South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 04:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default December 24 - Chat on The Beach

Good very early morning!

Yesterday was a disastrous day aside from the weather but I'll spare you the details. See my journal if you really want to know.

I'm up early in hope that I can get those darn goodie baskets made; otherwise, I'll be giving rain cheques! We are iced in so I'll be home doing party prep all day. I certainly hope to get out to Church tonught but it's a skating rink out there.

I'll pop in later. Have a coffee and sit and admire my tree which is finally decorated!
Old 12-24-2004, 05:39 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, you had the day from **** yesterday! Skip church! I like you best alive!!

Just getting coffee... back shortly...
Old 12-24-2004, 08:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

The day is improving. I've decided to give rain cheques for the foodie baskets. I'm sure my friends would rather have a Relaxed Ruthie tonight than a basket of treats!
I'm going to take a bath, wash my hair and think of what's left to do now that I've made a good start on the party food.
Pop in and say Hi if you have a minute!
:merry:
Old 12-24-2004, 09:00 AM   #4  

It's awful damned quiet in here!
Good plan on the rain checks, Ruth!
I fell asleep on the chaise longue after getting up at 5. I've got a crick in my neck.
I suppose everyone is baking and cooking and cleaning. I suppose I should do the same.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:27 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Sure is quiet. I have my party stuff all prepped and am now going to do the bath and hair routine. After that, let's open up a bottle of wine. To **** with the rest of the decorating!
Old 12-24-2004, 11:58 AM   #6  

Yeah, nobody here but us mods.
The kids are making cookies.
I've got a bunch of food prepared. Just making a second dish of crab dip. Had to crack open a bottle of wine for it, so I'll join you in front of the fire with my glass, Ruth.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:31 PM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi beach chicks!

I'm here! I had to go to the chiropractor this morning for the crick in my neck. Then to the grocery store - there were no carts they were so busy - and now finally home for the party.

So far so good I just had a big taco salad for lunch and I made a big salad at the grocery store for later. Ham smells good. I haven't cracked open the wino yet but I will shortly and join you gals by fire. I had nuts for dinner last night. and wine. I don't know how anyone is supposed to start a wine collection when you drink it all

don't tell anyone but today is the 11th anniversary of 29th birthday! DS gave me a one of those soak your feet, massage, pedicure spa things and my parents gave me earrings! My birthday gift to myself is to stay OP with food today. It will be hard because I love my moms augratin potatoes but I'm learning the fine art of delayed gratification. I look good and I feel good when I don't stuff myself and eat sugar.

Have a great holiday everyone! No matter what your holiday is!
Old 12-24-2004, 12:52 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Whew! Saved! Amy's here and it's her
BIRTHDAY!
Open up the wine, Ellis, so we can toast this lady!
Delayed gratification? Well, at her young age, maybe but for me.....

Have a lovely day!
Old 12-24-2004, 01:19 PM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Happy Birthday, Amy! I've been celebrating my 29th birthday for 14 years now.

Ellis - enjoy those cookies, (but not too many)

Ruth - you did have a horrid day yesterday. Rest and relax today!

I'm sitting here in my office feeling thoroughly spoiled. I have a beautiful Christmas flower arrangement, bottles of wine, boxes of chocolate and cookies,(which will be channelled to the staff room), assortments of coffee, bath products and other assorted goodies piled on my desk. I have a great staff. Two of my favourite residents passed away last night - always seem to be a lot of deaths in care facilities at Christmastime.

I wish each of you a warm and wonderful Christmas, and precious time with those you love.

Karen
Old 12-24-2004, 01:24 PM   #10  

I'm here too! I had to pop in to record my exercise and see how everyone is doing. Then it is off to the grocery store to get the fresh vegetables for dinner tonight. And maybe get my hair cut.

We let my son open one present this morning. It was his digital camera. This way he has a chance to learn how to use it before people get here. It is a cheap one (good quality pictures but no flash) so this way he can get pictures outside while the sun is shining on the last of the snow.

Happy birthday, Anchor! I'll be turning 42 in a couple of weeks but I feel so much younger now that I am lighter. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Old 12-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Afternoon my lil chickadees! I was tryin to peck in earlier but DH started hollerin let's go so off I went! Beat the crowd! Got home and I hear this pissssin sound comin from my front tire soooo.... call Wally World 4 hour wait! OMG! So bein the smart thinker (big haha here) that I am I call Sam's Club where there is really no wait and get this they replaced the valve stem and it was FREE! Yes Freebie cause I am a member. I knew if you bought your tires there it was but if you are a member it is as well. DH was complainin because I had to renew my membership while I was there but after no charge he didn't seem to mind anymore! Now I am in (hopefully) for the day. DS has made a fire and I am goin to wrap the gifts I bought today. Seems my lil Ficus tree will be the only tree we have this year! teehee The kids love it! Hopefully I can find one after Christmas pretty cheap. Well I'm off to make up a poem for my MIL about all the things on her list that she is not gettin! Just a lil silly thing because she sent DD a big ol list of outrageous stuff after DD kept on Grandma I want I want I want.

