3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday, July 18, 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/61641-monday-july-18-2005-a.html)

Artemis__ 07-18-2005 05:58 AM

Monday, July 18, 2005

Looks like me to start todays Good Morning Thread.

Monday is weigh day - I'm very happy to report at the end of week 1 of Phase 1, I've lost 8 lbs. :dance:

It's been fairly easy for me. The hardest thing has been low energy levels - feeling weak as a kitten sometimes, especially in the morning before breakfast. The second hardest has been cooking - I've not really cooked properly for at least seven years and its been a shock to my lazy system. :lol:

Today I'm going to be doing a lot of house de-cluttering, I'm a pack rat and sinking underneath the junk.

It's a much cooler day on the Beach in England today, so no excuses!

Have a wonderful day on the Beach, all of you!

Updated signature and ticker will hopefully work ;)

ellis 07-18-2005 06:00 AM

Monday Chick Chat

Hey, girls! :wave: (and lurking guys)

I thought it was almost getting up time, but it's not. I'm going to have a wee kip on the chaise... :yawn:

What's everyone up to today? :cofdate:

ellis 07-18-2005 06:01 AM

ugh. Two of us starting the daily, Artemis. :lol:
I'll just wave my magic wand and combine them... :wizard:

ellis 07-18-2005 06:04 AM

ta da! :D

Artemis, congratulations on the eight pounds!! :hat:
More dejunking for me today, too. It's a great feeling to see that stuff going out of the house. The only thing is, there's still so MUCH of it in here! :yikes:

Ruthxxx 07-18-2005 06:09 AM

Good work with the magic wand, Ellis. Thanks for starting us, Artemis. I kept getting "Server not found" earlier - I think my ISP has wake-up problems Monday mornings!

My weekend with my garden friends was absolutely great! I ate some of the wrong stuff but the weight stayed the same. ;) I did manage to avoid sugar which may have helped. Back on track again today.

The Fair midway looks like it's ready for set-up this morning. All the big rigs must have come in while I was away. We open on Thursday so there's lots to do. This morning Gail comes and I'll trundle over to the display hall after she gets started here. (If I stall long enough, Claire and Rob, two tall friends, will have the rest of the schoolwork pinned up. We only displayed the prize winners when the judging was done and left the rest until "it gets cooler". Well, it didn't get cooler so.... :shrug:

Have a super Monday.

pearshape 07-18-2005 07:17 AM

Good Morning, ladies!!

Artemis: Way to go!!! 8lbs in a week...that's more than 1 a day!!! Soo happy for you! :cb:

ellis: Can you wave your magic wand over my thighs and make them disappear??? :lol:

Ruth: Good job avoiding sugar!! You had fun, cheated, and didn't gain anything...that's my idea of a perfect weekend ;) .

Well, today was weigh in and I lost 3 lbs. I wish it was more, but I know my body and I should lose more over the next few days. Happens everymonth without fail...only this time not pigging out and gaining all back in a few weeks :)!!

Jen415 07-18-2005 07:50 AM

Morning all....just a quickie....

My scale didn't move from last week's weigh-in. Going to start recording everything, including amounts, in my 3FC journal. Just have to figure out why the scale is not moving.

Ruthie, HELP!!!!

fl_mom 07-18-2005 07:52 AM

Good Morning!

I woke up yesterday morning to a 6lb gain, WTH is that all about?? It's there this morning too but I have done nothing to cause a gain like that. I don't want to chage my ticker but I just don't get it :( On top of that I am having a bit of crampiness, it's too early for this already today.

Good new for me, MIL is leaving biotchy girlfriend at home when she comes to visit. :D

Time to go make breakfast, I think I'll have stirf fry veggie with shrimp, mmmm!

Angela

Schatzi 07-18-2005 07:53 AM

Happy Monday all you old hens and chicks!
Pearsy: WhoHooo, Congrats 2 you! 3 pounds is 3 less!
Artemis: Well Done! Just think of the culinary skills you are developing as a result of SB :) Not to worry, you'll break through those withdrawl pangs!
Ruth: So glad you had a wonderful garden get together... and busy busy busy..you make me tired.. :dizzy:
Ellis: A wee Kip? never heard that before, but it like the way it rolls of the tongue. :) Decluttering can be quite cathartic..Enjoy liberating yourself from all the Stuff,Junk,crap.. and "what was I thinking" items!

