South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 07:46 AM   #1  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Talking Weekend Chick Chat 9/10-11

Wow, never thought I'd start the daily! Seems like everyone is enjoying the day before posting

Good Morning! The hurricane has blown away, the sun is shining. This would have been the perfect weather for our canceled Cub Scout campout

Stay OP!

Angela
Old 09-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie as I'm running late! I'm off to do doggie evaluation for Thera-Paws. See you all later!
Old 09-10-2005, 08:25 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

I'm flying past at the speed of light, too. Today is the Yellow Daisy Festival. Largest Arts and Crafts show in the southeast. We always go. It's a good way to walk/sweat off a pound or so and see all sorts of interesting stuff.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Wow being the fourth one posting thats a first. Well I get on the scale this morning and I have to move my ticker up 1 lb. This something that I ate as I had a tummy ache for 2 days.Not really worried as I did everything right even upped my exercising 80 mins per day.

Angela Happy to hear the hurricane moved by, and thats its sunny out again Yikes I still can't believe with those poor people are going though. We really have to count our blessing living in the north.Thanks for starting us up.

Hi Ruth see you later.

Manacita Have a great time & fun at the Craft Show.

Have a great day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-10-2005 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #5  

Morning you fabulous Chicks! Sorry been MIA the last 2 days... Just haven't been feeling well... and decided to lay low... today UP AND AT'EM!
Have a Great day !!!!!!
Old 09-10-2005, 10:36 AM   #6  
RNMOM

Default Morning girls

Wow, where are all the sleepy heads?

Not much going on here. Doing some housework, laundry and baking. Way exciting. Will be working 8 hours in the ER, did yesterday as well. So much for having 5 days off............one of our nurses has a family member ill, so he flew to New York, we're all pitching in to cover his shifts.

Mama, sounds like a fun day!

Schatzi, glad you are feeling better!

flmom, glad you stayed dry!

beachbum, you exercise diva you...........wow!

Ruth, have fun with the canines today.

You all behave!
Old 09-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Idiot for a Husband

So my husband took his broken ankle and drove himself (and his stick shift) to the Cruise for Charity car show thing this morning while I was sleeping. He's coming home at 3:30, and then claims that he's going to cruise around tonight.

I am going to kill him. I asked him "Do you think Workman's Comp is going to pay your salary because you can't work, but you can cruise around town in your sports car?" Also, if somebody gets crazy (and they do at the Cruise) and hits Terry in his car, it won't matter if the guy blatently did it and the cop saw it. As soon as they find out Terry has a bum foot/ankle, it will be his fault and he will be held responsible.

He left his crutches here, his ice pack here, his ace bandage is here..... and his ankle is still badly swollen. idiot.

Make no mistake about it ladies. I'm pissed. Hope you all have a lovely day.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #8  
keep on dancin'!!

I just had to rant!! I was woken up at 9 am this morning by men working on my window! Why did my college hire men to drill holes into our windows on Saturday mornings?! Furthermore, I was sleeping with just a t-shirt and boy shorts and my curtain wasn't all the way closed! It was HORRIBLE!!

Well, anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the sunshine!
Old 09-10-2005, 02:49 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, we passed eight dogs, five of them are golden retreivers. My black pants are coated with their fur! I had to flunk one golden for being stinky! The owner claimed he'd had a bath last night but I certainly had my doubts. Try me again in November, sir!

You ladies ready for this? I am going to a neighbour's tonight for a party of all men except for Liz. Her husband has his 17 bicycling buddies arriving for overnight. It should be interesting - or else really boring! At least they should be buff as they are cycling here from Ottawa - 75 miles. One of the chaps is a chef and is making a Sri Lankan dinner. I hope my tummy can handle it.

