Survived A Birthday Party!!

• Hey Everyone,

I am sooo proud of myself. I went to a birthday party my girlfriend had for her daughter. She had bagels, cream cheese, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, honeydew, and PIZZA!!. I did not have one bite!! It was hard, but I managed to survive. Afterwards I was starving, so I got a chicken caesar salad without croutons. I am on Day 7 of Phase 1, and it is getting easier.. Hurray!!!

lisa z.
  • Wow! Great job lisa, you defiinitely deserve to be very proud of yourself!!!!!
  • Yaayyyyyy!!! Congrats girly!!

Michelle
  • wowerz
    I would of choaked.. so bad...

I would of ate a bite of everything

Way to go, you did AMAZING
  • Well done! Doesn't it feel awesome to be so strong and determined!
  • Congrats!
  • Quote: I did not have one bite!! It was hard, but I managed to survive.
    Lisa, congrats!! I had the same problem on Saturday -- I had to throw a bridal shower for a friend, and we did it pot-luck style. There was cherry crumble cake, taco dip, Toffee Chocolate Chip cake, and all sorts of fresh fruit, plus chips and all of that other amazing stuff.

I had diet Coke. Man, it was hard, but I was SO HAPPY. Nothing tastes as good as I'm going to feel when I hit my goal and fit into my clothes from last summer!!!
  • At least with pot luck you can make a SB Diet friendly dish. I have made up hors d'orves (not sure how to spell it) platters containing raw vegies, deli meats, hummus, and feta to take to things and am amazed at how fast they disappear. A bit annoying sometimes cause I count on filling up and skipping the main meal!
  • Quote: At least with pot luck you can make a SB Diet friendly dish.
    So true! I was tempted to take some Laughing Cow triangles and nuts in my purse to that thing, but I thought it would be slightly bad taste to whip that out in front of everyone. Hehe.

But you're right -- it's so much easier to to a potluck, because you can bring whatever you want to eat. I hate sitting there while everyone else is eating, not eating anything, and having them ask you why. Instead, what I did at this shower, was take a plate, put some of the taco dip on it, and push it around with a spoon for a while. I think I ate a couple of shreds of the cheese and lettuce on top, but that was about it. Nobody was any wiser!

Thank GOD I'll be on Ph2 when it's my friend's stagette and hopefully, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to find a low-carb beer to drink. Even just one.
  • I know how hard that is. I had a large salad before leaving for a party; that way I wouldn't be hungry. By the way, where do you find the Laughing Cow cheese? I have looked in all our grocery stores and can't find it.