3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thursday Chit Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/53592-thursday-chit-chat.html)

HunnyBee 02-17-2005 11:12 AM

Hi Gals

Good Morning, Well 2 hard boiled eggs down and starting my Water....It's funny ya'll bring up Purpose Driven life and Church. We started attending the Church my DD goes to for preschool and we love it. Hmmm I think HE is trying to tell me something. :D

RayneysMom--big Hugs and call your sponsor, hon! It will help! ;)

Chipper--Im in the boat with you my betrothed well, is still recovering from the last wife :devil: . I'm starting to wonder how we can squeeze milk out a rock. ((hugs))

Everyone else hang on there and I don't see a cloud in the sky... OOOH Cabana Boy, another Mai Tai Please! :rofl:

Karen 02-17-2005 11:13 AM

Thanks Barb...I'll bring them with me to work tomorrow and post it then...

Bamiegurl 02-17-2005 12:31 PM

Wow y'all have been busy in here this morning! Looks like I am goin to have a steroid injection into my knee joint! (ouch!) He said since the nerve block did not work he wants to try this and if ti relieves the main then we may need to look at scopin the joint! Sounds like more pain to me! I asked if the med I was on for the pain in my shoulder (it's an antidepressant) could be causing weight gain and he said yes even though this company says that it does not. So he said really start watchin because a couple of extra bites could do me in. Brittany seemed to be feeling much better when she got up at 8:45 and hopefully she will stay that way! She has never been a sickly child where Zack on the other hand caught everything that came down the pike!

Kelly.... Lots of hugs and prayers to you sweetie! Men sometimes can be a real peckerwood! I am sure he is adjusting to your new lifestyle as well and if he was your enabler then he is really havin a hard time because he does not know what to do now. Like Laurie said he should really get into a recovery group himself so he will learn and understand what you are goin through with other peeps that are goin through it as well.

To the rest of you lil chicks have a great day! I need to prop my knee up since doc decided he wanted to poke all over it now has major pain in it!

kissyjoy 02-17-2005 12:54 PM

Hi Chicks!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday and will have to make it quick for today!

Went to 2 doc's yesterday. One was the annual joyous exam :p and the other was the dermatologist for my moles. The first appt. went good. The second appt. had the doc a little concerned but said to come back in 3 months so he can see if anything has changed. This was the first time I saw him and couldn't believe it when he walked in. I think he had to be 90 years old. He came in slow and hunched over! I think he may be a little past his prime but as long as he helps keep me healthy, I guess I'll still go to him!

I go in on Saturday AM to see the plans for my cabinets. They came out and measured everything a couple nights ago. They had some really great ideas. I can't wait to see the plans!

Sounds like there's a lot of pain and jerky husbands today! Wisdom teeth, shots in the knee...ugh! I hope everything gets better for all of you! I have a bit of pain myself as I finally did some weights yesterday. My triceps hurt sooooo bad! I'm glad I got it done though!

I have to get going for now! Have a great day!!! :)

1day@atime 02-17-2005 01:52 PM

Hello ladies,
Day 4 of SBD and it's going good. I have learned the key is to have prepared foods on hand.

Barb0522 - thanks for some tips. Looks like we're neighbors. I work in Dallas.

One more question? Wendy's chili, is that a ph1 food?

Barb0522 02-17-2005 01:59 PM

Cool. I work in Plano and live in Richardson. Wendy's chili is fine for phase 1. It is on the list of approved fast foods. I usually get a small chili (no cheese) with a side salad.

Karen 02-17-2005 02:45 PM

Barb...Where is the list of approved fast food items? Is it in the book or the good fats/good carbs guide. I can't seem to find it... :?:

Barb0522 02-17-2005 03:05 PM

Karen - Here is where it was posted http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ast+food+guide It came from the official web site at one point.

Karen 02-17-2005 03:15 PM

Barb...Thank you so much for all your help with this. I really appreciate it... :cool:

beach bum 02-17-2005 03:39 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies:) Just want to let you know I'm still around. I hurt my finger and can't type like I like too. Its going so slow with a couple of fingers working. Going to exercise now, to my WATP's 3 mile tape for 45 mins. Have a nice evening and I see you tomorow morning Hugs :) BB

1day@atime 02-17-2005 06:18 PM

Barb - thanks for the fast food guide. This comes in handy on those days when I just need a break from my food.

Ruthxxx 02-17-2005 06:35 PM

What a noisy bunch of chickies today!

I've been on the go all day and just came in from setting traps in my car for those frassing mice who partied in there again last night and started into the dog biscuits! (Doesn't everyone carry a stash of dog bickies in their car?) Anyhow, it's war!

Harry's trip to the doc went fine and my darling doctor Jack told me I looked great and asked if I'd lost weight! What a doll! He also nearly fell over when I told him I was using a treadmill. After Jane came at noon, I went to town and did some shopping. I need to figure out something better to do on my afternoon off - maybe go for a five hour walk? :lol: A swim class? It'll come to me.

It will be early bed for me again tonight - I am hoping I'm finally on top of this dumb waking at 3 AM habit and going to bed early seems to help for some reason. :shrug:

Play nicely and no sand throwing, OK?