South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 10:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/242/130

Height: 5'3"

Default new chick

Hi all!
I'm new to the site, and a Beach beginner. Actually, I did it once before, but quit d/t a lot of belly aches, but since nothing else has worked, I'm back, with just a little less raw veggies 6 days into phase one, and no problems, and down 5 pounds, plus 8 down attempting the Zone before restarting SB, so Yeah!
About me : a busy nurse, student, wife, and above all mom, dieting with family in tow toward a healthier, happier life (even if it is without sleep )
Now, if someone could just come to my house, slap me around, and make me exercise, life would be perfect.
Hope to talk to ya all some more,
Kat
Old 09-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #2  
Peanut's Mom

Welcome to the Beach, Nursekat! I think you've found a great place for support and advice!

Sounds like you've got a very busy life, so I'm not gonna slap you around (yet), but I would encourage you to try to sneak in a tiny bit of exercise. It has greatly contributed to the success of my Beach experience. Every little bit helps!

Good luck! Have a great day at the Beach!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:23 AM   #3  

Welcome, Kat! Hope you stick around, these boards are a fount of info! They have helped me, and everyone is very friendly!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:36 AM   #4  

Welcome Kat!

Remember that even house cleaning is SOME exercise, and you can always jazz it up by squatting all the way down to pick something up instead of just bending over. Little adjustments like that can turn ordinary house cleaning into bun-shaping good times!

I, myself am on day 5 of phase 1. It's been going well, although the roughage was a shock to my tummy as well - but I'm getting used to it.

Stay with it. You know it works!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:45 AM   #5  

Welcome, Kat! Don't worry too much about exercise in phase 1 if you are still feeling a lack of energy that sometimes comes with phase 1. When you get your energy back (sometimes week 2 of phase 1 and sometimes phase 2), then you can add in exercise. I've involved my son in the exercise and that helps. He rides his bike or scooter while I walk or ride my bike.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:05 AM   #6  

Hi Kat! I am in my 8th week of the plan and I also have some stomach upset. I am hoping that my body will adjust to the changes I've made and that it will eventually go away. I think I used to rely on bread and crackers to "settle" my tummy when it felt acidic before. I've always had a sensitive stomach, so I am not sure how much it's the diet, or just me. I agree with Barbara about the exercise. I didn't even think about it until phase 1 was over.

Anyhow (ramble, ramble, ramble) welcome aboard!!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:06 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Nursekat! Welcome to the sand! sounds like you are off to a great start! Well does your building have stairs? If you don't already try using them when you can. That is a great place to start. I know since we moved to our new house the few steps I do have are really helping me. I'm on exercise restriction right now so every little bit helps me. And oh yes the body can be very defiant when it comes to healthy eating at first! haha

CurlieQinOK welcome to you as well. I did not see where you posted. You should make a seperate post so we can (properly) welcome you sa well!
Old 09-30-2004, 03:05 PM   #8  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Welcome and good luck! I need to start exercissing more as well! Maybe we should start up a thread here for an exercise challenge?

Lauren
Old 09-30-2004, 04:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/242/130

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Thanks so muuch for the warm welcome, I feel at home already!
We're planning on getting a treadmill when I get my student loan check, which is soon, so I'll have no excuses then!
Old 09-30-2004, 04:31 PM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome to the beach, Kat. The advice that the others gave is great...you can do this, but remember to take little steps at a time.

I also experienced the stomach aches when I first started. I discovered that it was from constipation. You may want to just check that.

You have done awesome up to now. Keep it up.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:18 PM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi nurse kat,

Welcome! Sometimes I get a tummy ache from gas from all the veggies. I use a little beano and it helps keep the pressure down. Good Luck!
Old 09-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursekat
Now, if someone could just come to my house, slap me around, and make me exercise, life would be perfect.
I'm with you there, Kat! Welcome!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:38 PM   #13  
Slowly Changing My Life..

S/C/G: 250/239.8/145

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome! Great to have you with us!

~P
Old 10-01-2004, 01:53 AM   #14  

Hello and welcome nursekat!
Closed Thread