South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I love Annie's products (and not just because they have a bunny as a mascot... ). They recently came out with organic WW pasta and cheese (i.e. mac and cheese with WW pasta). Yum!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #17  

I've seen that in the stores but figured the cheese packet would be too high in bad stuff even if the pasta was okay. Is it really OP?
Old 05-02-2005, 01:43 PM   #18  
I can do this!

Check it out...from what I remember, it was just basically cheese. Being organic, they stay away from nasty things like hydrogenated oil.

Here's the ingredients:
Quote:
Made with only the best vegetarian ingredients: Organic Durum Semolina Pasta (Organic Durum Wheat Flour, Water), Organic White Cheddar Cheese (Organic Cultured Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Enzymes), Whey, Salt.
They make wonderful products, and I was thrilled to see a whole wheat version! You can find out more here: http://www.annies.com/products/orgww.html
Old 05-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #19  

I usually try to stay away from cheeses that aren't reduced fat. But this might be okay as an occasional treat. Usually I just make my own sauces for pasta.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #20  
Darrell's Girl

There is a restaurant in Charlotte called Harper's. They have a Mediterranean menu (you have to ask for it) and I get the grilled chicken breast sandwich (minus the bread) so that has lettuce and tomato on the side, then steamed broccoli and cauliflower.. it's awesome!
Old 05-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #21  
A Lily from my yard!

Aileen...Glad to see ya back! We've missed you!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jeez, Beachgal, didja have to start this thread? We can't get that yummy stuff up here in The Great White North and I'm drooling. We do have Swiss Chalet where you can order chicken breast and salad but.......
Old 05-04-2005, 05:03 PM   #23  
I can do this!

See, now I've never even heard of Swiss Chalet! Tell me more... I have to admit that your local restaurant (Long Horn?) sounds yummy too.

You can always come south and visit and we can check out cool places together! Just keep those Timbits, butter tarts, and beavertails on your side of the border, okay?
Old 05-04-2005, 05:38 PM   #24  
A Lily from my yard!

I am not sure if it is the same that Ruth has up there but we have Longhorn Steak House down here. I love it!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:34 PM   #25  
I can do this!

Hey, all! Had to search to find this thread again...

I picked up a box of SF Philly Swirl popsicles at Sam's Club a month ago. I whipped through the box in short order and am now on my second. They are DELICIOUS!!! They are supposed to be like Italian ices on a stick. 10 cals each and so yummy... I guess the company is owned by a family and they lucked out in getting Sam's to carry their popsicles on trial. I don't know if they are sold anywhere else, but they are worth looking for. Here's info:

Official website: http://www.phillyswirl.com/
Info on SF Philly Swirls: http://www.phillyswirl.com/products/sfstix.cfm ( I think the 'Paradise Punch' flavor tastes like the 'Big Stick' popsicle I used to get at the beach when I was a kid...)
Old 06-22-2005, 10:47 AM   #26  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I ate at Chilis the other night and had the guiltless salmon with double veggies instead of beans (which looked to have a sauce with them -- so I opted out).

Also ate Thai last night. Forgot to ask for no rice but got Beef Pik King -- string beans and beef in curry paste -- little to no sugar, I was assured. The beans are usually tempora but I asked for them sauteed with the beef only. I did miss my Thai Iced Tea though!!

I don't find eating out a problem anymore, on Phase 1 even! I just asked for things grilled and not in butter/oils -- dry rubs instead of sauces or I add my own dressing to things. Works wonders!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:41 PM   #27  

All right, I've already mentioned the very yummy Carb Escapes soy ice cream, made by a company called Turtle Mountain. Way better than the SF ice cream I've had. Found at Kroger's in the organics section.....

Also at Krogers, and this stuff is really great, have had it on salmon, chicken and tilapia---Chef's Harvest "dressing and produce dipping sauce" in Ginger Soy Wasabi. Mmmmmmmmm. I've used it as a marinade, so far--no sugar, 1 g. carbs, all natural, the only thing maybe objectionable is it has carrot in the ingredients. Found by the Marie's and Marzetti's dressings in the packaged lettuce section.

Did I mention the soy ice cream has 10 g. fiber per serving? !!!

Last edited by mamaeli; 06-24-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #28  
gotta lose it!

My DBF bought the SBD cookies tonight. We tried them & ladies....save your money!! Taste wasn't that great & they are hard as a rock. I rather have a peanut butter cup than these cookies! YUCK!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:09 PM   #29  

Soon2bfab: I second that! I bought the oatmeal chip cookies and youcan hammer nails with them and tasteless, YEECH!
And Don't buy the SBD breakfast cereal..very sweet and not that tasty... I shant be buying any other SBD brands....

I try to stay with whole foods, but must admit I made some purchases for DH Atkins diet... The Carb Options brand has some very good condiments..
With 0 fat or 0.5 fat , and no sugar (replaced by splenda)
The BBQ sauce is fab on chix.....
Steak Sauce (just like A1)... the ketchup - can't tell the diff.... and
Asian Teriyaki Marinade... FABU on chick and pork

Sorry, I digress..... Love Longhorns, had a petite filet mignon, extra steamed veggies and a salad... Told them to please no bread (I would have caved!) on the table... I felt deprived of dessert but luckily we have a homemade candy store down the street... We bought huge strawberries dipped in dark chocolate.... ABCDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElicious
Old 06-24-2005, 09:08 PM   #30  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

tonight I tried regular ice cream and I threw it away. So not worth it. Had some spinach and shrimp in garlic and butter (I know) -- HB took me out to dinner. It was going to be Buca Di Beppos but I asked her not to since there is NOTHING basically on the menu that I can eat.

no other finds yet but thanks for all the suggestions! I am going to hit Trader Joes on payday (Tues).
Closed Thread