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:42 PM   #10  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Hi chicks!
Thank you all for your concern and support. DS's tear duct probing went just as planned, but BOY was he mad when he came out of the anethesthia - I don't know if my hearing will ever recover. He just wanted me to let him get down so he could bolt for the door and get the heck outta there. They gave him a mild sedative before taking him in to the OR, they didn't do that at the place that did his ear tubes in June, it is a MUCH better process. And it was kinda funny seeing him a little loopy and just laughing and giggling up a storm.
I guess I stayed OP yesterday, I snacked more than scheduled but it was all legal stuff. However, this morning I had 1/2 of my son's waffle with real syrup, then had a low sugar reaction at Gymboree and had to eat a 5 gram glucose tab and a handful of goldfish to get ok to drive.
Does that mean my phase 1 starts all over? I know as far as cleansing my body of bad carbs, I blew it.
Ruth- sounds like an interesting and fulfilling way to spend a Sat morning. If you'd worn yellow pants, they would have all been black labs!
Weezle - I would be furious too. And you'll get to listen to his whining tonight when it hurts badly from all the activity.
Mamacita - I'm jealous I love craft fairs, but only if I have some spare $$. I'm sure you had fun!
Liv - Bet you didn't need any coffee to wake up after that shock!
Angela - glad the weather is good. It would be nice if we didn't have any more hurricanes hit the US this year, wouldn't it?
Must run, sounds like son is going for a short nap today - darn it!
Kim
Old 09-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #11  
Who needs sleep?

Fl Mom - I'm glad the sun is back again!

Ruth - I hope you had fun with the dogs. I understand Goldens are lovely dogs to work with - very trainable and obedient. I expect they make good therapy dogs, too, as they are very friendly and happy dogs. I still prefer GSDs, though! MMM! I love Sri Lankan food! Eat a bite for me, would you please?

Mamacita - have fun at the art fair!

Beach Bum & Schatzi - Glad you're feeling better!

RNMOM - hope it stays quiet for you today!

weezle - I don't blame you for being mad! On the other hand, if he left his ice and wrap and all behind, it sounds like he's set himself up for his own punishment. Maybe he won't even feel like going out tonight.

Livvygirl - that's awful! Someone should have warned you, at least.

Ottoette - I would start over, but it's your decision. I'm glad it went well. I know what you mean about the yelling; maybe that's the real reason people lose their hearing with age - it's the kids' noise!
Old 09-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #12  

Well, I've been off for a day, too. I was doing fine until last night -- a minor setback. I am back to it this morning. I'm quite happy with the progress I've made so far and do not want to mess it up.

Ruth -- 17 buff men and a few golden retrievers? Your weekend sounds heavenly. I used to have a golden, the best dog ever.

Weezle -- I agree with Heather, sounds like hubby is gonna be hurting himself. Of course, then you have to live with him! I feel for you.

Beach bum -- gonna take your example and get back to the exercise, that slipped yesterday, too.

Mamacita -- Crafts fair, YUM! Better than food! Hope you got lots of inspiration.

Kim, Livvy, Schatzi -- Hope you have a good rest of the weekend.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:49 PM   #13  

Angela... Hope you ave a great weekend with the nice weather

Ruth...
have a great time at dinner amonst all the buff cyclists.. Sri Lankan food is very yummo

Mamacita... We are really into the ars and crafts thing at our house. Hope you have fun.

BB... hope the stomach upset clears and the pound disappears soon.

Schatzi.. sorry to reah that you have been sick as well... healing vibes to you.

RN... housework days can be satisfying.. sometimes

Ottoette... glad to read that your son is good after the surgery

Weezle... I would be cranky as **** if my husband did that

Livvy... Ohhh that isn't fair. We have workmen at the house next to us which is being renovated everyday.. we are going slightly from all of the noise - but at least they stop for the weekends.

H-ko...

Well we had a 5 year old birthday party yesterday, and I managed to be able to behave myself quite well while we were there, but I stuffed up last night we had friends for dinner and I didn't eat of drink as well as I could have despite having really good choices available ...sigh...

But on a positive note... the are going great. I am really happy that we got the homegym. It is a good opportunity for Steve and I to do something together a few nights per week - and it makes me feel really good

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-10-2005, 07:51 PM   #14  

Hi chickita.. I didn't see your post - you sound really positive.. that is so great... wishing you good vibes for being on plan
Old 09-10-2005, 09:46 PM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Hello everyone!! Not a lot going on with me. I worked earlier today & I work early tomorrow. Spent a few hours at Borders, trying to find some information about starting my own business. I want to do scrapbooks for others as a part time gig, but have no idea how to get started or even if I'm talented enough to make some $$. Busy, busy, busy!! Hope everyone has a great day!!
Closed Thread