South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Cackle on the Beach - August 2

Here's your coffee, chickies. Better not sit on those chairs because they are wet from the rain but the bench is nice and dry. It's muggy out there today so the AC will be going on shortly.

The Girls need their Goddess so I'll be back in a bit.

What's happening by you?
Old 08-02-2005, 06:12 AM   #2  

Default School Bells Ring

Today is the first day for teachers. I've a new school. A bit nervous, but I am always on the first day - more like excitement. It's my 32nd year!

I lost 2 pounds and I started yesterday! That tends to keep one motivated. Fish for dinner helps, so I'll go buy some more for tonight. Brushetta (the cut-up tomatoes in a jar, not the bread) is good on celery with some cilantro.

See you later.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:10 AM   #3  

Morning chickadees! Hey Ruth...I'll stand so I don't get my tushy wet!

Things are going SLOW for me weightloss wise. I was still stuck at 146.5 yesterday morning when I weighed. I wasn't PERFECT this weekend. Transitioned into Phase II a couple of days early so I could have a glass of wine with a colleague that was in town and ended up having more than one...ah well! So that's a whopping 3.5 lbs in Phase I. I was hoping for at least 5. But I'm not giving up.

Leaving for Hawaii on Friday. Can't wait! It will be HARD to stay OP while I'm there, though I think the fruit will be the biggest tempter for me. That and the chocolate covered macadamia nuts...mmmmm good! Well, and the mai tai's! Uh Oh! Good thing I'll have plenty of time to work out.

So what's new on your beach blanket today??
Old 08-02-2005, 07:29 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, girls!
My psychiatrist is back, and I'm going to see him this morning!!
I've gained a ton of weight over the past two weeks, and I'm hoping to get my meds back in order so that I can get out of bed and move.

Talk to you later...
Old 08-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #5  

Hey Carol, just wondering what grade you teach....I am a teacher also! Third Grade! We don't start until the 18th though. Hope you have a great first day. Gotta love inservices.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:02 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Morning, chicklets! A muggy day here in the south as well....my naturally curly hair is really kinked up today!

Will check in later!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:03 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Just served the frogs their breakfast. I'm so glad squirmy things don't gross me out!! Especially this early in the morning.

Tummy troubles continue. I think it's my gallbladder. I just can NOT eat red meat any more. Had these yummy cross cut short ribs on Sunday and only had about 3 oz of meat from them.(And they were VERY lean) Ate early and my tummy still feels like I ate 5#s of wet wool! BLECH!!! Even dreamed about my tummy hurting last night.

Tonight I get a twofer. Stitch N ***** and my friend Ann (newest critique partner) is joining us. We'll critique first, before the group arrives, then she's joining the knitting bunch.

I didn't get a phone call yesterday, so I guess that means I didn't final in the contest. Oh well. There are other contests and life goes on, right?

Okay, gotta brush out the mop on my head and fly out of here.

HAGD on the Beach everyone!

Mamacita
Old 08-02-2005, 08:04 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey ladies! Today is goona be a busy one for me! Got to go to the field plus process tons of samples in the lab!! Oh well, you play you pay, right? Since I'm going out of town on Thursay I've had so much extra work to do this past week. Have a great day everyone!!

Ellis: So glad to see you back! We missed you!
Old 08-02-2005, 08:30 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks...

{{{{ELLIS}}}}} missed ya!

Nothing new here. Just plugging away. Didn't walk yesterday as the sink clogged and I spent an hour plungering so I didn't have to call the emergency line -- and it worked! Can I count that as a workout? I did sweat!

Happy Tuesday girls...
Old 08-02-2005, 08:42 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Morning
Ellis...glad to see you back, hon. We've missed you
Ruth: How are those lovely girls this morning? I gave one of my beasts a bath last night, I guess we both ended up getting one..oy was she frisky after that...I think she was driving my bigger girl crazy
Jen- morning We have been missing u 2...you have not been posting much lately.
Mama- Have a good day sucking blood

