South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:48 AM   #1  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Talking I checked out my Marshall's and lo & behold

They carry DaVinci syrups. I purchased SF Spiced Chai concentrate and SF Kahlua. AND they were cheaper than the SF syrups at Walmart!

I have rediscovered Marshall's and LOVE it. I also bought 2 pairs of shoes for my girls. I got in trouble when my hubby found out. I have a slight shopping problem! LOL!

Last edited by MallynAllysmom; 05-24-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:53 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Congrats, MnA! The Kahlua is divine...I'm almost out of mine and need to get more. Hope there is some left at TJ Maxx! Those stores get what is available, so sometimes there won't be any and sometimes there will be lots, so keep checking if they don't have any next time.

Shopping for twins can get very expensive! Hopefully DH understands.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:54 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

LOL

I worked in TJ mAxx part time for 5 years and still am addicted to it/Marshall's/Ross. It's where I bought my SF syrups too (as well as some bedding items/perfume/pants...etc!)
Old 05-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #4  

Smart and Final, Cash and Carry, World Markets are also great resources for Davinci/
Torani syrups at low prices
Old 05-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #5  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

All I can find are Vanilla and Hazelnut. (To me I could use Vanilla extract, right? and I don't like Hazelnut.) I would LOVE the Chai!!! I check our Marshall's or Ross every few weeks, but I might have to get out today and do a double check!

I wasn't sure about the Kahlua, I've never had it before. What would you put it in?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:08 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nummy! I'd put it in milk or in coffee! Wish I could find it here.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ooh, I miss Smart n' Final!

Christy, you can find them at a local coffee shop (not a chain, like Starbucks, though they have them, but they are super expensive)--they will usually order them for you. Getting them at a place like TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ross is cheapest, though. They are better than extract because they are sweetened. You can use them to add both sweetness and flavor.

I use mine:
  • To flavor smoothies
  • To make hot cocoa (I use syrup in place of sugar in the recipe on the side of the Hershey's Cocoa box)
  • To add to plain yogurt
  • Drizzled over SF ice cream (a once in a blue moon indulgence...)
  • Drizzled over Cottage cheese and fruit
  • In coffee
  • In tea (SF vanilla in the Gingerbread Spice tea is divine! )
  • In recipes--homemade ice cream, baking, etc.

They are amazing...and very tasty. I love the Kahlua (great in hot cocoa and coffee...tastes like the real thing!), B-52 (a mix of kahlua, bailey's, etc.), English Toffee, and Caramel. Cinnamon was a bit bitter, Raspberry has way too much food coloring (pleh!), and White chocolate didn't really have any flavor. Those are all DaVinci flavors...haven't found Torani at a cheap price. I try to get the ones made primarily or totally with Splenda as the others seem to give me headaches.

Oh, and I love Irish Cream, too...I get it in my coffee at Wegman's!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:49 PM   #8  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm dying for Caramel... Starbucks only has Vanilla and Hazelnut. Our local coffee shop has Caramel, but their coffee isn't always the greatest.

I know where to get them, just would love to find them at Marshall's. I dont' mind going and looking for them, it's shopping!!!
Closed Thread