South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #1  
Zen-meister

Default WW and SBD?

Is anyone doing Weight Watchers and SBD? How's it going? Are you doing Core or Flexpoints?

I'm thinking of incorporating WW as I've stalled at 8lbs in Week 4 (lost the 8 in Phase 1).
Old 03-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dragonfly, I am using CORE as well as SBD. There is a section on WW and SBD in the FAQ Section. There really isn't much difference except for the extra points per week. You still have to watch portions and there are no nuts unless you count them as weekly points.
Gee 8 pounds in 4 weeks is good progress. Remember this is a Lifestyle change.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Dragonfly, I'm doing the Flex program with South Beach.
I lost eight pounds during the first month. Unfortunately that was just before Christmas, and I managed to pack most of it back on. But I'm back on track this week, and it's going well.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:52 AM   #4  

I have an agreement with myself. If I get to the point where I am discouraged, I will join WW for additional RL support. So far, so good. But, it is nice to know that it is an option for some of us that would use it to achieve our goals.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I know that Mauvaisroux also does WW and SBD, and there are others, too, I think.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:43 PM   #6  
beachbum

Hi I'm doing the WW & SB plan also.I'm watching my Fat & Fiber as I have a colon problem so I doing an OLD Fat & Fiber Plan form 1996. I use the core recipes also, along with the Sb recipes. Hugs BB
Old 03-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Beach Bum, I loved the Fat and Fibre plan!! My DH and I lost big time on it about ummmm... 10 years ago. (pre- DS, when I gained 80 pounds)
Old 03-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #8  
Zen-meister

What's the Fat & Fiber plan? I was in WW during the Points system beginnings.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:00 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Dragonfly

The Fat & Fiber Plan was:
Rules
1) Limit total fat grams to between 15-35 each day:men & youths can go up to 45 gr.(I go as low as 15-25 grams)

2)Eat at least 20 of fiber per day ( I go up to 35 grams)

3) Men & woman should eat a minimum of 2 servings of diary food daily; youths a minimum of 3

4)Eat at 5 serving of fruits & veggies daily.

5) Go easy on refined sugars & alcholic beverages.(I don't take sugar or alchol)

Hope that helps Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 03-09-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #10  
Zen-meister

Hmm... thanks Beach. I think I could stick to that. Were there any calorie or food restrictions on the Fat & Fiber plan?
Old 03-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #11  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I have been doing the SBD/WW combo for a while but stopped around November 04 when it all fell apart due to buying a house, packing, moving, a trip and then Christmas but I have decided to get back into it since regular WW isn't working that well at the moment.

I found the I felt better on my own SBD/flexpoints program, giving up the refined carbs and sugar really helped.

I had posted 2 threads showing my SBD/WW menus to help out anyone with meal planning. I will be working on some new stuff and will post when I can
Old 03-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Dragonfly: The Fat & FIber Plan from WW uses the U.S Food Labels.1) serving size 2)total fat Grams 3) fiber grams.found on the Nutrition facts.

They also use the WW Food List which its in a booklet that I got from them 10 years ago.But you can get a simular booklet from the supermarkets checkout counter or better yet find a web site that has the fat & fiber content in foods,and either bookmark or print it out.

Hope that helps Hugs BB
Closed Thread