South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 12:32 PM   #1  
I found my hipbones!

Default Laughing Cow Cheese

After over a year of being on SBD, I have finally found that Laughing Cow Cheese stuff! I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw it; I think I was convinced it was just a "Canadian thing." LOL!

Anyway, for folks who might have had trouble finding it in the USA (midwest), I found mine at Kroger's, and I have to say, I wish I had found it before I made do with all those mozz cheese sticks for so long. I spread some on a few stone ground wheat crackers, and it was yummy! Next trip to the grocery store, I think I'll try to find some fruit or veggies to pair it with.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's the marathon post on Laughing Cow Cheese from ages ago. By the way, it's sometimes called "La Vache Qui Rite" in Canada and Europe. Enjoy!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...light=Laughing
Old 03-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #3  
2ndChance

OH MY that Laughing Cow thread is so funny!!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

OMG I forgot all about that thread. I really did have jokes on the inside of my wrappers. DD ate almost all the cheese just so she could read the jokes! I need to get some more and see if they have them on there or not. I can't remember where I bought it I just member I didn't care for it. Thanks for the laugh Ruth!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Moooo! HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 03-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #6  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I love that cheese, don't remember any jokes on the packaging though but then again I never looked.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #7  
i luv my dog!

Yes, that old thread is a real hoot!!

The cheese has a different name depending on which country it is in. In Germany is it called "Lacheln Kau."

This is from the parent company website:
Originating in France, The Laughing Cow® is a truly international cheese, eaten in more than 90 countries on five continents, from North Africa to the USA, from England to Japan, from Africa to Australia. More than ten million portions are consumed each day across the world – around 2,500 portions every 20 seconds!

Reflecting different languages and cultures, The Laughing Cow® has a different name in each country: La vache qui rit® in France, Vesela Krava® in the Czech Republic, Krowka Smieszka® in Poland, La vaca que rié® in Spain, A vaca que ri® in Portugal, Con bo cuoi® in Vietnam, Vessiolaia Bourionka® in Russia, etc.

Last year the US demand was so high (thanks in part to SBD) that the HQ in France had to increase production and send exports for a while to meet the supply needs: http://www.expatica.com/source/site_...ing+Cow+cheese
Old 03-01-2005, 05:09 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I've found it at Giant, Safeway and Shopper's here in the DC metro area -- sometimes it's with the "fancy cheeses" by the deli.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:54 PM   #9  
Zen-meister

That thread is too funny. I've always had the red ribbons on mine. I like the French Onion flavor or the Creamy Garlic & Herb flavor. It has more flavor than the original one. I've seen them everywhere - Ralph's, Vons, etc. They are usually where all the Babybel cheeses or specialty cheeses are. Sometimes they are not in the refrigerated section. I go to a local produce market and the sell Laughing Cow at $2.00 a pop (which isn't bad since I've seen them at $2.99 or $3.99 elsewhere) and the generic brands for $1.79 or so.

I love 'em!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 2"

I buy mine at Sam's Club...they just have the plain one, no flavor added. Maybe one day they'll add that in the store. Kroger has them, but it's cheaper at Sam's Club. The Super Wal-mart has a hard time keeping them in stock.

marathon post I remember that one!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:13 PM   #11  
beachbum

I get my Laughing Cow wedges at Super Stop & Shop and they Have it in bulk at BJ's. Hugs BB
Closed Thread