South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:38 AM   #1  
Happy in Saskatchewan

Arrow Newbie-I found the place for me!!

Hi Ladies!!

My name is Mindy. I've been on th beach for 9 days. I still have the odd day of craving but not as powerful as days 1, 2, and 3. I've been poking around in different threads to find which place will benefit my needs the most.

This looked like the best place for me.

I'm really struggling today with the wanting to throw in the towel but that is only because I've only ever made it to two weeks. I suppose this is one of the reason's I need to be here.

I'm getting my water in and try to excercise 3 times a week. Due to alot of bad weather I am unable to get outside and do my 5 day a week walk. I don't usually let weather get in my way but it very icy as well as a lot of snow. I started my walking program last october and dropped 12.5 pounds. I thought if I could now incorporate the SBD lifestyle I would be seeing better results than either one by itself.

I'm quite new to the whole posting thing. It sure seems like you gals have formed some great friendships. I look forward to getting to know some ladies as well.

Before SBD I lost 12.5 and so far on SBD I have lost 4 pounds

Mindy
Old 03-22-2005, 12:26 PM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Dixierose....Welcome aboard! Be sure and post with us in the daily. There is a great bunch of chicks in here!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #3  

Welcome to the Beach, dixie! Don't throw in the towel! It really does get easier. You have already gotten off to a wonderful start.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:02 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Dixie! You can do this, girl! This is the longest I have ever been on a diet...before SBD, the longest was three weeks! I've been SBD for almost 11 months!

Welcome to our spot of beach. Keep that towel and spread it out with us. We'll get you a cabana boy with a frothy SF drink!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:54 PM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the Beach Dixie, you will love it here. Lots of great advice and great chicks that lend an ear with everything not only with the WOE. Good luck and great loss, keep up the good work.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome Dixie. Do hang in there...it will be worth it in the end. You are already at 9 days, a few more and you are through the very worst part. Once you are into phase 2, you won't feel so deprived.

By the way, what part of Saskatchewan are you in. My daughter lives in Regina right now.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #7  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Ok, I am new too. I am still reading the SBD book and plan to start in a couple days. Please, please tell me that the cravings for the sweets and carbs will eventually go away. I am a sugar/carb addict. I could live on them. I am desperate to lose. I don't know if I can live without the carbs!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:28 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

My weak spot is sugar. I find that, if I indulge, it takes a lot of will power to curb the cravings that start. However, if I make the conscious choice not to eat sugar, I can control the cravings and don't obsess about eating.

Everyone reacts differently, though, but you will probably find that they are reduced. I don't think they every go away, away, but they should be manageable.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Mindy and o2bskinny! Sweet Tooth is absolutely right, once you have sugar again, it really messes you up and start those cravings all over again. I hope you both do well with this new way of eating!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:29 PM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome O2bskinny! Glad you found us!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #11  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Thanks everyone! I guess, like everything, the first couple weeks is the hardest. I was keeping my friends little girl tonight so that she and her hubby could go to dinner for their anniversary. Anyway, she saw my SBD books and said she wanted to do it with me! Yea!!! I will need all the help and support I can get. I just sat here and ate several spoons of cookie dough!!! Oh, I forgot to mention one of the main reasons for wanting to lose the weight....my health. I have High Blood Pressure and high cholesterol. I am only 37. My family has a history of cancer, heart problems, and diabetes. My mother is 68 going on 95. She can't even get out of the house to grocery shop! I don't want to end up like that. IT IS SO HARD THOUGH!!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:36 PM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

o2b...Just ask Barb about how SB can change your BP and Chol. and all that. She should be a poster child for SBD! She has done awesome and really gotten her health back and in control with this WOE! You can do it and havin a friend there with you will be a big help!
Old 03-23-2005, 12:01 AM   #13  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Ok Barb, Bamiegurl says to ask you about how the SBD has helped your health. Please tell me your story. I need it. I want so much to get healthy again.
Kim
Old 03-23-2005, 12:18 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

o2b & dixie...welcome!!! Glad you are here!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Mindy and O2bskinny, welcome!

Mindy, keep up the "struggle", girl! The weather can only get better (God willing), and you'll be able to get out and walk soon!
We're having beautiful weather in Ottawa right now, and the snow is melting rapidly. The sidewalks are clear, and I'm out there pounding them!
Stay with us... you'll make some wonderful relationships here.

O2bskinny, Barb has a success story, and you will, too! You can do this, hon!
Closed Thread