South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 09:50 PM   #1  
One Smart Cookie

S/C/G: 253/196/137

Height: 5'8"

Default bad cold, no appetite!!

aughhh! I've had a really bad cold/flu for the last two days and am completely miserable...my body aches, my head is stuffed up, I can hardly breathe...and have no appetite, I can't stand to eat!! I'm so afraid that this is going to have a bad affect on my weight loss...I'm barely squeezing in two full meals a day...wish I could have something comforting...any suggestions on phase one?? I've been drinking hot herbal tea like crazy just to have something warm...
Old 05-05-2005, 09:46 AM   #2  

How about having some soup? egg drop soup would be a good one. Very soothing to me. I hope you feel better very soon.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, that's miserable. AZ's idea is a good one. You can't force yourself to eat when you're sick. Just drink lots of liquids. Get better soon, hon.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #4  

I was sick for several weeks with the flu in February. I just forced myself to consume lots of fluids. Make some chicken noodle soup or egg drop soup. I drank lots of hot tea. I did try to nibble some Triscuits or dry wheat toast with my soup just to get a little something extra. Wendy's chili was also great when I wanted something hot but didn't want to have to cook it. It is important that you eat as much as you can. I wouldn't worry if you go a little off plan while you recover but try to do as well as you can.

I dropped a lot of weight being sick for so long. I wasn't exercising and I didn't eat my normal amount. But all of the weight came back and more as I started to feel better. I had to realize that the low weight was not normal and was caused by dehydration.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:39 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Just keep drinking as much as you can, and try to eat as much protein as you can when you eat so you don't lose muscle during this time, okay? Take gentle care of yourself and don't worry about staying OP too much, especially with meds like cough drops, syrup, and such.

If you can stomach milk, make some hot cocoa: heat 1 cup of milk in the micro (about 3 mins., 30 sec), meanwhile, put 4 tsp of Hershey's cocoa in a mug. Stir in about 2 Tbsp (I like 2.5 Tbsp) of a SF syrup or of splenda. Add a pinch of salt. Stir this until well combined, especially if you used syrup. When the milk is heated, mix it into the mug and add a dash of vanilla extract. Heat again if it got cold, and enjoy. I drink this every night and find it very comforting. It'll add a little protein to your diet, too.
Closed Thread