South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default I Don't Feel So Good

Well, I slept late today to "catch up" on sleep from the week, and was still exhausted when I woke up. My heart started to race and I thought "uhoh." Panic attack coming on. I did everything I could to fight it off. I was sweating really badly, rocking like Rain Man, the whole she-bang. I got a cold bottle of water out of the fridge and chugged it like I had been in the desert for a week.

Probably wasn't a good idea. Soon after, my stomach started to hurt pretty badly and I felt all bloated (plus the panic attack still going on.) I ended up yarfing up the entire bottle of water. I've felt all heart-burny since I woke up, and I don't know what would've done that to me, as I haven't had any french fries.

So since then, I've been freezing, and drifting in and out of sleep on the couch. My back hurts pretty bad because of the yarfing, I think. Anywho, I got some "tap temperature" water and have been sipping it, even though my body still feels thirsty (could be because I threw up 16 oz that I had earlier.)

Take care everybody. I'm gonna go lay back down.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Weezle, sounds like you may have the flu. But don't go by my "diagnosis"... see a doctor if you start feeling really bad.
Get better soon, sweetie...
Old 08-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #3  
it's always something

Are you sure it's not a problem with your heart? Have you been examined for heart problems before?

It sounds like a very scary situation, I hope you recover quickly
Old 08-13-2005, 05:22 PM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Well, heart disease runs in my family, but I've never had any problems at all. My cholesterol has always been low-normal, which is amazing, because even after all the work doing South Beach, my mom is way skinnier than I am and her cholesterol is 220. Mine's usually 120-140.

I do have high blood pressure, but I think this was just a weird panic attack thing. I've suffered from panic and anxiety since I was in gradeschool. After loads of therapy, I've learned how to fight them off when they come. Unfortunately there are two kinds of panic attacks (for me.) There's the kind that's worth fighting off, and then there's the kind that's worth giving in to and just throwing up and passing out for awhile and feeling better.

I feel a lot better now. I took some Tylenol and sipped room temp water, and poured a glass of crystal lite and let it sit out for awhile and I'm sipping that. My back still is killing me, and my hips and legs too, but I think it may be my fibromyalgia acting up.

Ya know, for a 25 year old, I sure have some problems, don't I? I still can't bring myself to eat, which is a little worrysome for me. I haven't been hungry, so I just had a SF fudgesicle to sooth my acid-burned throat. I'm just afraid it may be the flu and that I freaked because my body was wigging out from it. I don't want to eat if I'm just going to yarf it right back up.

Sorry to be so gross. I have so many things I wanted to do today, and none of them are getting done because I just feel like laying down. Maybe tomorrow after both church services I'll get some shopping done.

Take care chickiedoodles. Talk to you later.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:47 PM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

Weezle - just take it easy and take care of yourself. Psychological or physiological - your body doesn't care WHY it doesn't feel good, it still doesn't feel good. Try sucking on some ice for your throat and thirst. Maybe you'll feel up to some tea in a while, and maybe you can get someone to make you some homemade "Jewish penicillin" later on. That will nourish you without upsetting your bewildered tum.

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 08-13-2005, 07:33 PM   #6  

Take it easy and don't try to do any more than you feel up to.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:36 PM   #7  

Please take care and if it continues see your health care provider....
Old 08-13-2005, 09:11 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Well, so much for positive thinking. The crystal lite I was sipping, the handfull of almonds that I ate, and the piece of cheese I had all came up abruptly. I really wouldn't feel that bad if I could stop puking. We'll see how I do the rest of the night and whatnot. I have to sing at church tomorrow very early, and my husband becomes a member of the church at the late service. I don't know what I'm going to do if I'm still sick. This is not how I wanted to lose weight!
Old 08-14-2005, 09:01 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Weezle, you're still sick, eh? Don't go too long like this without seeing a doctor. You have to be really careful not to get dehydrated.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

In a little while I'm going to attempt sipping some water and see if I can keep it down. My tongue is all dried out, so I know I'm fairly dehydrated, but not to the point of needing an IV. I just feel really puny. Hopefully I'll feel better after a little while because I have errands to run today. Yuck.

Don't worry, if I feel bad still tomorrow, then I'll go to the doctor.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #11  

I don't know if there's an adult version of Pedialyte, but if you can't keep fluids down it would rebalance your electrolytes. (So would a little gatorade, but you'd probably barf it back up.) If you do try to eat, stick to blands like plain rice, bananas, dry crackers (salted-you're probably getting low on salt). Rice baby cereal is good too. And some people swear by flat ginger ale or coke. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #12  

hope you feel better
Old 08-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Well, Terry's home so I have to make this quick.

I think my stomach shrank because of being sick yesterday. Today I have had: 1 handfull of cashews, 4 bites of vegetables, 3 green olives, 16 oz water. My stomach is telling me that I'm really full. I don't want to overdo it because I don't want to yarf again, but I also don't want to deprive my body of the things it needs.

I haven't felt too nauseous or anything, my stomach's just been a tad upset. My back and legs are killing me and I'm exhausted, even though I have slept 23 out of the last 40 hours. My eyes look all sunken in and I have dark circles underneath, and purple eyelids.

I'm starting to get a bit of a sore throat. Gee, I can't wait until school starts and all the children with all their germs are around me all the time. I'm going to be miserable.

PS My mom tried to convince me that because I'm sick, I can break the diet. She recommended tomato soup and a grilled cheese (which I've been craving since I first felt ill) but I told her that I can't break the diet. I've come pretty far. Scale eventually said 135 this morning (bathroom celebration) and that would be awesome if I actually stayed that weight. I have a feeling I'm going to be more than that tomorrow due to rehydration, but here's hoping. That would be 9 lbs in week 1!
Old 08-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #14  

glad you are feeling a little bit better and dont mention grilled cheese i miss it =(
Closed Thread