South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #1  

Talking Plain No Sugar Silk Soymilk

I was devestated to find out my Silk Vanilla soy milk had added sugar and was a no no. I use it in my tea and love it. So today I went and got the Silk plain no sugar soymilk and was very concerned I would hate it. I ended up liking it and could barely tell the difference. Just wanted to share in case anyone else was in the same situation as me!!

Kimberly
Old 07-13-2005, 01:26 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Kimberly, I drink Westsoy's Unsweetened Soymilk. It has no added sugar or artificial sweeteners and comes in original, chocolate, vanilla and almond flavors ... the last three listed are new items that I recently found. Thanks for posting about the Silk brand ... I didn't know they had a no sugar variety ... will check it out!

It's true that so many soymilks have added sugar ... sometimes they call it evaporated cane juice but its sugar.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:13 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks for sharing that, Kimberly! I've just found out I'm lactose intolerant... I'll pick some of that up!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:09 AM   #4  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I've tried Westsoy and it's OK, but Soy Slender is my favorite. It has 5g carbs with 4 of them being fiber plus it's so good I can drink it straight out the cartoon...and I normally don't like the taste of soymilk. I'd buy Westsoy if it was on sale, though since its good for milkshakes and smoothies. Use soymilk instead of reg milk in the milkshake recipe...you won't even taste a difference and its' healthier IMO.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:40 AM   #5  
Kyemom

Is there a limit on the soy milk per day like there is on soybeans??
Old 07-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #6  

Hi I am not sure about the limit but I use a little in my iced green tea or yerba iced matte and its yummy.

Amarantha- Yes, that is what my old soymilk said evaporated cane sugar. Silk had a ton of different ones but this actually said no sugar and no evaporated cane sugar so I picked it up.

I am just happy I found something almost as good when I had to trade in my Vanilla Soy Milk!!

Kimberly
Closed Thread