South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 12:29 PM   #1  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Default Writing Exercises for Pre-School

I want to start teaching my DS to read and write. He already knows his letters A-Z (yahoo mama!!) and his numbers.
I cannot seem to find any sites where I can print off worksheets for free.

Help!!!!!

Does anyone know of any????
Old 09-26-2005, 12:36 PM   #2  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

This site has lots of WONDERFUL stuff for pre-schoolers, not only the writing practice sheets, but lots of coloring pages too!
http://www.first-school.ws/theme/handwriting.htm
Old 09-26-2005, 01:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

http://www.dltk-kids.com/

This is one of my favorite sites for craft projects for my sunday school class who age from 4 to 12.

This is specifically educational:
http://www.dltk-teach.com/

http://www.kidzone.ws/kindergarten/index.htm

This one is interesting because you can print out the words you want.
http://www.kidzone.ws/tracers/index.htm

Have fun!
Sarah
Old 09-26-2005, 02:01 PM   #4  

Bless you, bless you Ottoette and Sarah!

These sites are exactly what I have been looking for!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:08 AM   #5  
Chris, a chick on track!

S/C/G: sz 24/sz 20/sz 14

Wink

Last year when my son was in preschool (he started Kindergarten a few weeks ago, yikes) he was always asking about "homework" because the older kids in the neighborhood talked about it. My DH had an idea, we went to Staples and got plastic protector sheets that have an opening on the top, and bought some erasable markers (similar to the kind for white out boards but not so smelly) Then we printed off some letter worksheets (from a Winnie the Pooh computer CD) and slipped on in each protector. My son practiced his letters (his homework) then wiped the sheet off and then did it again another day. This worked out great, and you could really see the improvement in his letters.

It looks like you've already had several helpful e-mails with links but if you can't find anything that works let me know and I can try scanning mine and e-mailing then to you.

Chris

Last edited by HealthierMe; 09-27-2005 at 06:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-27-2005, 06:23 AM   #6  
Chris, a chick on track!

S/C/G: sz 24/sz 20/sz 14

I just checked out the other recommendation and they are great, I will definitely use these sites with my son . Thanks to Ottoette and Sarah and thaks to you to Wenchy for posting this helpful thread.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:35 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

These are great links I am printing stuff off as I type for the kids to do today. We will start with the letter A. Thanks girls.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #8  

I came up with the idea of the finding stuff on the net because he is in daycare/pre-school now, and he won't be when we move. He will be out of any structured environment until kindergarten next August. He has always been a little above average, and I want him to stay that way.

Thank you so much for the idea of sheet protectors!!!!! I never would have thought of that. I would have just made copies of the orginials.
With the move coming soon, I won't have access to a copy machine, so this will work wonderfully. I will have a whole binder full of stuff by the time we move.

I can come up with good ideas every once in a while HealthierMe!

Thanks ladies!!! You have been a god-send!!!!! (I know he's looking out for me, )
Old 09-27-2005, 12:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Wow -- those are some great sites. I've bookmarked them and will use them with Beren. We did stuff like that for Julia starting at about the age of 3 and it really put her ahead in kindergarten. She also got it in daycare/preschool so that probably helped too. Beren won't get that experience so I've gotta work it in at home. He can start preschool at Julia's school in fall of next year I think. At least I hope so .
Closed Thread