Ruth... Take it easy dear with the wine I wouldn't want you to fall into the stove! teehee

Ellis... Will you share your crab dip? I need a snack! heehee

Anchor... Happy Birthday to You Happy Birthday to You Happy Birthday Dear Anchor Happy Birthday to You! Now is DS gonna do your feet for you?

Merrylegs... Sorry for your loss. I know that must be hard on caregivers like you! Sounds like you have lots of goodies around! MMMMMMM

Barb... We have always let the kids open one gift on Christmas Eve night but there are none this year since they both wanted cash only!

Ok Chickies I'm out! I hope you all have a Richley Blessed Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2004, 04:48 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiegurl
I wouldn't want you to fall into the stove! teehee
Oh, Bamie.
Can we hear the poem when you've got time? You're so talented, darling.

Barb, don't tell me you exercised on Christmas Eve!?!? That would be real dedication!

Karen, it must be so difficult losing some of the residents. (although I'm sure they're not all favourites. snicker) You're a very special person to be able to do such a job.

Amy, Happy Birthday!! I hope you're having a wonderful day, girl!!

Ruth, I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a freakin' nap. I was wondering why I kept going to the bathroom for little reason. Then I realized it was because it was the only excuse I had to sit down.
I think I'm just about finished for the day. Maybe I'll set the alarm and put my feet up for a few minutes...
Old 12-24-2004, 05:27 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

All I have left to do is throw the veggies onto the platter with the hummus and tiddle myself up for Church. Bob brought over his darn Stilton and my whole house smells like poop! I think they cure it in a manure pile or is that some other cheese? We have 72 red wine glasses (mine), 36 champagne glasses and 18 port glasses put out. Do you think we'll have enough? Beer drinkers can use the bottle!

Poor Harry is going to have a Michelina pasta for dinner but I'm waiting until after Church for hummus and veggies, shrimp and some of my pinwheel experiment which I made with lf cream cheese and feta, sliced olives and red pepper rolled into a ww and flax tortilla. I hope to heck they cut allright!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight! I'm outta here.

:merry:
Old 12-24-2004, 08:30 PM   #14  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

That roll sounds yummy, but how much wine did you drink before you tried to roll it? I am ready to hit the wine but my ds has it in his car and he isn't home yet.

Amy, and on the 29th.

Ellis, I have been thinking of you and your family as I am able to celebrate that my dad is here with us this Christmas I also say a prayer for all those families who have lost a loved one this year. May the peace and joy that is the Reason for the Season be in your household this Christmas. And thank you to you and Ruth for the prayers shared for others on the board.

I have spent the last two days in tears a lot of the time. Not only the joy of having my dad with us this holiday but yesterday someone gave my son and dil (the ones who had their home wrecked and are living with me and dh) a double wide mobile home. All they have to do is haul it off the property to a new site which is ready. I was shocked when I saw the condition of the home, I truly expected it to be trashed or something but it only needs new carpet but it is solid and in really good condition inside and out. What a blessing for them (and us.)

My niece and her fiancee brought fresh crab for dip. She gave us specific instructions to stay out of it, they also brought some in the shell for the rest of us but we have to crack our own, she is so mean. My dad also makes a really good hot crab and artichoke dip.

Barb, no wonder you have done so well, you exercised today too. Good job.

Merrylegs, my brother used to work in a care facility and he said the same thing about the holidays. I am glad they have caring people like yourself to take care of them in their last days.

Bamie, how great that you got the tire fixed for no charge. I guess I will have to join Sam's Club if they ever come to town. Nothing happens much locally as far as stores in our area and they wonder why we all go out of town to shop!

Off to clean up a few things and get ready for tomorrow. Love you all and have a very :merry:
Old 12-24-2004, 09:07 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all! Well, evening!

I've been busy, but not bust enough to set some goals! Feels good to get them on "paper" or at least in my journal.

I was getting depressed for a bit - this changing of the lifestyle gives one too many emotional ups and downs!!!

But I am here, again, to stay Hope you all have a great Christmas/Boxing Day!!! Hugs to all.
Closed Thread