South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 07:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - September 29

Good morning, Chickies. The coffee is on the perk and I do have Canadian bacon and lots of farm fresh eggs. There's a lovely clear sunrise in progress so we can sit on the deck as long as you dress warmly. Our days are warm but the mornings are getting very cool.

I went off plan last night with wings at the local so don't put up with my whining if I don't meet my September weightloss goal. Water and strict SBD eating are the plan for today. I try for a night off once a week where we either eat out or have something from my freezer stash. It used to be Thursdays but I've got rehearsals that night so Tuesday may be the new holiday.

Not much on the agenda today aside from lugging the dump stuff out to the road. Hersh has a photo shoot for the TheraPaws calendar at 6 but that'll be a quickie. We are doing a 2005 calendar as a fund raiser.

What's happening under your beach umbrella?
Old 09-29-2004, 07:12 AM   #2  

Good morning, Ruth! I was just comtemplating making some eggs for breakfast myself. It's raining here in Salem, Massachusetts. Maybe the rain will remind me to drink all my water today.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Kryss. That's witch territory! Are you a witch?
Old 09-29-2004, 07:16 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh... Hershey on a calendar! Will she be naked?
It's beautiful out there again, Ruth! Last night I stood in the backyard and listened to the geese going over in the dark. I know this sounds weird, but I'm very moved by things like that in the city. It's like an acknowledgement that nature hasn't forgotten us here. If I was a goose, there's no damned way I'd fly over a city. Although maybe they know we don't have hunters here... no one is going to take a pot shot at them.

I think I need a coffee... back later...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:18 AM   #5  

Kryss... I missed your post! Good morning!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:19 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Ruth-- Eggs and Canadian bacon sound lovely. It's going to be eggs and turkey bacon here this morning. And tuna salad for lunch.

Hello Kryss Don't believe we've met yet. I'm down here where we keep getting the leavings of Florida's hurricanes.

My work week is half over since I'm taking Friday off. Yay!

Not much else to say this morning...so I'll mosey on out of here and finish getting ready for work. You all have a great day on the beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-29-2004, 07:20 AM   #7  

'morning Ruth & Kryss and those sleepyheads still to come!

Had an inspirational day yesterday. It was pretty cool and windy in the evening when I went to walk the dog, so I grabbed a bomber jacket I had stuck in the closet. I couldn't wear it last year because it wouldn't zip over my hips. Yesterday it zipped with room to spare. I'm thrilled and sufficiently encouraged to stop farting around with the program.

Good luck with Hershey's photo shoot, Ruth. She must be as round as a melon by now with those puppies on the way.

Kryss, the rain might not inspire thirst, but if you're drinking enough water I'm sure it will inspire the result lol!

Great days everybody!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:25 AM   #8  

Wow, it was a posting frenzy!! Hi to Ellis and Mamacita. Ellis, I had the same experience with the geese flying past last night! What a beautiful sound. In another urban wildlife moment of magic, my husband was stopped at a busy intersection when a blue heron glided through the green light just above the cars. He said it looked like a prehistoric creature and he thought he was in Jurassic Park for a second there lol! Wonderful glimpses of nature.

Hi to everybody who is likely posting as I hit "SUBMIT"!!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:37 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Quick hello! I have to take DS to school earlt this morning and then it is off to meet my MIL. She lives about 40 mins. away and needs to drop her car off for a check up. I'm in slow mo this morning after yesterday! I hope we all have a great OP day! I'll try to pop in later to catch up!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:40 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
If I was a goose, there's no damned way I'd fly over a city.
Ruth, (I should have seen that question coming...) No, I am not a witch, but there are quite a few in the area. And in a couple days the whole city will be overrun with tourists until November.

Ellis, for some reason this just really cracked me up.

Mamacita, Hi there! Nice to meet you! My mom lives on the Gulf Coast in Florida. I pray that the hurricanes will leave you all alone for a bit.

Heidi, <goes to get some water>
Old 09-29-2004, 09:15 AM   #11  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning everyone! Ruth, the breakfast does sound lovely. I had my new favorite this morning: Apple Chicken Sausage, a pear and laughing cow cheese -- it's so YUM!

Ellis -- how nice! I need to take more time to stop and be outside. I live in small town where it's all around me and sometimes I take it for granted.

Good morning Kryss, Mama, Bamie, and everyone else!

I am in the bad habit of jumping on the scale all of the time now. After showing no loss yesterday, and then having a perfect OP day yesterday I thought maybe it would show this morning, but no luck. I think tonight I'll exercise, that should help to make a difference.

I rearranged and redecorated our guest bedroom last night and it's looking great! I got some new little curtians, and made it into a little vacation cottage, but little momentos from vacations past. I think it looks nice! We have our first overnight visitors coming from Minnesota next weekend -- I can't wait! But, first, this weekend we paint the didning room. Gold or Green!?!?!?!?!?

