South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:31 AM   #1  

Default Phase 2 issues

Okay, since I've started ph 2, I'm tired and cranky. I don't feel as good as I did on ph 1, but I can't live the rest of my life without carbs, so what's the deal? Is it possible that carbs have an adverse effect on moods? When I started ph 1, I was in a good mood, felt good when I woke up in the morning. Now I can barely drag outta bed!!!! Anyone know? I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of a depression.

Jenn
Old 05-05-2005, 09:54 AM   #2  

How many carb foods are you having each day? and which foods are you adding in? I think you have to find a happy medium for yourself. I know that I feel sluggish eating certain grain foods while adding in fruit has been terrific and lifts my energy.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:04 AM   #3  

It's been grain....oatmeal mainly. Maybe I should shuck the grain for a while and try some fruit. I've been craving strawberries!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:52 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Butterfly, give each change a week to see how it goes, okay? Personally, eating any carbs in the morning makes me feel just like you described and I get bad cravings, too. I limit my carbs and fruit to lunch or after, and now I have lots of energy. So while you are trying grain, try another week of having it in the afternoon and see if that helps. If not, do a week of fruit and no grain and see what happens. I know some people just can't do grains and some can't do fruit. It's just a matter of what works for your body.

Take gentle care of yourself while you are figuring this out, okay? And if you still feel depressed, make sure you see a doctor, okay?
Closed Thread