South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 05:32 AM   #1  
Cat Lover

Talking Tuesday Chick Chatter

Good Morning!

I got up early today, possibly beating Ruth!! It's that Claritan D, I slept on and off, but it has worked in reducing my cold.

Here's to Tuesday! I'm hoping the weather allows me to run tonight. Need to practice for Saturday!

Have a great Day!!!

SANDI
Old 05-31-2005, 05:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Sandi. Thanks for starting us up. I was in here and tried to close the weekend post but got kicked out! Claritan D affects my sleep too but it sure does help colds. I hope you can run tonight as planned.

We had a big thunderstorm yesterday afternoon and I really felt summer was here. I sat on the front porch in my wicker and enjoyed the show. Unfortunately, it has made it too wet to do much gardening but it will eventually get done. My tomato plants are looking at me reproachfully so they will be first in the ground when it dries a bit. We have clay soil and it just packs if you try to dig it when wet.

It looks like a pretty day is unfolding in the little village of Delta. What's happening under your Beach Umbrella?
Old 05-31-2005, 05:54 AM   #3  
Cat Lover

Good Morning Ruth!

Your village and the wicker on your porch sound so inviting. Is it really pretty where you live? Hope everything dries out today!

SANDI
Old 05-31-2005, 07:16 AM   #4  

good morning ladies....back to RAIN! ugh i am so sick of rain!!!

josh is still in bed he has today off...so lucky

well i am off to get ready hope all of you have a great day!

<3
chels
Old 05-31-2005, 07:26 AM   #5  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking 2days a better day!!!

Good morning BEACH BABES!!! No time to post last few days,working and DH playing on computer,,,Regrouped my nerves and ready to start anew...Stormy all weekend and this week,loving it,my fertilizer is too..Cant decide what I weigh,:mr goodscale said 4 diff weights,so just leave ticker the same...Pulling out my beach towel and trying harder to stay on PH1 starting 2day....Happy BEACHIN BABES...GOFISHIN
Old 05-31-2005, 07:58 AM   #6  

Morning all!
Yesterday went to a BBQ. I knew there would be my MILs delish potato and mac salad... so I brought cuke and onions in a vinagerette. Not to say I wasn't tempted, but having something SBD friendly made it easier to stay OP.
LuckyCat-hope you get your run in today and GL on Saturday!
Ruthie - I have such a lovely picture in my head of your piece of heaven in Delta. I wish I had a green thumb...Unfortunately I have a GANGREEN one..*sigh*...but I'm getting better each season!

Time to take "the girls" out for their walk... shooting for a 2 mile one this morning!
Have a great day!
Old 05-31-2005, 08:14 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks.....life is crazy here. I really don't seem to have the time to do much. DD's are both leaving on school trips in the morning and decided to let me know this morning that either of them have shorts.... so I guess it is off to the mall tonight. The week end was full of dance and this week end will be the same. Ruth I wish you would send some nice weather this way we seen the sun for about 2 hours yesterday afternoon they are promising tomorrow it will get better. I hope so cause it feels like November not May. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:20 AM   #8  

Wow, I'm here early for me. DH and DD are still sleeping.

Sandi: Good luck on getting a run in.

Ruth: Sorry your tomatoes are sad. We have red clay. When it gets wet there's nothing you can do with it. Today is starting out grey.

angelshine: I'm with you. I'm sick of the rain but we're on well water so I know we need it.

gofishin: Glad to hear you've regrouped. I keep my scale in the same place. Okay, I play with it and move it different places but I use the same place for official weight.

Schatzi: WTG. Great job of staying op.

little chick: Hang in there. Sorry you're having a crazy week. Deep breath.

