South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  

Default Weekend at the Beach

Good morning, everyone! It's still dark here and nicely cool. I'm actually wearing my new clothes today and it feels great. This morning Brian and I are heading to Home Depot with the other cubs for their Kid Build. It should be fun and help him towards some of his achievements and electives. Later it will be back out to sell more popcorn. He is having a great time going door to door selling and can win some great prizes.

Well, I'm off to make a grocery list and plan what to make for the party I am going to tomorrow. I'm thinking lasagna (half meat, half veggie), veggies and spinach dip, and the muffins. That way I will have lots of stuff to eat and will have to worry about portions more than what I eat.

Karen - I don't know if you have registered for the Komen race yet but I wanted to make sure you knew that I still need to find out if I can get off work for it. We have a DRA drill planned that morning and I don't know yet if I am working. I'll ask on Monday.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My bath is running - Summer Gardenia this morning - but I'm doing a quick post as it fills.

This morning I am going to bake for next weekend's bake sale at The Mill. My pineapple cakes freeze beautifully and it will be great to have them done ahead, especially if Hershey has pups as scheduled. Morna says the 11th but I say the 9th! We will see who is right.

It's sort of gray out there today so there will be no walk if it starts to rain. I know walking in the rain is supposed to be romantic but it loses something when it's you and a dog! My knee is certainly on the mend: I can now get in and out of the car and go up steps like a normal person, Yippee!

Gotta go before the tub overflows!
Old 10-02-2004, 09:01 AM   #3  

Ruth, I am glad to hear your knee is feeling better. You and Barbara have inspired me to do some cooking and/or baking today. I am going to make a Garden Vegetable Soup (WW recipe). I am still sick so I have not been eating much and exercise is the very last thing I feel like doing. Actually, I thought I had a 24 hour bug at first, because I felt better the very next day, but then I felt even worse the day after. Yuck. I think my boyfriend wants to run away from home because I am being crabby. Maybe he'll run away to the grocery store and bring me back stuff to make my soup so I don't have to go out.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:15 AM   #4  
RNMOM

Default morning

Good morning ladies. I realized I didn't get into the October challenge. Is it too late? If not, I'm shooting for 6 lbs.

Early, busy morning in the ER. Couldn't fall asleep last night, I hate that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:19 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

I'll put you in, RNMOM. Of course you're not too late! I hope you can get some rest over the weekend.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:35 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Well a quick pop in. DD has a soccer game at 9. Her and DH have already left and I just looked at the clock. He has to ref a game after hers so we are driving seperate. Which we seem to always do anyway. Ruth my knee hurts enough for 2 so I'm glad yours is feeling better. I told DH if he didn't see me there not to worry I was just home in pain! haha Not much goin on here today I have talked DH into helping me clean this livingroom floor! I have mopped it about 10 times (no lie) and it is still dirty!!!!!!!!! I don't get it. As you all know mopping is very hard on your knees and back and since it is about 600 sq. ft. I thought I would call in reinforcements! haha I always wanted hardwood floors now I keep asking myself what were you thinking? teehee I feel much better today than yesterday emotionally! Glad yesterday is gone! It looks like another pretty day in the south! I think I am goin to drink coffee on the deck and prop up my knee because it is throbbing with pain right now. I know Brittany will forgive her dear mother for not making it! Have a good day all! I'll try to peck back in later.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:44 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Bamie, put cold on that knee! Just grab a package of frozen peas or corn and plop it on! Cold is the best thing for inflammation. Have a pretty day and try to ignore the housework.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:16 AM   #8  

Good morning!

A lovely Saturday morning here in the DFW area. It is nice and cool, I have the windows open to air out the house.

We have just completed the first 9 weeks of school. WHEW!! Our school district has a fall break- so we are off next week. I am looking forward to cleaning, exercising, and overal "regrouping". My girlfriend and I decided that we are going to start a family tradition of camping, so we are taking our kids for an overnight camping trip on Sunday. We figured we would start close and only one night, then we can build up to more next year. DH is saying that he can't go b/c of work. HA! He WILL be camoing with us!

Barb I have not registered yet, but will wait to hear from you on Monday.

I am going to go skim some posts from this past week, as I haven't been around since Tuesday.

Have a super weekend!
Old 10-02-2004, 10:54 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Kiko... we are starting our fall break as well. Do y'all get one week or two. We get two here. Have fun camping!
Ruth... you are so right about the ice! I did have a gel type icepack to use until DS snuck it out and put a hole in it while cooling off after mowing the grass! Kids ya gotta love 'em! (don't ya? haha) I need to get me another one asap! Thanks for your concern you are soooo sweet!
RNMOM.. I hope the day is not toooo busy. Sat. in an ER I know be for real! haha
Kryss... Happy cooking to you! I get in moods and right now I am in a cooking mood! Problem is... my kids don't want to eat anything I cook! Lastnight is the first night I have not cooked because I had to take DS to meet his dad which is an hour both ways and he was late. Not the norm for him said traffic was really bad. HUM... Well lastnight DH asked DD what she ate and she said cheese casadia (sp?) for the third time this week! I piped in very quickly and said don't blame anybody but yourself because I have cooked every night this week! Hello! I gave her a big 'ol cup of shut-up juice quick! teehee! Besides the fact there is other stuff in there she could have fixed herself she was just to lazy to do it. I no longer will fix 3 or 4 meals they are 13 and almost 15 now if they don't like it they can fix their own.
Barb... I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes! I'm so excited for you! Especially since they will see you eating away not knowing that your losing away with your OP foods you are bringing!
Have a great day all!
Old 10-02-2004, 11:56 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chickies,

