South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Question Chromium...What do you know?

Hey chicks I was reading an articale about Chromium in my Woman's World mag I picked up today and it says it is a big boost in weight loss due to it helping to curb sugar cravings. It also burns fat and builds muscle. Just wonderin if anyone knew anything about it or had heard this. They have linked it to weight loss for years but was not real effective due to under dosing by most. It is found in foods (egg whites,whole grains, liver) but is poorly absorbed by woman so we usually do not get near enough in foods. Let me know what ya think or know about it. Sounds like it would be very helpful in phase 1 if it wards off sugar cravings! Night all.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:20 AM   #2  

Hi my nutritionist told me to take it even if its in my vitamin bc of the reasons above and it also has to do with insulin and helps people with diabetes and in my case PCOS. I feel better from taking it! Hope that helps =)
Kimberly
Old 07-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 8"

Default I have a question too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyHeidi
Hi my nutritionist told me to take it even if its in my vitamin bc of the reasons above and it also has to do with insulin and helps people with diabetes and in my case PCOS. I feel better from taking it! Hope that helps =)
Kimberly
Hi Bamie, Good question!

Kimberly- Is there a certain type of chromium she said to take??? I know there is different types like with calcium..(calcium carbonate or calcium citrate etc...) Just wonderin' too.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:21 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I did a search on Chromium in "Does it work?" formerly "Buyer Beware" and found this posted by Suzanne.
Sorry but there is no perfect magic pill so be careful.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:12 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

I forgot to add that it did say it was not a magic pill and a good diet should be followed along. It suggest you take 400 mcg a day if you are "dieting".

Sun Flower2 ....In the mag it says the best type to take is Chromium picolinate. It is best absorbed.

Ruth...Thanks for the link. I know there is no magic pill I just thought about the health benefits as far as it helping with your insulin and sugar cravings especially in p-1.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:50 AM   #6  

Bamie- Yes that is the kind I take. I have PCOS and my insulin levels are all over the place. I get very bad cravings and even after I eat I often feel starving and shaky. This has helped stabalize everything. I was told 400mcg/day but also saw a study somewhere for 1000mcg. So if the 400mcg stops doing the trick I will go to 1000mcg
Kimberly
Old 07-11-2005, 09:54 AM   #7  

Ruth- Thanks for the link. That site says stuff about green tea that I would have never guessed. I used to drink iced green tea and yerba matte in place of my water (as my nutirtionist recc as I couldnt get down a ton of water) and never had any problems. I guess everyone is different.
As far as the Chromium I dont have diabetes but with my PCOS I often feel starved and fainty like hypogly. and the Chromium made that better.
Kimberly
Closed Thread