South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 06:56 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking T.G.I.F. 2/25

Quick start up this morning! DH is still hangin around! lol I'll be back chicks. Good Morning! Grab a cup and relax!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 02-25-2005 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:05 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, Bamie!
I've got my coffee.

I've figured out what to do with the cabinets I've been painting red. I'm going to paint them the same colour as the walls (yellow/orange) so that they'll blend in instead of fighting for attention with the new, shiny red cabinets we bought.
Yeeks, will this room EVER be finished!

We watched Under the Tuscan Sun last night. It was lovely, and made me want to cook great meals.

I'm off to get the kids up... hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed Friday!
Old 02-25-2005, 07:18 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Ellis! That sounds like a great idea on the cabinets. Sounds like your up and chipper this morning! I am a romance movie junkie no doubt! I have seen that movie several times. (It's on cable right now)

Well looks like I will be going to my Mom's again this weekend. I don't know what was up when startin the thread I capped those stinkin letters 3 times! DD has an interview about Australlia Sat. It's down past Birmingham so it is about 2-2.5 hours away. We just found out lastnight. So DH is takin her. DS is up whinin about his neck still. He does not want to go to school but yet he wants me to take him to get his grades so hopefully his dad will let him play his X-Box Live this w-end! I said no way! So he is in the shower gettin ready for school and wants me to come pick him up early. I said nope! But I will try to get him a doc appt and if they can see him I will pick him up if not he will stay. Mean Mommy! lol Ok I'm off to rustle up DD I have not heard her yet.

Check y'all chicks later. Have a great day all!
Old 02-25-2005, 07:40 AM   #4  
i luv my dog!

Good Morning chickies,

Ellis, that's funny you mentioned that movie - I was just thinking about it a few minutes ago. mmm..Italian food, yum! I've got plans to see "Meet the Fockers" this weekend. I've heard its pretty funny.

I've got to run out and fill up the car today since I'm getting up at the crack of dawn in the morning. Tomorrow I'm meeting friends for a 10k volksmarch (walk) in the historic town of Rothenburg ob der Tauber. (this city was in the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - the place where they don't allow children, or was it toys?) Its going to be cold, but there will be plenty of gluehwein stops along the way. DH has to work, but the dog will be coming along. He loves the long walk, and the finish too, because invariably someone back at the starthall always gives him a bone.

Have a great weekend.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Abroad~~Have fun on your walk

Bamie~~How's your knee this morning??

Ellis~~Good idea on the cabinets. I am loving cooking in my kitchen, haven't been OP because of it, but it's fun. I made some Mediterranean Olive Bread last night that was yummy. We now have running water in the kitchen and we installed the light above the island. Today I'll test the dishwasher drawers.

I have a hair color & cut appt this morning: nothing exciting.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:26 AM   #6  

Good Morning All

Bamie ~ Don't you just LOVE the excuses and plans that our kids make to try to get over on us?? I think it's pretty funny. When my older 2 girls were in their teens, they tried every scam in the book to get their way. And could never figure out how I KNEW that. Beside the fact that they are both TERRIBLE liars, they rarely got away with anything. And they wonder how moms grow eyes in the back of their heads to tune into these things

Ellis ~ You ought to post some pics so that I can check out this kitchen ~ I'm trying to visualize, but having a hard time. Sounds like some upbeat colors you're goin' with.

A Broad ~ I hope the sequel is as good as Meet the Parents. I want to see the movie "Saw". They say it's REALLLLLLY scary. I LOVE scary!!

Well, gotta go get some coffee. Try to wake up. I am SOOOOOOO glad it's Friday. Been a VERY long week.

I'll check back in after a bit.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:28 AM   #7  

Good Morning Sil ~ You were posting at the same time I was ~ have a great day
Old 02-25-2005, 08:37 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Sil...My knee feels pretty good this morning! Thanks for askin. The real test will be when I drive. That is usually when it hurts for sure! That is the only thing I do not like about my van it hurts to drive it! lol

Abroad ...Sounds like you have a fun day planned tomorrow.

Kelly...I have tried to tell my kids that there is nuttin you can do that me or one of my brothers or sisters have not already tried! I know all the tricks of the trade! lol But oh he tries so hard! lol
Old 02-25-2005, 08:45 AM   #9  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Quick drop in for me right now. I'll be back later to catch up on what I missed yesterday.

Not much going on here today, SLEEP!! Baby is not feeling well and was up alllllllll night. We're both going on about 2.5hrs of sleep. SIGH Hoping I can get him some OTC medication when the pharmacy opens up to help him out a bit.

I went sooo off phase for dinner last night, not even funny. Luckily, scale was kind. I wish I would have a whooosh though, i'm stuck at this horrid number for a week now. I think if TOM would come, i might get it. *Crossing fingers*

Have a Great day..Baby is up................................................ .again.....
Old 02-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I have absolutely NOTHING scheduled for this morning but I still woke up at five.

