South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #1  
Zen-meister

Default Burger King salads

Okay, I just got a BK grilled shrimp garden salad from Burger King today and I have to say I'm rather impressed. It had nice thick slices of cucumber, grape tomatoes, a couple of those really tiny baby carrots, and real shaved Parmesan cheese.

I don't use dressing, just some lemon juice and salt and pepper. According to the site it only has 200 calories but 10 grams of fat (from shrimp and cheese). It has 12 carbs, but the carbs are from the veggies and stuff, so I think that's okay???
Old 03-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #2  

Chinky that salad sounds good to me. I will have to try it next time I need something that is semi-healthy quick. It is hard for me to go there due to the whopper being there. I used to love that thing.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #3  
Zen-meister

I know what you mean, Chrissy. I actually didn't even consider a sandwich there... I guess I'm a true SBD convert!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #4  

Sounds yummy!
Old 03-09-2005, 02:47 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm glad you're enjoying them. Unfortunately I can't go into Burger King without getting a Whopper w/cheese, so I prefer to keep my distance.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

I have had their grilled chicken salad and it was pretty good. The chicken was not all that but after all it was a FF joint! i'm a whopper jr.w/cheese chickie myself! Be strong lil chickies be strong! lollololol! Glad I'm not goin by there today I would be wantin to stop! (and it wouldn't be for a salad!) lol
Old 03-09-2005, 05:10 PM   #7  
Zen-meister

I'm not a fan of the Whopper and I hate their fries (thank goodness!) My temptation is McD's. I love the Filet-O-Fish (could that be any worse for you?) and w/ it being $1 during Lent it is hard to pass up, but I do!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh man, I love the Whopper. I try making my home burgers as juicy as theirs...but it's a lot more work cutting up all those veggies yourself.

When you get grilled chicken at the FF places, it often has sugar (oy!)...so check the ingredients list if you can.

I think it's in our FAQ, but somewhere in our 3FC forums is a list of Fast food choices that are SBD safe. (you'd think I would know where it is... )
Closed Thread