I'm in the final days of my Phase I - I weigh in on Monday morning. I'm a little worried since TOM shows up next week but hopefully the weigh in comes before the big bloat!!! This will be the hardest week for me because this is when I super crave sugars. I'm having exercise avoidance issues. I haven't been able to motivate myself to exercise. I'll have to get with it!!!

DS is with his dad this weekend and I think I finally got caught up on sleep. I slept until 11am. I haven't done that since before DS was born. It has been such a busy week and I really have been riding a power broom around the school. The students (most of whom are young adults or older) were all cold on Thursday and I walked in at noon and it was like a sauna in there!!!! I turned on the air - just to clear the stuffiness and they went into fits. Me on my broom said - get over it. Me without my broom would have explained that I would shut it off in a couple of minutes. Oh well.

Has anyone tried the low carb cappachino's (sp)? I looked at one in the health food store yesterday and it said 3grams of sugar but no sugar alcohols. The small V8's recommended by SBD during phase I have 5 grams of sugar. Any thoughts from the pro's? I miss my starbucks frappachinos and would like to find a low carb alternative.

It is getting soooo chilly here at night! Love it - sunny during the day and 30's - 40's at night. I dug out my flannel sheets - love them! I even went so far as to dig out my down comforter. This is one of my favorite times of the year!!!!

Have a great beach day!
Old 10-02-2004, 03:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 252/242/130

Height: 5'3"

I've never heard from a pro, but what I do at Starbucks is order a latte with skim milk and sugar free vanilla syrup --- just as yummy as a capp.
Kat
Old 10-03-2004, 09:49 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Chickies!!!!!!!!! I have a pretty busy day my sister is coming to bring my 2 lil nieces that are 3 and 5 and are going to stay with their favorite Aunt for a few days. I am off to Wal-Mart to get some things for them this morning. I'm so excited!!!!!!! I can't wait for them to see my new house because we have a jungle gym now! We also have a puppy now who is growing at a rapid pace and looks more like a dog but acts like a pup. He is a lab mix. Our other house had no trees since it was a new sub. so it was always hot and boring for the girls to go outside. You can only draw on the driveway so many times! DH is putting out ears of corn for the squirrels so I'm sure they will find that exciting as well. I did get their room fixed up yesterday. I put DS t.v. and vcr in there since he is gone to his dad's for the week. I just hope they sleep in there without me. I usually wind up in the middle because they fight over me! It feels good to be loved as i know one day they will be teens like my own aliens and will be to cool to fuss over dear ol Aunt Kellie! Well I have to get goin. I mentioned wanting corn stalks and hay for out front so DH wants to go right now! I don't have time and if I did he would not be trying to go! I'll get the pumpkins Tues. when I take the girls to the pumpkin patch! Well I am goin know I hope you all have a great day today I know I will!
Old 10-03-2004, 10:00 AM   #13  

Good Morning!

Peggy I am thinking of you!!!

Doing some last minute things for our camping trip. Dd is very excited, although doesn't quite "get" what we are going to be doing. SHould be a good time, comical if nothing else. My girlfriend and I practiced putting up the tent last night, so I think we are good to go!

I am not going to worry about being OP as we will be gone for two meals. I am going to grocery shop and get cracking when we get back. I have gained back 4-5 pounds over the course of the last few months, so my October goal is to get back into the 150s. (I weighed at my mom's yesterday, so my weight sig is my official weight.)

"See" you all tomorrow night!
Old 10-03-2004, 10:42 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Sunday Morning chicks. Did not get back here on Sat I was off running errands after dance class. Then had to get the girls to a birthday party. Then we went to a girlfriends house for a bonfire and a few drinks was home and in bed by 11:00. I am just doing some cleaning ( well I should be as I am home alone.) and laundry as well as thinking about doing some baking for the week ahead. Tommorrow is get the *** back on track day. Other than that life is boring. Well I must go and change the laundry over I will come back a little later.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:42 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Hi all! Hershey and I went to Church this morning and then hung out a bit with Sarah who came to do two hours of gardening. I weakened and went to the Long Horn for lunch - fries - ! The devil made me do it. This is Hersh's last afternoon with us before she goes to Morna's for her "confinement" so we are going to have an afternoon nap together. She's soaking up all the petting she can get because, at Morna's, she'll have to share with seven other dogs!

After our nap, I'll do the pre-Gail tidying to ease the pain a bit tomorrow morning. I may throw in a load or two of laundry to get a head start on the week.

Have a great Sunday afternoon!
Closed Thread