South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 10:27 PM   #1  

Default Ugh, How do I get back on the beach?

Okay, so I had a few days of struggling last week early in the week. Then Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon I did great. (Ph 2) Today, I choked. I did not plan my meals well and I let myself get too hungry. I nibbled on stuff--like pretzels and chocolate and then took the kids to Culvers drive through and went with the burger meal. Fries and rootbeer. I did throw away my bun but none the less. I caved.

So, now what? If I am hungry should I have a SBD friendly snack like yogurt for my second serving of dairy or what?

I know I need to get to the store and get some meals planned for dinner so that I don't just blow it.

feeling pretty dumb over here.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Don't stress, hon.
You said it yourself... you really need to plan those meals AND plan your snacks.
Jump back on the wagon tomorrow, and if you need to, go onto Phase III for a couple of days to give yourself a breather.
It happens to all of us... don't let it get you down.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:43 PM   #3  

Thanks for the quick reply ellis. I will try to cut myself some slack. I am just feeling like, well, basically, like a failure. I have not lost much so far and am getting tired of beign "good" without the results. I have to keep telling myself that I have not weighed this low in 4 years and that is something.

I know I am pressuring myself because at the end of July we have this extended family trip coming up and there will be pool and beach time. I love playing with my kids in the water and if it was just us 5 I would not even be concerned. BUT my hubby's sisters are tiny little stick women and I just feel sooo uncomforable going swimming with the whole gang. (Not to mention that FIL always takes pics of us all in the pool. Oh yeah, that is something I want to go down in the family scrapbooks.)

I know that is what is behind my putting pressure on myself for one little lapse in judgement, but I just am not getting beyond it.

Anyway, truly, thanks for the encouragement. It really does help.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 PM   #4  

What Ellis said. Plan your meals. Maybe you also need a plan B. Something that you always have in the house in case your plans are off.

Lydia, back on phase 1 for the next week
Old 06-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #5  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Oh girl ((((hugs))) I know how you feel! I started phase 1 on 5/26 and lost 10 lbs. in the first week......yes that is right...the first week. It was mostly water weight...but "hey" it came off of the scale. Anyhoos ~ I went on vacation last week and it was very hard to pass up all of the great food...so I fell off my eating plan and gained back 5 lbs. in 5 days. I was determined to start back and did so yesterday (6/14) ~ my carb cravings were awful in the afternoon. ~ today is day 2 of starting back on phase 1 and hoping it is a much better day. You can do it! The recipes and support on this board is a huge part of my starting again. When I see those tickers of how much weight some of the girls have lost....I get soooo inspired.
Being prepared is a huge factor in staying on track.

((((good luck hugs))))

~Tracy~
Old 06-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Disney, this is a really common problem. It's a mistake, but if you learn from it, it's a worthwhile experience.

So, learn from it! Don't let it happen again. Plan all your meals in a way that ensures you will do it each week without fail. When you shop, buy some extras so you have them in the fridge in case. In P2, I keep a couple of boxes/bags of frozen veggies in my freezer in case I don't have enough leftover veggies. I also know of a grocery store near home that has a great salad bar with tons of stuff that is SBD safe and yummy. I go there if I end up in a pinch. There is a great fast food guide for SBD in the FAQ...I keep a copy of it in my car in case I'm ever that desperate. Do what you need to in order to set yourself up for success, okay?

When you are hungry, have a snack that combines veggies and protein. 3 bean salad (homemade with no sugar) is ideal...especially because those beans are good carbs and can make any cravings you are having easier. Other thoughts: veggies (I love peppers!) and hummus, celery with laughing cow, meat rollups with veggies inside, small salad with lots of veggies and some reduced-fat feta cheese and chickpeas, etc. The veggies fill you up (do they ever! ) and the protein keeps you full longer.

Though yogurt and milk are good (3 servings a day to get rid of belly fat), they are considered carbs by your body. They won't fill you up nor will they keep you full like veggies and protein will. So don't reach for them when you are dying of hunger, okay? And don't just reach for protein. It will keep you full longer, but you have to eat a lot of it (and then a lot of sat. fat, in many cases) to feel full. So combine a small amount of protein with a large amount of veggies. Works really well--promise.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #7  

Thanks guys!!

I am feeling better today. We had a meeting this morning at church (A two hour meeting and they provide child care for my kids for $6 total--what a deal that is!!) Anyway, we went shopping afterward and the store I went to had SBD foods on sale. So, I got the cereal, several pizzas and several frozen meals. Had this chicken with a bit of cheese and vegies one for lunch and it was darn good.

I am goign to the "other" grocery store in town tonight after DH gets home so I can stock up on the regular items and plan out my meals for everyone for the week.

I know this will work, I just have to give myself time to lose the weight and not keep getting myself down for going slow. That is when I allow myself to slip up--you know, the old, "Oh it is going so slow, why even try?" Mentality. I have done that little scene too many times before and this time it is not going to win me over.

It is soooo good to hear from all you chicks who have been at this for awhile and to read the info and ideas and support you have to share.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:01 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Disney, you're ready!! Good for you, hon! Being prepared is such a large part of the battle.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:30 PM   #9  

Disney, I am falling into the same trap you did. Not planning - and it's driving me crazy! But, until I read this, I had forgotten about the frozen meals. That would be so good for me on school nites. I'm on day 3 of P2 and having a hard time! I had a sandwich today for lunch! I got the carrots instead of the chips, but didn't eat too many of them.
I am going to get some of those meals and plan next week's menu better!!!!
You can do it! Thanks for writing about this - I was just going to be mad at myself, but now I have a solution!
Old 06-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #10  

My weeks of greatest losses are weeks I plan out very carefully. Plan, plan, and plan some more
Old 06-18-2005, 08:24 PM   #11  
Cat Lover

I have the same problem here ladies!!!!

I fell off the wagon! It really does come down to planing. You have to make menus and then shop accordingly.

I also have to remember this is more about long term health than just losing weight!

Sandi
Old 06-19-2005, 03:30 PM   #12  
Tina

Just hop right back on, don't beat yourself up about it...next meal is a new meal...next day a new day...

I had TWO wedding/receptions to attend this weekend, Friday nights I did pretty well, had only a few tiny indiscretions...Saturday night, I splurged big time, . But you know what...I noticed that I STILL made a lot more healthier chooses for the majority of my dinner...and unlike some others I hear, I THOROUGHLY enjoyed every delicious bite of my off plan items, . I don't feel the least bit guilty...the important thing is it was saved for a 'special' event and I had a lot of fun!! now today, back full force onto the beach!
Closed Thread