wth?) and the city trims the ones that are along the main road but not one that is about 2 feet more into our yard.

I am still OP but in a funk with the continuation of no progress. I am playing around with my percentages and calories though and I am just gonna fiddle with it till I get some results. I am not gaining so that is a huge plus and it is keeping me from going off the deep end most days. The kids have had pop tarts this week and even though I do not particularly like the flavors they chose the little tarts have been calling my name in the evenings. Evil little pasteries! Anyway, I know many of us are in the dumps right now but I also know that we can all stick together and get out of it. You all make me feel so much better when I come here and ya'll keep me in line. Thank you!

Ruth -- have a great visit with your buddies. They sound like wonderful chosen family .

Dana -- congrats on your good bloodwork results. I know they were not as dramatic as your dh's but they were still a great step in the right direction. Shame on the nurse for making them sound so bad before you got to see them.

Kierie-- saw your dinner post this morning and I hope that you get some good suggestions from the ladies. I wrote what we do but it's nice to have some new ideas. My dh soesn't complain but I know he's tired of the salads when I have no other dinner inspirations.

Taramoon -- love the Keith Moon pic!! Such a great shot of him. I know I have a couple of pics of him saved on this computer somewhere. If I find them I can maybe forward them on to you. What a cutie in that pic though. I was, and am, a major John Lennon freak but always likeMoon. Have you seen the bum shot on his main website? I know it may be a joke and not his but it ain't half bad and gave me a chuckle when I saw it .

2 bt -- yeah, the weather had played havoc with my sinus pressure and yesterday I was headachy and my teeth and ear hurt. I hope you feel better later today!!

Well, off to get Julia ready for school. See ya'll a bit later!

Last edited by Sweet Tea; 10-07-2005 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:26 AM   #7  

Sweet Tea,

Moon was adorable in the early years and I most certainly HAVE seen his bum shot!! If I had one superpower, it would be to go back in time and meet him - I'm a drummer and I love everything about The Who, have met Townshend. I even met my husband in a Who Chatroom six years ago!!
Old 10-07-2005, 08:48 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin, Ladies! I'm out of coffee !! So it's green and white tea for me this morning. UPS attmepted to deliver it yesterday but I wasn't here so I'm gonna make sure I'm here today. I order it off the internet and even with shipping it's still less than the Millstones sold here at Kroger...plus this stuff is organic, shade grown, and fair trade.....and the best coffee I've ever tasted in my life. I ordered an extra # for my bf. I made up a signature blend and roast for him since he likes his coffee like sludge...too strong for me. Then I had it named something cute and way too corny to say !

This morning for b'fast I'm having scrambled eggs w/ lf cream cheese and smoked salmon...yum! A P1 recipe from the new book. Not sure what's for lunch or dinner yet.

ruth: have fun with your friends....and Romano!

Djett; Could've been worse! Just be extra good today!

KO: PT? Are you in the military?

Taramoon: Have a great day! When you had your other avatar up, I thought it was you, I couldn't quite see the face since it was small. I was like, "She's skinny! What's she doing on here?"

2bt: I hear ya with those pressure shifts. I feel one now since yesterday was baking hot and today is freezing. My head feels fuzzy and I'm sure later a headache will set in. Feel better!

Sweet Tea: Hang in there, it will come off. I experienced the same thing for the last 2 months. Just make sure you are OP and eventually something will happen.

It's rainy and chilly here this morning...finally feels like fall!! Time for some of beachgals hot chocolate!! Have a great day, ladies!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #9  

Tara~ I am 40. You are young to be a Moon fan. I adore him too. One of my besy guy friends has a hard time not believin ghe is Keith Moon,LOL. I am a diehard 70's rock gal with a bit of 80's metal head tossed in. I LUV music.I have and know tons of rock lore. Been to hundreds of concerts and festivals.Luv your new avatar. chuckling in Canada....

Ruth, happy, happy, happy Thanksgiving. I am so happy the HP's are coming. I wish I could too. Leave an empty chair at the table for me. Cheers.

djett~ I am not sure who is more adorable, you or youre son. Just want to pinch both of your cheeks.

I admire you gals who are working out!!!

Wowzers, Friday already!!!
This week had gone by in a blink!!
All is well on the school front. The meeting last night had a much lighter and “informed” tone. I spoke on the topic and hope I did okay.
Food had still been much,much better. Mindful. Healthy choices.
I am soooo looking forward to this weekend. It cool again 16C/62F as opposed to 25c/80F all week. ew. I had the ac on in the afts. gross.
I will putter at paperwork and gardening. I have 2 little guys Sat morning so the parents can go to a funeral.
We had a completely chaos free morning!!!!! woohooo!!! It is pajama day at school ,so I didn’t have to get kids dressed and it is pizza day, didn’t pack lunches. It was freakin GREAT!!!
2 pre schoolers til noon and then I am FREE til 3:30 and then only 3 kids coming. Fridays ROCK!!!
Okay, so I have not been able to get phase 1 under my belt in 2 weeks. BUT I HAVE been doing phase 2 easily. SO, that is what I will do. Phase 2 is a huge change from 3-4 sandwiches a day, toast, cereal, popcorn and crackers for snacks and bedtime binge and I am getting my 4 C of veggies in. So that's that!

Oh happy sigh!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

I'm so EXCITED Phase 1 is working YIPPEE!! lost another pound,so hopefully I'll be back changing the ticker DOWN DOWN DOWN No this is beach bum not schatzi, with the LOUD Yipee.Thanks ladies for not letting me quit. Nothing really exciting happening this weekend ,today I going to my singing club this afternoon and Sunday Brunch with my friends.