Off for some coffee myself!

lauren
Old 09-29-2004, 09:29 AM   #12  

Good morning, gals! I had a great time at the Cub Pack meeting last night. I brought the muffins for a reception after the meeting. I used strawberry banana yogurt with fresh strawberries and bananas. I upped to cinnamon to 1 1/2 tsp and used a half cup of dark chocolate chips. Every muffin was eaten and people were talking about how good they were! Even kids were eating them instead of the cupcakes and cookies! I labelled them whole wheat strawberry banana muffins with Splenda so everyone would know in case they don't like to use artificial sweeteners.

Karen - The flyer I have is for North Park mall. The 5K co-ed family fun run/walk starts at 8:15 am but they want everyone there by 7. I might ride the DART rail down since that is what the flyer suggests. Looks like you can register online at www.komen-dallas.org

I'm a half pound away from my September goal so I'm going to hold out posting until Friday morning (unless I get there tomorrow).
Old 09-29-2004, 09:40 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Holy cow, lots of people posting already! Morning ladies!

I reaaaaaaaaaaally didn't want to get out of bed this morning. We're at the point where we don't have the air on, but no heat either. BRRRRRRR. My teeth are chattering. It's much more comfortable under the covers, that's for sure!

Ruth, Hershey posing nude for a calander? Is this how you've raised her? Way to go! Tell her to wag her money-maker!

I only work until 4 today, and then volleyball at 7:30 tonight. We're playing another really hard team, so hopefully we have all our players tonight. We're 12-3 now, and I'd like to make that 15-3. Doubtful, since this team is REALLY good, whereas we have a few good players, but still. That's what I'm hoping for.

I HAVE TOMORROW OFF!!!! Woo hoooooo!!! Going to work on PartyLite during the day, I think.

Well I'd better hop through the shower. You all have a great day!
Old 09-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning ladies. This morning I am filling in for one of my staff members for a bit, so that gives me a chance to read postings earlier than usual.

We are still dealing with the purchase of a condo that we found on the weekend, so were on the phone most of last night negotiating a price. There is still a $5000 difference between asking price and our offer, so our realtor told us to let them sweat overnight. We are not in a big hurry to purchase, but we do know that the sellers have already moved and just want some money out of the place. That puts us in a fairly good position. We will probably settle sometime today.

Ruth - You must be so proud of Hersh. Here she is, just about to deliver and she is becoming a calendar pin-up. You must post her calendar pic for us when it is out.

Kris - Good mornin'. You're right. Make sure that you drink lots of water. I don't know what has happened to me, but I foget to drink water most days. I get to the end of the day and realize that I am really thirsty. I must get myself together and start to drink water at the beginning of the day rather than the end...and then up all night running to the biffy.

ellis - I love the geese, too. We have lots flying over the house these days. I have a greater appreciation for them after reading the story of the geese and how the motivate and encourage the rest of the flock.

Mama - Sounds like you need a bit of a vacation. You have really been super busy the past few weeks. I don't know how you manage, really. Have a great day at work...talk tomorrow.

Heidi - Congrats on the weight loss. A couple of weeks ago, I went through my closet and resurrected all the skinny clothes that I just couldn't throw away last year when I gained weightl. It was a great feeling to be able to get back into those clothes, but at the same time, I will really miss some of the favorite larger clothes. I am contemplating taking them to a tailor and having them altered to fit. I will have to see what the finances are like, I guess.

Bamiegirl - Have a good day. Talk to you later if you pop back.

Lauren - Like you, I am constantly weighing myself. I know that it is disappointing to stay OP and not lose right away, but sometimes it takes a few days for our bodies to react to the WOE. I also find the other way...when I cheat a bit, it takes a few days to catch up. However, I like to weight often because I can catch problems with my eating right away rather than wait until the end of the week and discover that something I have been eating has caused a gain. You are doing well, just keep on going.

Barb - I love those muffins, too. I made a batch last week, but have to admit that I eat them sparingly. I don't handle starches very well, but really enjoy them at breakfast with my eggs once in a while. DH and I went away last weekend, so I took a few of those muffins for my breakfast. They are really nummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

As for me, I guess I had better get going here. Work is calling and the call is getting louder. Have a great day everyone. Take care.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:06 AM   #15  

Green, Lauren! Your guest room sounds delightful! I love the idea of using things from past vacations to accessorize!

Barb, those muffins sound wicked!

Heidi, I'm so happy for you re: your bomber jacket! I know what that must mean to you.

Bamie, you're having a busy day!

Weezle, enjoy your game and your day off!

Peggy, do you also do the toe-touch thing with the scale? You know... you put it on the floor, and you tap it again and again until it looks "right" before standing on it.

I just had a good workout at the Y. Only 30 minutes of cardio, but better than nothing.

So, we've been short a bathroom since the toilet in the attic died a few weeks ago. I'm going to completely redo the ceramic tiles on the floor before we install the new toilet. I'm working my way up to it. (never tiled before)
Yesterday, the sink in the main floor bathroom clogged. Last night DH spent hours working on the plumbing, and while he was doing it, the bathtub plumbing started leaking into the washing machine in the basement. And then the damned toilet tank started leaking! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!
It's a freakin' NIGHTMARE in here with half-torn down walls in the kitchen, mud all over the floors, and appliances in boxes.
It's important to remember to be grateful for bathroom fixtures when they're working.
Closed Thread