South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 07:38 AM   #1  

Default Experienced phase 2ers, please help!

I've been on phase 2 for three days. I've gained two pounds
The only things I've done were add back 2 "carbs" the first day, and then one carb each of the next day. I don't understand it! Is it normal to gain back a couple of pounds at first? I'm exercizing some now and I don't get it.
I won't stay on phase 1 forever in order to lose weight. HELP PLEASE!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:19 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

For the first week, try adding in just one carb a day. Try to pick carbs that are low on the Glycemic Index (a small apple, oatmeal or half a sweet potate might be good choices). And don't forget to keep drinking your water. If you find that you are still gaining weight, then you might try to only add a carb every other day for a week and see if that makes a difference.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whoa! When they say add a carb a day, they mean do a week with one carb each day and, if you continue to lose, add back another carb and keep the eye on the scale. Perhaps I misunderstood you but it looks like you are adding too many carbs too fast.

From Planning for Phase II
Quote:
Start Small. Choose one carbohydrate—like a piece of fruit or a slice of whole-grain bread—and add it to one daily meal for one week. If after one week you're still losing weight and are free of cravings, then you can move on and begin adding more carbs. If your progress stalls, try a new carb until you find one that works.
Give it a try - slowly! (((butterflykisses)))
Old 05-04-2005, 08:40 AM   #4  

Thanks girls! That makes more sense. I'll do a couple days of ph 1 to get back on track and then start over again on ph 2!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #5  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks

Ruth, Thanks for that explanation. I too am on week 1 of ph2 and all I have added back is 1/2 c oatmeal at breakfast and I am showing a slight gain every morning. I will give it a week and if I still have not dropped back down, I will drop the oatmeal and try something else.

Jacque
Old 05-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #6  

Default Adding my .02..

I didn't lose weight the first week of phase 2 *but* I have been consistently losing for the next two weeks. The victories have been smaller, but this way of eating is really easy and effortless now.

I only added in grapes, oatmeal, brown rice and the occasional shrimp dumpling. I even ate an in-n-out burger (I am terrible, i know! But I still lost weight.)

Oh, and I started eating way more calories which has helped. I tend to eat to little.

Best of luck!
Old 05-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #7  

How are things going now? Hope the scale is cooperating
Old 05-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #8  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Answer to question

I have stopped gaining since I omitted the oatmeal. I am afraid to add in a fruite or whatever for fear of gaining even more back. Not sure how to proceed.

Jacque
Old 05-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #9  
Working for the Cruise!

Jacque,

Start with berries. Strawberries are on sale at every store here in NY. I've got a great Strawberry Shortcake recipe (totally flourless) that I'll post to the dessert forum eventually.

Don't beat yourself up. You need to find what foods make you fat and what foods your body wants to use. It's different for everyone and the first few weeks in Phase II you're going to be experimenting with the different foods. I'm struggling with the same issues!

Get your water and veggies in!
Closed Thread