South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 11:13 AM   #1  
Darrell's Girl

Default Need a kickstart

Hi, Everyone!

I am so upset with myself. I was doing so well and then right around Christmas I stopped going to the weight room. I'm still for the most part on program, but have strayed a bit. My sister-in-law was my workout partner and her hours changed. She wanted to start going to the weight room at 10 at night. I can't do that and then get a decent night's sleep for work the next day. But at the same time, I didn't want to go alone. The windows are floor to ceiling and people can see in but I can't see out at night. I don't want anyone to know I'm there alone, you know? Even though you need a key to get in the building, it kind of scares me. I'm not a morning person, so there is no way I can get up earlier to go in the morning. I'd rather have a root canal.

So today I got on the scale and haven't gained any weight, but haven't lost any, either. I made the commitment to myself to get back on track and today I am going to the weight room.

I guess I just need to know that others have been in the same boat. It also helps for me to write it here...kind of my way of becoming accountable to others.

I love this board and really love all the support ya'll give and receive here. I love being your cheerleader, too, so I'm sorry that I have not been around much to cheer you on. <don black and gold spider cheerleader outfit here>

hehehehehe

Love you guys!
Aileen
Old 01-16-2005, 05:21 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineTubaMom
Hi, Everyone!
I guess I just need to know that others have been in the same boat. It also helps for me to write it here...kind of my way of becoming accountable to others.

Aileen
The nice thing about SBD is you can always just pick up where you are. This is my third restart because I don't always pay attention.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Aileen, I'm sorry about the weight room problem. That's a real drag.
Is your weight room at work? Can you fit anything into your lunch hour? I know how unpleasant that sounds.
Here in Ottawa (particularly during the summer), you can see all of the fit people running/walking/skating along the canal during their lunch hours. It's very inspiring to see them. They are the "winners" in life. They're not sitting in some restaurant or cafeteria, scarfing down some high fat/carb meal. They're putting their health first!
We all need to give ourselves a little kick to get off our duffs. That's why we're here.
This sounds ugly, but you know that if you really want to, you can fit some exercise into your day somewhere. I know you can do this, sweetie. We're here for you.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:26 AM   #4  

Aileen, it sounds to me like your real concern may be with security rather than someone seeing you exercise. Is that so? Is there a worker or security guard or someone who could walk you to your car? We can ask a guard to walk us to our car if we work late at night and feel uncomfortable.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #5  

Aileen,

How it it going today? Keep drinking your water and remember to plan your meals.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:43 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Aileen, I'm rooting for you! Ellis is right, if you want to, you can work through this stuff. Don't let it get you down, girl! I need to get to the gym too. I have no earthly reason not to go, but I keep making excuses. Let's both get off our duffs and do this for us!
Old 01-23-2005, 11:36 AM   #7  
Darrell's Girl

Hey All! I'm sorry I haven't been able to post... hubby has consumed all of my available computer time with his dumb game that he plays online

You are right, Barb, it is more of a security issue than anything. I walk to and from the weight room and feel secure, but it is just the thought of being alone where people can see me, but I can't see them. But Ellis is so right. I need to put all that aside and just get off my butt and get moving. I'm not doing myself any good by sitting around worrying about it. I couldn't go last week because I was working myself to death, but today is Sunday, the first day of the week, and I'm done feeling sorry for myself and making excuses. If I don't feel secure going to the weight room, well, helloooooo, I only have an entire shelf of workout videos of everyone from Richard Simmons to Susan Powter. I guess the bottom line is, I HAVE NO EXCUSE.

I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping in a little bit, and I sat down last night with my SBD book and cookbook and made up a great list. I'm going to clean out my kitchen of anything non-SBD friendly before I go, and that includes wiping out the fridge and making it all sparkly (I do that each week before shopping anyway - helps to do it when the fridge is empty...lol).

I've maintained drinking a lot of water, but am going to increase it back to where I was (100-120 oz a day) starting today.

This is the only plan I have ever been on that has worked for me and made me feel great. I am the only one who is going to lose this weight for me. I can't stop now. I've lost 18 pounds and am not going to gain it back. I'm committing right here, right now, to getting back on track and I'm not going to beat myself up for past mistakes and past failures.

THANK YOU so much for being here for me, and for everyone else. THANK YOU for cheering me on. I look forward to posting my new weight loss results!

Cheering YOU on!!!!

I love you guys!
Old 01-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #8  

Hi Aileen, Workout videos sound like a great idea until your sil's hours change back or you find another workout partner. Have you tried finding another workout partner in your building? Or better still, a group of people so there is always someone around? Others using that weight room must be feeling the same vulnerability as you.

I've been doing Kathy Smith's Lift Weights to Lose Weight video. You'd need 2 sets of weights - a light and a heavy - but the workouts are divided so I do a 20-minute upper body one day and a 20-minute lower body the next. It's more manageable to me than the 59 minute Firm videos at this stage.

Best of luck with your new focus. You've inspired me to clean out my fridge lol!
Old 01-23-2005, 05:55 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Aileen, good for you, girl!! You've got your "attitude" back!!
Closed Thread