It's Hazy, Hot and Humid... Yeech! No nature walks for me today :mad: I may have to drag out the dreadmill to get some exercise today...Hoping to head to the lawyer today and "Sign zee papahs" ..Also have another Mover coming in to give us an estimate..sigh, it keeps going up .. 10,000 lbs - 15,000 lbs...
TMI ALERT..............TMI ALERT...................TMI ALERT....
Last night I had some of DH's "Atkinsish IceCream.. I checked the ingredients..no added sugar...but chockful of those Sugar alcohols... I rationalized to myself that I haven't had a problem with them ..although I keep the SF treats to a minimum... So, I had a double serving..1 cup: 2 hours later.. My stomach was in knots... :headache: and it was like I had a jalapeno pepper up my butt... :hot: YEOW ! Needless to say , my night was spent NOT in bed.... IIIEEEEE... Lesson #472 learned. ;)

(ps: Leslie, I'm on book 4 of the Dark Tower Series... l o v e i t !)

CA85 07-18-2005 08:21 AM

Mornin'! I haven't weighed myself still, as I was going to take pictures instead...I think I still will...but I'm going to have to do weekly weigh ins rather than every other week. I can't take it!:)

changa 07-18-2005 08:48 AM

Morning, everyone! My weekend was a rainy one. I cheated a bit in the evenings, but I didn't gain at all. I'm starting back to the gym today, so hopefully I'll start losing again now that I'm back on track.

Since starting P1 last Monday, I've lost 4 pounds. :) I'd like to lose one more and then move on to P2 very gradually, only adding one carb. We'll see how it goes.

kyemom 07-18-2005 09:21 AM

I don't understand what is going on. I have stayed totally OP and I have not lost anymore. I have only lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks....I really thought it would be coming off a little faster. I did not expect miracles, and I know it took me a long time to put it on, so it will take a long time to get it off...But I was at least expecting 12 lbs.....Sorry for ranting chicks..I guess I am just a wee bit discouraged. Hope everyone is doing well, and had a wonderful weekend....Where is whinchey...I wanna here about her date :)

darlingchick 07-18-2005 09:26 AM

good morning, george, how are you? (if you catch that, congrats)

Pear, Artemis, Changa- Way to go for all that weighed-in today and dropped excess pounds! What a way to blast off the Mondays, eh? ;)

Ruth- glad you had fun! It sounds like a great weekend. I want to start a garden, but it turned out a little late in the season to get that idea. :(

CA85- I'm with you on not weighing, woohoo! :cool:

Schatzi- what can i say, other than...i'm sorry? i guess getting ice cream wasn't worth it, eh? :p

FL_mom- water weight, TOM weight, gained muscle- anything can cause a fluctuation like that. maybe space out your weighings so you don't get discouraged. i know how it is to have a nasty number hanging over your head. Stay OP and focus on the much larger goal: getting healthier FOR LIFE!!!

Ellis- I'm with Schatzi- a "wee kip"? *weirded out* :?:

Kyemom- Don't get discouraged. Focus on how your body feels- you can lose inches faster than the scale goes down, and that's what REALLY makes a difference (especially when you go shopping!) :p Just stick with it, we're all here for you!

As for me, I was very lethargic yesterday. I don't think I ate enough, and I was restless and didn't feel social enough to watch a movie with my parents. :( I'll work on that today. I just finished breakfast- two cupcakes of the breakfast cheesecake warmed up a bit and topped with SF raspberry preserves- my oh MY, they were HEAVENLY! :D It was definately "dessert for breakfast." At first I was thinking "okay, this is pretty skimpy looking, size-wise" but they were quite filling. And I stopped with just a serving, go me! :dizzy:

Kiko 07-18-2005 09:45 AM

Morning!

Ellis A wee kip on the chaise sounds divine! I don't want to wish these infant days away, but I am so freaking tired!!

Schatzi Hope you feel better this moring. Watch out or Ruthie will say, "I told you so!" :lol:

Ruth I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your weekend. You deserve it!

Pear and Artemis WTG on yor losses! I plan to join you this week.

FlMom If you are sticking to the program, I am sure it is water weight. Aren't you also on meds? That could be it as well.

Me- Not much to report. DD is off to preschool today- I am feeling like I really need a break! I think the baby and I will run an errand or two then nap this afternoon. :crossed:

Tammy70 07-18-2005 10:17 AM

Good Mornin' all!!!

I hope everyone's weekend went well. I haven't posted in a while, don't have an excuse but I do read the posts every other day or so. I've been discouraged...for the last 2 weeks I didn't lose anything!!! Up 1 lb. down 1 lb. drove me crazy. binged Saturday night on sf chocolate (york peppermint patties I had 4) and then I had a sf ice cream bar. I felt so guilty the next day and felt like I was eating all the wrong things. But I ate the same thing I always do.... eggs, salad, chicken etc. Maybe I was just depressed over the stall.

Well this morning I've broken the stall... Down 3 pounds. Now tomorrow I may be back up another pound, but I'm chalking that up to water weight.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!!!! :dancer: