South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:15 AM   #1  
krazy binging insomiac

Default Being Sick on SB

Hey everyone,

I recently tried to go back on SB and ended up getting really sick. Not because of SB that's for sure but cause i work in a busy office with recirculated air and get on average 4 hours of sleep a nite.

anyway on to my question. i was so sick (flu) that i ended up eating nothin' but soda crackers and gingerale (yeah i know totally out the window for the diet). now i'm worried about eating 'normal' foods again cause i'm still really weak and some scents still bother me (i got in my elevator today and the smell of someone's cologne almost made me puke). so i guess the question is, what would you suggest to someone a) who's terribly sick and b) who's coming off a serious sickness?

thanx
Old 04-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

IMHO: When you are sick, you have to eat what you can physically eat. Don't worry about the diet right now. (Just don't go crazy like I do and indulge in cartons of cool whip and chocolate pudding-that was a 5 pound gain cold for me. ) When you do start back to eating, try to stick to the foods to enjoy list as much as possible. And what are doing going back to work so soon? If the smells make you want to puke still? Go home, crawl back into bed, find someone who feels sorry for you to make you a pot of chicken soup.

Hope you start feeling better soon.
Sarah
Old 04-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I agree with Sarah. And it sounds like you really need to make some "you time", and get more sleep, hon. Get better soon!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:10 PM   #4  

Egg drop soup is easy to make and easy on the tummy. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:22 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Nefarious, check out the "SBD Winter Cold Info" thread...I bumped it up for you. Hope you feel better soon!
Closed Thread