Me: Nothing really. Stayed op yesterday. My weight keeps bouncing. Time for .
Old 05-31-2005, 09:47 AM   #9  
Gryffindor Pride

Well, I had a bad weekend for Plan, pretty much. Since it's phase I I need to start over but I'm not sure if Phase I is even doable for me. I really hate how I feel through it. If de-tox takes 6 days or more, I really don't want to be that mean, tired, and snappy for any longer. I was miserable for the entire time and tired constantly. I saw results on the scale but I felt lousy and I was really just not a nice person. How do you ladies get yourselves through Phase I? I know I'll have to start over but I don't know if I can bring myself to make it through Phase I. I know the results are worth it and I want to lose the weight but I hate how it makes me feel. I know it's "just two weeks" but I really hate how it affects me. And advice would be great because I want to get through it but I don't want to be so unhappy.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Chickies,
It's a quiet, cloudy day here. 2 of my kiddos are now gone, my youngest DD is on a mission trip with her youth group, in Chattanooga, and my 16 yo DD is off to Tuscaloosa to the University of Alabama for Cheerleader Camp...My oldest DD is leaving this evening for Mexico on her senior trip..It's gonna be soo quiet here for the next week! I'm working almost every evening this week....so my DS and my DH are gonna be on their own!
I worked my first full day yesterday, it was a slow evening, but it gave me a chance to get a bit more familiar with the pharmacy. I think I'm really gonna like this job. Several of the rounds we went on, we took the stairs, I may start using some of my lunch break to climb the stairs to the top floor (6th) and back down to the ground.
The trainer at the gym changed my weight routine a bit, adding some free weights and some more leg stuff, My thighs are a bit sore this morning!!

I decided to run down to the gym this morning to weigh in on the last day of May, so I could know exactly how much weight I've lost this month....dun, da, da, DAAAAA....4 more lbs down...for a grand total of 19 lbs this month! WOO HOO

I'm not gonna try to reply to all of you, but I'm so glad to have some online Beach Buddies!!!!! Y'all are the BEST!!

I hope you all have a GREAT day!
Congratulations on all victories, no matter how small or large they may be!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:04 AM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

I didn't make it to the flea market yesterday. My back has really been bothering me and the Chiropracter was on vacation last week. By Memorial day I was having shrieking muscle spasms and didn't want to risk the walk. O have been trying to exercise through it but it's not working. DF took DS to the Memorial Day parade and then DS, DM & DF went to hit golf balls (I took pictures) and had lunch outside. What a beautiful weekend we had. Of course we are getting critical in needing rain - but this only happens once a decade in Michigan. Usually Memorial weekend is cold and rainy.

Well I finished my first week running everything through fit day. I did really good and finished the week with 269 calorie deficit to head into the new week with. Unfortunately I blew the 269 plus another 132 behaving badly yesterday with 3 drinkies, 1/4 of a quesadilla and a little tiny strawberry shortcake. But I was honest and put everything into fit day. So now I have 132 EXTRA calories to carry over into this week. But that shouldn't be a problem. I'm excited to weigh myself except TOM is due Friday and it may blow my weightloss until it completes and I don't want to get discouraged.

Fiber One has a new cereal out called Fiber One with Honey clusters. It actually has better nutritional information contents than the SBD cereals. It is yummy and the serving size is 1 1/4 cups. Two thumbs up from this chick.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:08 AM   #12  

Good Morning Chicks!

I'm assuming this is where I post during Phase II? I lost 7 pounds during Phase I, and am so happy to have made it to Phase II, as of this morning.

Hope to report success next week...

You guys seem to be doing very well. 19 pounds in a month! Wow, great job PHinsUP!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:35 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone!! I had a wonderful weekend! I drove down to my home town & visited my mother, she's coming home from the nursing home on June 27 - she's excited to be coming home!
I ran into an old high school friend at Walgreen's - he looked alot older than 30 - eww! He told me that I still look like I'm 18 - YEAH!!! (I had NO make up on either!)
I also got to babysit my niece, Kloe for 2 DAYS! Oh my....how do you moms do it? I couldn't do anything because she gets into EVERYTHING & QUICKLY!!!! She got a hold of my planner & doodled away....oh well. I do have lot's of pictures, so look for a new avatar!!
Well I'm going to take a shower & do some scrapbooking! Have a great day!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 10:37 AM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. I was back in the hospital last week and missed you all. Hopefully that will be the last time for a while, but still have a dr. appointment next week and 'he will see.'

Can't stay too long...just got back to work again yesterday and found out that the boss is away now. He hurt his back over the weekend and can barely move. He's a big man, so I am sure that he is in horrid pain.