Ellis, good idea on the paint. Otherwise, you'd be pointing out to people that the reds didn't match, even if they didn't notice. Tell, me are you going to take up cooking once the kitchen is perfect?

Bamie, for a Southern Belle you are one tough mommy! Is your DD going to work in Oz or go to school? I may have missed something here. Hope the DS's neck improves. I see that SIL's already asked about your knee. I hope the driving is OK.

SIL, I love olive bread! Did you make it the yeast method or the batter method? I bet your garden is coming to life now - please share!

A Broad, a 10k volksmarch will sure count as your exercise. Dog will love it too - for him it'll be a 10k volkswaggin tail time. Groan! Sorry!

Rayney'sMom, yup and. at 66, I still have eyes in the back of my head. Harry and the Girls can vouch for that.

I'm patting myself on the back today because I did NOT spend any money on my afternoon off yesterday! I drove around the township visiting the schools and dropping off stuff with a break for lunch at The Club. My friend Linda who is the owner had the cook make me a burger on a whole wheat roll and she and I had a good visit. When I got home, Jane was making tea for Harry so I took a cup and went upstairs until she left at 4. I realized I had all the stuff for Harry's taxes, made a few amount changes in my Excel program and did his taxes in 35 minutes! I'm so pleased. Last year I was still farting around with taxes at the end of April and didn't mail in mine until August. I can't start mine because I'm still waiting for a few slips!

This morning I may start cleaning up my plant growing area in the cellar. I have grow lights on 3-level stand and have no excuse to not start some seeds. I particularly want to get rosemary going. Every year I end up buying plants for the garden and forgetting to bring them in come fall! Rosemary is NOT winter hardy around her, darn it! I'll start some basil and salad greens too for eating while I wait for spring to happen. We'll be firing up Lorraine's greenhouses in a few weeks. Yippee!

Hey, nearly nine and I've not checked the Journals, my mail or my garden website. Time to do that and then get back to real life!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:47 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Amber. We were psoting together. How are the teeth - or rather the non-teeth?
Old 02-25-2005, 08:57 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth..DD has been invited to go play soccer there with the People to People Sports Ambassador program. But you have to go through interviews and stuff to be accepted as a participant. Tomorrow is her first interview. Pretty exciting for a 13 year old I think. Only bad thing is no parents can go with them! I was hopin to get to go as well to the land down under! Sounds like you are gonna be gettin down and dirty today! lol Have fun! Only tough sometimes I'm usually a push over! lol It's only when it comes to stayin home botherin me durin my quiet time! lol
Old 02-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #13  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Morning Ruth..non teeth are doing ok. I still have pain but not near as bad as it was. This whole experience..ugh!! LOL I was sooo very ill for the first 2days it's not even funny. Now, a week later, things are much better. Thanks for asking.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:08 AM   #14  

Morning, gals! I finally got to the gym yesterday and it sure felt good. Pilates class and a half hour of elliptical and I'm feeling great. They don't have any classes on Friday night but I'm going to stop and probably do the stationary bike and weight machines tonight if I don't get stuck at work too late.

I'm working much of tonight and then am off for Cub Scout tree planting at 7:30 tomorrow morning. Then I don't work again until Sunday at 4AM. I expect it will be an exhausting weekend but I'll do my best to grab sleep when I can.

Tonight is Shrimp Creole with rice and shredded cabbage. Hubby will eat lots of rice and no cabbage. I'll eat it with lots of cabbage and a little rice. It is such a fast, easy meal to make so it is good after a workout.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

How is everyone? I'm doing pretty good. I need to get my hair colored, nails and toenails done and go to the tanner and I only have enough money for one. or maybe two. Darn that Dave Ramsey. So it will probably be the hair and the finger nails. DM reminds me that she has done her own nails and toenails for 63 years. The Great Food and Wine Symposium to benefit PBS is tonight and I'm very excited. I happen to be a huge fan of PBS. I was going with two friends but one of my friends has a court case in Toledo so she can't make it back to West Michigan in time to go, but DM said she would go. We are getting a ride downtown and then will take a cab back. They have over 250 wines to try so I'm not driving I love these events because you can break out of the box and try different stuff without buying the whole bottle. They also have an auction (that I'm not in charge of) so I may actually get to bid on stuff.

Bami - I'm not sure about the no parent thing. Maybe you should make a rukus and get to be the chaparone for the whole group.

Ellis - I would like to live there. Under the Tuscan Sun. Sounds dreamy and you sound wonderful this am.

A Broad - That walk sounds charming. Germany is on my places that I want to visit. Someday!

Ruth - The X and I had to go get our taxes done together on Wed evening. That was an experience. What made it worse is that my car was in shop and I had to ride with him. It was 15 minutes of remembering why I got divorced in the first place.

Sil, Raneysmom, amber-

One of the Hospitals here is preparing to go on strike so that makes me very busy today. I'm probably not going to be able to check back in so everyone have a great day!

Last edited by anchor weight; 02-25-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Closed Thread