South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 07:09 PM   #1  

Thumbs down WHY did I do it?

OK, this was an all-out binge. I finally found some of those sugar free fudgesicles everybody's been talking about. Couldn't find them before, so bought 2 packages when I finally found them. Ate most of the 2 packages. Very conscious of the first few and then unconscious of the next few and then aware of them again at the end.

Decided not to berate myself - I've been doing well since the end of June, so this isn't the end of the world. Just got curious as to WHY I was doing it.

Figured it was (a) entertainment - the sensation of a chocolate overload was something I haven't had in a while (b) procrastination - postponing putting a third coat of paint on my dd's room - thought 2 would be enough but realized I'd have to give it a third (c) calculated indulgence - just gave in to myself, knowing I wasn't going to blow the whole thing.

Somehow with SB it's easier for me to recover from these things. I still feel in control and on plan, if that makes any sense.

Has anybody else done this and lived to tell the tale?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:54 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Heidi,
Don't beat yourself up. I too am a binge eater and I recognize there are some things I can't control myself with and that includes bread and certain types of ice cream. Not that it is similar to your case, but I realized that I don't think I can handle the fudgesicle's anymore. I got to a point where I was eating 2-3 a day, so then I decided to not eat those any more.

You either have to force yourself to eat just 1 or you decide to not eat them anymore.

Again, don't beat yourself up, you messed up but you can make better choices next time.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh Heidi and Nelie, I can sympathize with both of you. I 'm addicted to ice cream, so I don't keep it in the house anymore.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

I've done the same thing, Heidi. Don't stress over it. Take comfort in the fact that they were at least sugar-free. (just don't do it again. )
Old 09-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #5  

Well, Heidi, now you know what they taste like! Lol. You have a good attitude about the whole thing, and I can soooo relate too. I can't even walk past the freezer without taking a few spoonfuls of icecream when it's there. Unless it's strawberry. For some reason it makes me gaggy, so that's the only stuff I buy for the kids and dh! Lol.
Today's another day, and you can get thru it popsicle free to make up for yesterday!
Old 09-25-2004, 04:30 PM   #6  

I am like this with chocolate. Can't have it in the house! I used to be like this with bread, ice cream, biscuts and chips so perhaps there is hope for me yet! Better not to buy them or see if you can buy them individually for the occasional treat.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:04 AM   #7  

Heidi-

Your attitude about your chocolate binge is realistic! We all screw up, we just have to get up, dust ourselves off, and move on! The one thing I also like about SBD is that is is easier to get back on track once you have made a mistake. If we are going to change our WOE for the long run, we cannot expect ourselves to be perfect!

Good luck getting back on track. You CAN do this!!
Closed Thread