South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 09:49 PM   #1  

Default Phase 1 food question

Would canned Tomato soup made with 1% milk be ok on phase 1? I know that it's listed as ok in the good carbs/good fats book but I'm trying so hard I don't want to foul up!

Kristin
Old 08-17-2004, 10:21 PM   #2  

I`m not sure it would be allowed in Phase 1..... as you are supposed to stick to the basics of lean meats... vegies.. and the allowed dairy & nuts....... but someone else may be able to answer you better.

A lot of tin products contain sugars as a preservative, amoung other things. I have seen some recipes for Home-Made tom soup. so maybe this would be a better option?.... at least you would know EXACTLY what is in it, and wouldn`t be eating things you shouldn`t be.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:01 AM   #3  

I ate a lot of homemade soup on Phase 1. If you can post the ingredients from the tomato soup can we will be glad to let you know if it is okay on Phase 1. Personaly, I try to stay away from the canned soups because they are normally very high in sodium. Now that my weight and BP is better, I am no longer on a diuretic and I really watch my sodium so I don't end up gaining from water retention.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Kristin, if it's Campbell's or something similar, stay away from it! I was looking at a can last night (I thought I was starving, but I was simply bored), and the ingredients listed include stuff like sugar and flour.
Home made soup would be good, though! (Ruth aka Martha Stewart will make you some.)
Old 08-18-2004, 10:37 AM   #5  

Kristin, I just posted a Quick and Easy Spicy Chicken Soup recipe in the Phase 1 soup section. It is an easy one to make and I enjoy it so much that I eat it in Phase 2 fairly often. It is easy to make and only takes about 20 or 30 minutes to cook.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:40 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522
Kristin, I just posted a Quick and Easy Spicy Chicken Soup recipe in the Phase 1 soup section.
You are my recipe HERO!!
Closed Thread