South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default Help. I don't know what to make for dinner

I am having a friend over for dinner. She is on Phase 2 with me. I have chicken defrosted, but I have no idea what to make. i am not being inspired, and she has both of my books. any suggestions you have would be great.

thanks
Old 04-23-2005, 12:47 PM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Did you check out the recipe forum, there are some really great ideas on there. Hope you have a wonderful time with your friend.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:51 PM   #3  

How about a salad with greens, sliced Gala apples, sliced almonds, a few crumbles of blue cheese or feta with a vinagrette? then some roasted or grilled veggies and ricotta cremes for dessert?
Old 04-23-2005, 01:04 PM   #4  

The salad sounds good. but I wanted something more substaintial. I didn't find anything on the forums that sounded good. Thanks for the suggestions, but keep um coming please!
Old 04-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

My fav dinner is diced chicken cooked, and then add some chopped broccoli, asparagus, peppers, in a curry sauce. It's very phase 1 though. Or how about a grilled chicken ceasar salad? Or depending on where you live, you could BBQ the chicken with some sugar free BBQ sauce, and grill some veggies on the BBQ as well. It's BBQ weather where I live today.. but I don't think everyone is as lucky. Or, I sometimes make spaghetti squash and a homemade tomato sauce with diced chicken. Goodluck!

-Aimee
Old 04-23-2005, 01:33 PM   #6  

How about a chicken stirfry? Brown the chicken then add some fresh broccoli and onions, cook till crisp. Maybe add some LF/LS soy sauce and some brown rice.

Whatever you make, good luck with it and I hope you have a great time
Old 04-23-2005, 01:34 PM   #7  

I didn't even think to grill. What a great idea. i will get right on marinading my chicken.

I knew you guys would be able to help me!

Thanks

Jamie
Old 04-23-2005, 06:55 PM   #8  
YES!! You Can!!

S/C/G: 274/150.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi!
I grill 2 lbs pof chicken breasts each week so I always have something on hand for a quick meal or snack.

I sautee alot of fresh veggies with my meals. I got a wok type of pan and start with olive oil, fresh garlic and some crushed red pepper. Get this simmering so my house smells great!! Then I put in a little lemon juice and add whatever spices I feel like that day. Then I'll cook up all kinds of different combos of veggies, ie: broccoli and mushrooms, or zucchini and onions w/ mushrooms, etc.

I also grill alot of fish!!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #9  

Dinner went great! Although she knew what we were having because she checked this forum and found out. Too funny!

We had grilled chicken, green beans, asparagus, and sweet potatoes.

then we played trivial pursuit, the 90's edition. WOW that is really hard, or I am just really dumb!

Have a good one, thanks for all the help! You girls rock!
Closed Thread