Ruth-Have a fun weekendwith your guests ,Thanks for the don't need to eat breakfast.

djette-laundry this time in the morning,have fun . Glad you got your exercsing in. I have Fit T.V. from my cable and I had a very great workout with Gilad,and his crew. Working all types of muscle groups. Now I have the t.v. along with my exercsing tapes to fall back on when the cold icy snowy winter comes.

ko-sorry about dinner, I'm ready for your question There has to be a plan I'm all ears

2btmom-I hear you ,sorry about those headaches. I used to get them and they're killers.I get very bad backaches when the barometer goes down,have to wear my brace.

Sweet Tea-Glad your back on the net we have the same package set up with our cable company.Yikes!! Don't have to bend down anymore to pick up leaves from any kind of trees,as we don't have any on on our property.I use the WW point system to calcuklate my calories. I think 1 pts is 50 cal so 27 bring me up to 1350 cal for the day.

Pearshape- I love:love green tea and its very healthy for you.

Holly Hi we posted at the same time.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-07-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #11  

WHOHOOOOOO! It's FRIDAY FINALLY!!!!! Gosh sometimes I think I wish away my life! Good Morning all you FABU Foxes...um, I mean chicks!

Ruth: Ah just put some fresh linens on the bed and spruce up the bathroom.. afterall they are coming to visit you not your scraped floors or kitchen chimney ! No Martha Stewart doins today doya hear? ..you just enjoy the Pypers and that massive macedonian macho man Rrrroooooommmmmano!

Dana: You are doing SO WELL! Your cholesterol is down, you're exercising, and your "indiscretions" are minor ... Pat yer self on yer back Dall-!

KO: I saw your contingency plan thread..nothing to add.. cept it really does help to make and freeze stuff ahead of time.. If I can't find a chunk of time to just do some major cooking for the freezer, I make extra portions of what ever I am making and through it in the freezer then.

Taramoon
: I love your Keith Avatar...OHMIGAWD I'm 29 Toooooo! Are you in a band or Drum for fun?

2 bt Mom: Glad U found the coconut! I guess it don't matter what food store you go to ..they all seem to put stuff in the same places! I would just curl up and die in that Fleridah weather.. The barometric pressure plays havoc with my ears.. to the point where sometime I loose my sense of balance and walk like a drunken sailor on a wave tossed ship..not fun.. thankfully that only happened a handful of times..but living with stuffed up ears constantly in the humidity sometimes is annoying! Bad ears....

SweetTea: Perched Precariously Upon the Plateau eh? Sigh, it happens.. I went back to phase 1 (5th day) and I think the scale is starting to jiggle a bit.or what ..hmmm..that mighta been my lard flappin..

Me: A steady rain here in Nerth Caroliner but we do need it.. so, I will do more crafty things today. I was laughing hysterically at how my first carved pumpkin came out.It's suppose to be 3 ghosts, a haunted mansion with a bat in the air.. It looks like 3 Ameobas, a shed and chicken in flight... .. Obviously this pumpkin will sit wayyyy in the back of my holiday display! Ah what the heck, I'm having fun with it!
Will Check back Latah Dahlinks!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:17 AM   #12  
Kyemom

Hey all!!! How is it going??? Or how is it hanging for you bat wingers...lol...silly mood...I sound like Schatzi!!! I am doing well today...That crockpot dinner last night was good...it was so nice to come home to dinner already done. My Dad is coming in town tonight. I can't wait. Don't get to sse him often enough...He will be very surprised at my weight difference. Football got rained out last night, and we are wondering if it will be again tomorrow!! Maybe we will try to go to a movie!! Have a great OP day....I gotta go heat up my beans!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 AM   #13  

[B]GADZOOKS![/B] I take too long to post and miss my other Beautious Babes!!!

BB: HA HA HA!!!!! I'm sooooo glad you are seeing results now!!! Calories count and definite Portion Distortion can lead to major calorie consumption!! Stick with it darlin!

HH: Is there Really any other consistently great music than that produced in the 70s?? He hee we might be getting "old" but I know I sure had and am having a great time getting there! Actually... I'm amazed that I made it passed 40...wild wonton youth!

Pearsydew
: I'll have the same sludge BF is haven, thankya kindly..My DH likes his weak, with I kid u not.. about a 1/4 cup of half/half.. and 2 heaping tsp sugar/splenda... Me: DARK RICH ROBUST.. a dollop of FF 1/2 and just a teech of splenda.!!!

Hi Kyemom: Silly??? Me???? Nevah!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:49 AM   #14  

Shatzi-I lived like a rockjstar for 17 years and came out the other side intact. I have no regets and can honestly say now that I am a wife and Mom that I haven't missed out on anything!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #15  

My My My..alll is quiet on the Western Front! I just got back from running errands..and thought I'd check the boards... well, my errands took a bit longer since I popped into see "Mr.Lyn" who did my body wave that kinda fell out within 3 days and continues to smell like Punky feet or bad popcorn--especially when wet..like in the rain here.. .. I couldst Stands it no more.. Poor guy was mortified.. and he smelled it too..so he used some StinkAway Shampoo I guess and a 15 minute deep moisturizer .. it smells mucho better..but I may have to follow with a tomato rinse...Now Thats an interesting way to get in your Veggies for the day! So my Hair saga continues.. hmm maybe I should just get a baldy..hey, another way to loose a pound or two!

Ok you buzzzzzy bees... I'm off to do more chores!
Closed Thread