South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:51 PM   #1  

I have a ques..I have been eating Kellogs All Bran extra fibre in the morning, (it was recommended in the cookbook), but sugar is the second ingredient!!(12g fibre, and i think 8g sugar) I really like it in my yogurt in the AM but am a little worried about it. I also think I have been eating too much fats in my diet...i try to stay away from them but sometimes it seems like a choice between sugar or fat low fat cream cheese tastes so good in celery sticks, but I know i must be doing something wrong as my loss is slowed to a C...R...A...W...L, and I am not eating more that 2 high fibre servings of carbs a day. I never skip snacks, i watch portions and make EVERYTHING from scratch. any advice would be helpful as I am about to lose my mind!!!LOL
Old 03-18-2005, 07:48 AM   #2  
Trapped Skinny Person

Victoria

That cereal does sound a little too high in sugar for SBD.

It is probably best to avoid it.

As for sticking to only 2 servings of high fibre foods per day - fibre is good for you! Fibre keeps you full longer - no need to limit to only two servings, beans have fibre too, not just wheat products. Don't go crazy on them, but you can have more.

I would just suggest you try to limit the low fat cream cheese and other "slightly high in fat" foods to one per day or less - the laughing cow light cheese is actually really good on celery - I didn't like it at first or on it's own but on celery it is great.

Just make a couple small changes so that you don't feel like you are missing anything and see what happens.

Best of luck
Kim
Old 03-18-2005, 10:22 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good advice, Bups! Do you have the Good Fats Good Carbs Guide? I checked and the cereal is listed, "All Bran Extra Fiber" but it says that the cereal has 0g of sugar. Not sure what's going on there, but I think Dr. A means a different cereal. All Bran, with 5g of sugar is recommended as "Good" (means you can have it every day). The GFGCG might help you make some decisions on cereal.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:13 PM   #4  

thanks for the advice, and I should clarify, i meant not more that than 2 servings of bread or rice or cereal...and that my servings are high fibre i will look and see if there is a different all bran, maybe there is more than one variety and i have picked up the wrong one? lol ..sounds like something i would do!
Closed Thread