South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 11:53 AM   #1  

Default Superbowl Party menu suggestions?

Anyone have any great ideas/recipes to share? We're having a small group this year and I'd like to keep it SB friendly. Less temptation that way

So far I was thinking a veggie tray with hummus/dip, turkey chili or taco soup, sf mini cheesecakes. I'd love some ideas. I love to cook and bake. Hmmm..maybe some wrap sandwiches using ww tortillas? or mini sandwiches on ww rolls? hmmm...suggestions would be terrific.

I'll be sticking with club soda for my beverage of the day
Old 02-01-2005, 12:11 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, AZ, great idea for a topic!

We make this great dip for parties that would be easy to SBD-ize.

Simply spread a package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese on the bottom of an oven-safe dish. Then spread a can's worth of chili (use your own so there isn't any sugar or other bad ingredients) on top. Top with red-fat cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and everything is hot. You could serve this with any SBD-friendly bread or with toasted pita wedges. Yum!

The veggies and dip sounds great, as does the chili. How about roasted chickpeas and popcorn cauliflower as snacks? You could also make air-popped popcorn.

I know this sounds weird, but I think a hashbrown casserole made with cauliflower would be really good, too. And what about 3-bean salad?
Old 02-01-2005, 12:12 PM   #3  
gotta lose it!

AZ -great ideas...I'm having a small party also. Here's a few recipes I plan on making....
Cheeseball
1 8oz package of Neufchatel cheese (it's like cream cheese, but 33% less fat) room temp
1 2.5oz package of lean sliced beef diced
Accent spice to taste
Worcestershire sauce to taste
green onion, diced

Mix together, shape into a ball refrigerate until ready to serve....serve with celery sticks (others that are not on the diet can eat it with crackers)

You can also add some sour cream to make it creamy instead of a "ball" also you can add green peppers and nuke in microwave for a "creamy" dip.

I also planned on the cauliflower popcorn (recipe in sb book)
There's also a easy black bean soup on here - very quick & yummy (and filling!)

I was also going to make some stuffed mushrooms with turkey sausage & use an egg to hold it together (instead of bread crumbs)

Enjoy the game - go patriots!! =)
Old 02-01-2005, 12:20 PM   #4  

Default Italian Meatballs & Hot & Sweet Coctail Wieners

I bought a low carb slow cooker cookbook but it is at home. I will log back in tonight and send the nutritioinal info as well, but for now, here are a few that I am doing! They look delicious! .

Italian Cocktail Meatballs
1 16 oz package frozen meatballs thawed,
1/2 cup bottled roasted red and / or yellow sweet peppers cut into 1 inch pieces,
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (I like it hot so I'll double or triple that (hee hee);
1 1/2 cups bottled onion garlic pasta sauce (I found a great low carb sauce at Trader Joes)
COVER AND COOK FOR 4 TO 5 HOURS

Hot and Sweet Cocktail Wieners
1 16 ounce package cocktail wieners or small cooked smoked sausage links
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1/4 cup low - sugar or sugar free orange marmalade or apricot spread
1 to 2 tablespoons chipolte peppers in adobo sauce chopped
COVER AND COOK 4 HOURS

These sound YUMMY!
Old 02-01-2005, 01:11 PM   #5  

Yummmy....I'm getting hungry just reading these posts Thanks!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:10 AM   #6  

I wanted to update and post the Nutritional facts per serving of the Italian Meatballs and the Hot & Sweet Cocktail Wieners:

Cocktail Wieners: (Makes 16 appetizer servings) Per Serving (About 3 Wieners): 105 cal., 8 g. total fat (3 g sat. fat), 20 mg chol., 343 mg sodium, 3 g carb., 0 g fiber, 3 g pro.

Italian Meatballs: (Makes 16 appetizer servings) Per serving: 99 cal., 8g total fat (3 g. sat. fat), 10 mg chol., 322 mg sodium, 4 g carb., 1 g fiber, 4 gram pro.

Hope that helps everyone. If you'd like me to send you the "copy" scanned out fo the book, email me and I'll try to do so tonight from home. :-)

Steph
Closed Thread