All other beachers- have a great day on the beach.
Me- Had an emotional night last night with DS. he is 7, and was having the "no one likes me, no one wants to play with me" blues when I picked him up from daycare. Suck a hard thing to handle. DH made dinner last night (big surprise ) He never cooks. Anyway, it was fabulous & OP..he kept saying, "can you have this?" He was really trying...very nice Anyway TOM came to visit me this morning..just when you feel like you are doing good..and my Bday is Friday...like I want this on my bday...Anyway...working out today on my lunch break. I feel so good when I do it. ...
DH has to work late tonight, so I will make something quick & easy for dinner for me & the kids, then I will give them both haircuts....what is on everyone elses calendar for tonight??
Old 08-02-2005, 09:38 AM   #11  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Good Day everyone. I officially started Phase 1 yesterday... Feeling a little tired and HUNGRY today. I know from past starts with the Atkins diet that the next few days will make or break me. Good luck with all of your goals today!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:52 AM   #12  

Good morning chicks! just stopping in to say HI! I am sitting at the desk all day so I will be checking in a lot..I have a lot of catching up to do with all of you lovley ladies

Next week I am going to be in Atlanta for the whole week..and my Goal is to NOT gain any weight while I am there...just because I am on vacation is no excuse to eat crappy. I am even going to try to get out and go for a run/walk in the am or pm with J's mom.
I have been rollar blading at least 8 miles every other morning..and doing quick workouts with Denise Austin in the am... so i am down to 138...almost to my Goal weight!!! I think i might try to get down to 130...!
Ps. i tried the new no sugar added chocolate ice cream bars....and let me tell you my stomach hurt SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so if i want chocolate i just break off a piece of Dove dark chocolate (sooo good)**
have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:58 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Its not going to be a SB friendly day,as its my DH's birthday and I'm taking him to the Clam Shack for fried clams & french fries along with coleslaw.YIKES.TG I'm not getting Weighed-In until Satruday.

Ruth-Stay cool in this hot heat.Glad to hear you finally got your A/C.

Carol-Big congrats for your 2 lb loss. I lost 6 lbs (3 weeks on Phase 1) the first time around.

Getting Serious-Have a wonderful time in Hawaii, I'm going there on a cruise next Nov. celebrating our 40th anniversary.

Ellis-Missed you,happy to see you back sorry about your weight gain,it will come off as fast as it came.

Jen-you and me both I have natural curly hair and I have to keep it very short inorder to manage it.

Mammacita-Sorry to hear about your stomach ache. thats horrible especially in the summer.

Kyemom-Just in case I'm not around on Fri let me be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday my Dh's is today.

Have a nice day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-02-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:05 AM   #14  
Kyemom

Thanks BB.....I too have naturally curly hair (even passed it on to my DD)...I know what you all mean about the wild frizzy shrinkage!!! HB to your DH!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:09 AM   #15  

Good morning, chicks! I just figured out the Exercise Queen and will post that in a moment. Tonight is National Night Out and our neighborhood is having a potluck. I've got a pork tenderloin in the crockpot for Pulled Pork and made the Overnight Slaw and will bring that along with some 3 Bean Salad and some WW SF hamburger buns. I plan to choose wisely from the other foods but we'll see.

Ruth - Can you send some of that rain this way? They said on the news last night that Ft Worth had 10 fires yesterday from sparks from railroad trains starting fires. It has been so dry!

Carol - Welcome to the beach!

Get'n Serious - I'm going to be in South Carolina for 6 days and I'll be happy if I don't gain more than a couple of pounds. My sis eats out a lot. I'm hoping to fix more meals at home while there but we may be out doing stuff so I'll just have to see what happens. I emailed her a bunch of recipes that I use so at least I will have them. Good luck on your vacation!

ellis - Good luck with your meds!

amelie, jen415 - Hi!

mamacita - Don't ribs have more fat that we are supposed to eat (even if they are very lean)? I know that I have trouble with my stomach if I eat meat that isn't really lean. I asked my doc about it and she said it was my gallbladder and to just avoid fatty meat.

pearshape - I'm in the same boat trying to get so much done before I leave on vacation - both at work and at home. I took Thursday off work so I can get packed before my trip or I'd really be going crazy.

Jenne1017 - I think that much plunging would count as exercise! Glad you got it unclogged.

kyemom - Hugs to your son. It can be a tough age. My son usually starts worrying if his friends will be in his class this time of year.

nittany25 - Eat lots of veggies and you won't be hungry! Welcome to the Beach.

angelshine90 - sounds like several of us will be on vacation next week. Have fun!
Closed Thread