South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:09 PM   #1  

Unhappy New to 3FC

Hi, everyone. I started South Beach a little more than 2 months ago and I am thrilled with my results! So far I have lost 26 pounds. I have only lost one size, however, which is a bit disappointing. My family has been supportive but I feel like I need more, that's why I'm here. I have had a difficult week, lots of cravings, I'm not sure why. I just gave in a few minutes ago and had half of an oatmeal cookie (not the diet type!). I feel angry that I gave in and ashamed that I couldn't get over it. Anyway, I'm here for some extra support and I'm willing to help others, too, if I can

Jenni
Old 05-16-2005, 08:32 PM   #2  

Smile

Jenni your questions sounded like mines. I had 2 BIG ole pieces of choclate cake just now and I fell so good! I know on me. I always say tommorows another day don't be so hard on yourself this is a process find out what went wrong? Where you stressing? Tired? Bored? Got to hungry?

Me? It was just knowing that cake was there so im gonna dust myself off an start all over again during dinner tonight. Hang in there and be good to yourself it doesn't pay to get upset because that will lead to definately failure Take one day at a time

Carol
Old 05-16-2005, 09:14 PM   #3  

Smile Thanks!!!

Thanks Carol! You made me feel better. Tomorrow is a new day!

Jenni

Old 05-16-2005, 09:16 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Jenni, we're so glad to have you join us!
I LOVE it when people say they're here to give support as well as to receive it. A woman after my heart.
Step away from the cookies, girl! You can do this!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:20 AM   #5  

Thumbs up Jenni You are welcome

Jenni im glad you feel better, remember we are here for you too and toay will be a good day . You too the first step and that was to admit that you slipped up and you are also on a mission to achieve a better body and great help. Please know that you can do THIS!! and we will push you in the right direction. Hang in there and cheers to you
Old 05-17-2005, 08:36 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome aboard the Beach Buggy, Jen! Hey, we all fall off the plan. Why do you think there are three of us MODs on Phase I again?

Like Ellis, I too am glad to hear someone say they will give support as well as take it. Just hang out and we'll help each other on this journey.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:27 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Welcome to the beach Jen
Old 05-17-2005, 09:52 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Jenni!

Jenni, when you have physical cravings, that means it's time to head back to Phase 1 for a week (or less if the cravings go away). Don't feel ashamed...cravings are a result of the blood sugar dropping in your body and your body's need to normalize them is a natural and strong urge. Just jump back into Phase 1 and they will go away and you can get back to the ease of living without cravings.

If the cravings are mental, you might find help in journaling to find out why you have this response to food. Find ways to remove yourself from the food, and ensure that things like oatmeal cookies aren't in the house. Your health is paramount, and your family (if they are the ones bringing such stuff in) can find it on their own if they think they really need it. Be strong on this and keep it out of the house so you can't eat it. Take up a hobby that uses your hands, like crochet or quilting, and do that when watching TV or in situations where you used to snack. Think about joining OA (www.oa.org) if you think that would help. You can do this!!! Your amazing loss so far shows that!!!

What size were you wearing? When I started losing, I was a 26/28. It took me months before I lost a size, and many months before I lost another. Unfortunately, it seems that the largers sizes have many more pounds between them than the smaller ones. Once I started wearing size 20s, I found that the sizes started dropping much more quickly.

Are you exercising? If you tone and firm your muscles, your clothes will start fitting better even if the scale doesn't show a loss. Mosey on over to the Exercise forum and check their 'stickies' (threads stuck at the top of the forum) for a picture that compares a pound of fat with a pound of muscle. The muscle is not only much smaller and leaner, but it burns fat even when you are sleeping while fat doesn't. So think about strength training (lifting weights or things like Pilates/Yoga) to build muscle.

We're glad you are here!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:57 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Carol, welcome!

Get that cake out of your house, girl! You know you will be longing after it as long as it's there, so clean it out!

It helps so much to get anything off plan out of your house and fill your house with lots of on-plan (OP) food. Then you have no excuses and nowhere to go to eat the things that hurt you. If you find yourself craving again, jump back on Phase 1 so you can get the sugar out of your system and start over again clean. It helps so much!

I find that I need to do Phase 1 about once every three or four months. Eventually something with too much sugar gets into my system (probably something from eating out that I didn't realize was full of sugar...) and I need to do some 'internal housecleaning'. It always sets me on the right track. I often dread going back to Phase 1, but when I get there, I feel like I'm falling into a comfortable bed and I'm so happy to be back on track. I feel so much better when I'm OP. Physically, emotionally, and spiritually. :

You can do this, Carol, and we're behind you!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:16 AM   #10  

Welcome Jenn.

Your beach blanket is waiting for you and the water is great. Like everyone said, next meal is always a new start.

Lydia
Old 05-17-2005, 12:57 PM   #11  

Welcome!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:25 PM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome aboard Jen! Don't worry about the sizes. I am only down one size after losin 22 lbs.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:31 PM   #13  

Thanks, all of you. Yes, today I have been a "good girl" and I told my husband to get the cookies out of the house. He said he was sorry and he would take them to his work today, but when I got home from work this evening the cookies were still sitting on the kitchen counter!!! I think I ate the cookie last night simply because it was there. I kept going back into the kitchen like I had to check up on it or something! I can honestly say that before South Beach, I certainly wouldn't have stopped at half a cookie. I would have eaten 5 or 6, maybe more. You know the really sad thing is that it didn't taste very good anyway!

To answer your question, Laurie, I was wearing tight size 22, so I really needed 24s. I went to Lane Bryant to buy new pants over the weekend, but their sizes have changed (smaller) or something! I ended up somewhere else and bought size 20!!!

Thanks, again, for the welcome and support! I really needed it!
Closed Thread