South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 01:40 PM   #1  

Question Didn't bring my lunch today, where should I eat? Phase I

This is where I get into trouble. When I don't bring my lunch and I get so hungry at lunchtime and can't figure out what to get! I do have a grocery store right next to where I work so sometimes that's convenient. But I don't know what to get! Any ideas? Or any restaurants/fast food that has anything good and SBD Phase 1 friendly?
Old 07-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Go to a salad bar - -get a salad --load up on veggies and add tuna to it with oil and vinegar.

Yum!
Old 07-28-2004, 01:55 PM   #3  

If you have a TGI Friday's near you, the Key West Grouper from the Atkins menu appears to be totally fine for phase 1. It is pan-roasted and served with a citrus splash and fresh roasted vegetables (squash, onions, peppers). I have eaten it several times and detect no hint of butter. I always call them and order it to go so I don't have to wait.

I really tried to avoid fast food in Phase 1.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:43 PM   #4  

I don't have a TGI Friday's, boy I wish I did! Guess it'll have to be a salad. I just get so bored with salads! Oh, I try to avoid fast food all the time, just thought maybe there was something decent available!
Old 07-28-2004, 02:49 PM   #5  

If you grab a salad from subway you can choose from a variety of toppings. Otherwise go to the grocery store and buy some plain yogurt, tomatoes, low fat cheese or nuts. You could keep the nuts at work for legal snacks.
Closed Thread