South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 12:49 PM   #1  
I graduated!

Default cravings and solutions?

I'm a newbie... but I'm wondeing if anyone else has had trouble with afternoon cravings and what they did about them.

I find that after 2 p.m. I am just hungry for something sweet or salty with some texture. I find myself driven to put something, anything, in my face.

I'm trying to drink water... today I was going to try some red pepper slices if it rears its ugly head again.

I could sure use some suggestions/support/ideas... am I the only one?

Old 06-04-2004, 12:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

ADD- Make sure that you don't think you are hungry because you are bored or have nothing better to do than eat! I had that problem. The sweet or salty cravings probably come from the fact that when we used to snack we would turn to quick fixes such as potato chips, crackers, cookies, or candy. Also if you get the craving again try some tuna it will satisfy the salty craving or hummus with your peppers. The sweet one is harder but get some sugarfree jello! Also keep up the water intake I personally drink between 128 to 144 oz a day!! It works wonders!!
Old 06-04-2004, 01:54 PM   #3  

Yeah, the jello works pretty good and is probably about the best you can have if you're on phase 1. Later, in phase 2 or 3 you could perhaps have a bit of cottage cheese with some berries. My afternoon sweet treat are my Viactive Calcium Chews in milk chocolate flavor.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:56 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I *dare I say it* and starting to like vegetable juice and have that. Or I have a small salad with vinegar. If that doesn't work, a stick of sugarless gum with my water!
Old 06-04-2004, 02:12 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Add, what about the turkey roll-ups? It might be a good idea to have some protein at that time of day. We get tired, and our body tells us we're hungry. And go extra with the water. You may think you're hungry when you're really thirsty.
Good luck!
Old 06-04-2004, 02:22 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Also, ADD, how long have you been on the beach? They could be leftover cravings from your sugar if you are at day 3 or less. Otherwise, make sure you eat a LOT of veggies at lunch! When I get hungry early, I usually find that it is because I am not eating enough veggies.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:06 PM   #7  
I graduated!

Today I'm trying to drink way more water (even if it means peeing every 15 minutes) I do know that it can be easy to confuse thirst with hunger.

Acutally I feel like I need to cut out the jello because it seemed to be making the cravings worse... and then I feel like I could eat 3 or 5 jello cups! And I don't even *like* jello that much.

It could be leftover cravings, I'm only on day 3... and I need to go to the store to buy more stuff for the rest of the week... this is a lot of shopping and cooking!

I do like the turkey roll-ups (only I'm doing them with *healthy ham* becuase I couldn't find turkey that wasn't made with sugar) and made a conscious choice to save them for an afternoon snack today.

I suppose it's also possible that bordem could be doing it... although it's not as though I don't have a semesters worth of house work to catch up on just having started summer break in the last week or so...

Scheduling my personal time has never been something that I'm wonderful at, need to make sure that I get to Trader Joe's for my groceries as well as get some vaccuuming and filing done today.

Perhaps a little cuppa wouldn't hurt...

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-04-2004, 08:31 PM   #8  

I find eating some kind of protein helps to get me through that afternoon snarl. String cheese (yes, I love my ), nuts, turkey rolled up or laughing cow cheese spread on celery (another fav of mine )
Old 06-06-2004, 05:50 PM   #9  

Make sure you are having a protein snack like nuts and/or cheese. I have a glass of diet drink or a herbal tea if I can't stand the sugar cravings.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:20 PM   #10  

My cravings are in the evening -- for something sweet. I've been doing the splenda-based creamsicles, but lately they're causing a bloat -- lots of discomfort. Hooray, maybe I can't eat them anymore -- I feel so guilty when I do, even if they are legal!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:29 PM   #11  

Default I hear ya, sistah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDflower
It could be leftover cravings, I'm only on day 3... and I need to go to the store to buy more stuff for the rest of the week... this is a lot of shopping and cooking!
I'm there too, girl -- day three. And I'm having the same, with an added headache. I think it's the carb withdrawl. STick with it, people keep telling me that it goes away in a few days and we'll start feeling great. They better be right!
Old 06-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I bet you guys both feel much better tomorrow! By day four I was much more human and jazzed about this WOE! I'm praying that you make it through today to enjoy tomorrow in the fullest!
Old 06-08-2004, 07:21 PM   #13  

I take yogurt and put it in the freezer. Viola Frozen Yogurt well kinda.

Also those protein shakes are like my ole choc PB shakes that I used to get almost daily.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #14  

We are allowed Crystal Light right?
Old 06-10-2004, 03:36 PM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Yes... lots of us drink Crystal Light.
Closed Thread