South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 03:40 PM   #1  

Question Does cheese fall under dairy??

Hi girls,

Ok, I'm looking for the definitive answer on this:

We're allowed no more than 2 cups of milk per day... but does that include cottage/ricotta/cheddar/mozzarella cheese?

If I go according to the updated food list, then, no -- milk is the only thing to limit. But a couple of people on the board here, have mentioned that those other items DO count towards our daily dairy limit.

If that's true, where does it say that in the book? I'm just really confused on that, can't find it in the book unless I'm missing it.

Regardless, I'm having an extra cup of milk today -- I need my milk!! But I want to know, as a friend of mine is starting and doesn't care to use the internet for extra information. I would hate for her to have too much milk and hamper her weight loss, simply because it's not clear in the book or whatever.

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-10-2004, 03:52 PM   #2  

For Dairy I count: Milk, yogurt, Sour cream

Just be careful with TOO much cheese b/c it will slow you down alot.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #3  

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles396
For Dairy I count: Milk, yogurt, Sour cream

Just be careful with TOO much cheese b/c it will slow you down alot.
See, that's my problem. I'm trying not to have too much cheese because of the fat contect, but I feel like I'm running out of things to eat! For instance, I have to disguise my eggs with some cheese because I'm already sick of the taste of eggs. ARGGHH!!!

Will cottage cheese be a slower-downer, do you think? Because that seems to be about all I can bring for lunch these days. (I'm anti-left-overs, other than the Taco bake and similar items.)

Goodness me, I can not WAIT to get onto phase 2 -- it's like a whole world of options opens up. I honestly think I could stay on phase 2 for a lifetime -- compared to Ph1, it sounds to me like paradise.
Closed Thread