South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 10:54 AM   #1  

Default SBD Day 1, or not?

Tell me what you think ...

Breakfast
2 egg omelet w/
red peppers
green peppers
onions
mushrooms
fat-free shredded cheddar

Snack
15 Almonds

Lunch
Tossed Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber) w/
Prepared Tuna Fish (mayo, green peppers & onions)
2 slices of Bacon
2 tbs Balsamic Vinegar

Snack
15 Almonds
1 Part Skim mozz stick

Dinner
Applebees's 10 oz. sirloin w
Steamed Veggies (broccoli, zucchini, and I think cucumbers)
Diet Coke

Dessert
Vanilla Ricotta Creme

I ate/drank two things I should not have. I ate regular bacon because it's what I had and no one else likes it, I didn't want to throw it away. I'd like to finish the pack but if that inhibits me from entering into phase 2 ...

I drank a diet coke at the restaurant.

SBD Day 2 (I hope)

2 Egg Omelet w/
part-skim mozz
fat free cheddar
2 slices of bacon
1 Diet Coke

So what's the verdict? Do I need to start over? This is still a huge improvement from the diet I was doing healthwise, which was Atkins and the EAD, eat all diet.

Is the overall outcome of phase 1 a healthier Ketosis?
Old 08-06-2004, 11:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach. Do you have the Book? The revised Phase I Food List is here in the FAQ Section.
Aside from the bacon which is definitely not allowed and two servings of almonds, it looks good to me. By the way, we do NOT want ketosis of any kind on this plan. You should also be including some healthy carbs in the form of legumes.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:09 AM   #3  

Okay so I'll toss the bacon. Right now I just can't stand the idea of starting over! If this is what it takes then okay!

Yea I have the book, I didn't realize almonds was limited to once a day. Good to know

And the diet coke, is it okay just for the first few days? I'm an avid coke drinker and I'm switching from 100% coke to one diet coke a day and the rest water.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No need to start over - just ditch the bacon and cut back on the nuts. Diet coke slows weightloss for some people but there is no need to deprive yourself. Glugging water really helps.
The book was written over a year ago and Dr A has allowed new foods. Check out the FAQ for the latest list. (Dairy is a good example. You can now have fat free milk up to 2 cups a day.)
Old 08-06-2004, 11:17 AM   #5  
I got Madonna tickets!

But you aren't starting over, your just changing what you've already started. I ate regular bacon quite often during phase 1 and still lost weight. Granted, everyone is different, so you have to see what your body allows. Just keep with it!
--Jenn.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:22 AM   #6  

Diet Coke is just fine especially if you keep it to one a day. You are allowed one caffeinated drink so I try to drink Caffeine free Diet Coke when I am at home since I like one cup of tea at work. Some people get cravings when they drink caffeine.

Canadian Bacon is the best. Turkey bacon is also allowed but I try to keep things as lean as possible. Applebees has a chicken skillet meal on their Weight Watchers menu that is really good. It is Phase 2 because of the whole wheat tortilla but you can eat it now if you ask them to not serve it with the tortilla.

There are tons of yummy stuff you can do with black beans on Phase 1. Take a look at our recipe section.
Closed Thread