DM is having more breast surgery next Monday. We are quite a pair. If it's not me showing up at the hospital, it's her. They are starting to get to know us there...hope the reputation isn't too bad.

Before I went in the hospital, I filled out a form giving my food preferences. I explained that I don't eat processed starches - only brown rice, brown bread, whole wheat flour, etc. - no sugar and no potatoes. There wasn't one meal that they served me that wasn't loaded with processed starches, sugar, or potatoes. The meat was even a sweet and sour concoction, or smothered in gravy. THEN, they pretend that they are concerned about me not eating. which is the reason that I was in hospital in the first place. OMG.

Hope everyone is doing well. Must run. Take care.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:48 AM   #15  

Good morning chickies! Glad to see most everyone has recovered from the weekend picnics and such (at least on this side of the border.)

Anchor, so glad MI had a nice weekend, but sorry about your back. My sister gets back spasms, too. She had the go to the ER last month, 7 mo preg, and they wouldn't give her anything. She had to go up to labor/dev. to get some pain meds. Preg woman with a bad back--not a pretty sight. Glad I live a few states away!

Phins--wow! 19 lbs--wish I started SBD right away. I started trying at the same time as you, but have only done 2 weeks of South Beach. Looks like we have similar goals, too, but 4 kids! How do you do it?

Gryff, what have you been eating? Are you eating enough? Are you sure it's the food, or could it be caffeinne withdrawal or something else? I feel like I eat a ton, and it's all great yummy stuff. (And yes, I'm talking about Phase 1.) Just wondering........encouragement vibes and hugs, you can stick with it!

Little chick, have fun at the mall! Good luck finding shorts that aren't daisy dukes in the girls/juniors section!

And congrats, Schatzi, on making it through the BBQ OP! Don't you feel proud of yourself?

As for me, I'm feeling fine. Woke up at 5:30, thought of Ruth and her coffee on the deck, decided "no way" and rolled over and slept till 7! Very glad that I'm going to do phase 1 for one more week. Am finally seeing results, love being able to wear these khakis, and funny, expect everyone to stop me and say, "Hey, have you lost weight? Did you get new clothes?" and then I say "Yes, I have! But these old things? Just pulled them out of the back of the closet...." Yeah, I know, I'm so silly. The weight doesn't show a lot on a body this size.....maybe in another 15 lbs. But I'm finally feeling good, feeling like I can do this. And that's a good feeling.

Some morning thoughts (warning: ramble to follow)
Was thinking about our latest bride to be, Holly Marie, and how she wants to lose weight for her beautiful wedding dress. If you're reading, Holly, you can do it! And get yourself fit for yourself, DH, and DD. Think I have about 25-30 lbs to go until I can fit back into mine. June 12 will be six years for us.......look forward to that day when I can wear mine again. That's one of my mini goals, to be at wedding weight, which I'm guessing was somewhere around 215 or so. (No scales around me in Africa for the wedding.) Spent some time on the maintainers section of the forum yesterday. Very inspired by Mrs. Jim and Meg. Both have lost a lot, and look great. Which make me think....(hmm, maybe too much thinking going on? ) I've been thinking I want to be a size 10/12. But what if I'm not happy with that? Could I be a 4 or 6? Is that even possible? (Obviously riding high on endorphins or something this am....) What I want to be is fit and healthy, able to play with my son (and any other children we have), make my husband proud of me, and be proud of myself for beating this lifelong (yes, really, LIFElong) battle. I want to walk into any store and find something I like that fits. I'd like to wear a bikini. (Sidenote, kind of goes along with the lifelong comment. Had a bikini at my insistence and mom's reluctance when I was about 7. Wore it to a "friend's" pool. She was more like an acquaintance. One of the PARENTS wondered out loud to another parent why my mom would buy ME a bikini..........decided I would never wear it again and embarass my mom.) But now I have hope, and feeling good.

And I can't say enough how all of YOUR support has helped. It's let me know I'm in the same boat as a lot of others. And no matter if I'm trying to get to 150, and someone else is trying to get away from 150--we've all got stories and struggles and victories--and we're here to build up each other! Love ya, all!

Last edited by mamaeli; 05-31-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Closed Thread