South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Sunny Spring Tuesday - March 30

Glorious sunrise in progress this morning! It'll be an outdoor day for sure although it's still pretty wet out there to rake.

This is just a get us started post as I'm off to the greenhouse for eight this morning and need to get the day underway. Three sleepyheads need to be cranked up and fed so.....

What's happening at your place?
Old 03-30-2004, 06:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I wonder if you can guess what I'm doing? Yes, that's right... I am GOING TO THE GYM!!
Then I'm going to make a big batch of sweet potato/black bean burritos and freeze them. And then I make have a little nap in my hammock.

Have a wonderful day, girls!!
Old 03-30-2004, 06:53 AM   #3  

Not much happening here, Ruth. I need to get the bills paid this morning and send out the checks. Dh is going out to play bridge this morning so I've got the house to myself. I may do some hoeing out in the name of Spring cleaning. I don't want to, but it feels so good when I'm done.

Scale was kind this morning. I'm attributing it to the long shopping trip yesterday.

Everybody have a great day. Jo
Old 03-30-2004, 07:09 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HI Ladies,

I just snuck in a little aerobics before the kids woke up. I am thinking about dragging out the double stroller and going off to the park to walk with the kids!

Have a great day! I will be out and about today

Jo,
Congrats on the nice scale!
Old 03-30-2004, 07:15 AM   #5  

Hi ladies,
Just a quick check-in before I head for the shower, then off to the office. Dh rode his motorcycle in to work today - a definite sign that Spring has Sprung (will ignore the forecast for flurries later this week!).

Penny - I did join the 5lb challenge, but have failed miserably! Back on track starting yesterday! You are doing wonderfully!

Hope you all have a great day!

Jo(jams)
Old 03-30-2004, 07:39 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks! I'm in a rush this morning, as well. Got up at 4:30 to do some blood draws at a nursing home, then came home and napped for an hour. Now, time to get myself off to the lab.

You all have a wonderful day.

Mamacita
Old 03-30-2004, 08:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mornin Chickies
It's gloomy and overcast today, and rainy weather is predicted up thru Friday. Oh, well, April showers etc.---
My scale is still stuck! And this after I pledged to lose 2 lbs a week! My BiG problem is not exercising. I use the excuse that I get plenty of it chasing the little ones around all day and doing gardening and housework. I do enjoy walking, so now that the weather isn't so bitter, I'm going to make an effort to start power walking several times a week.
Did anyone see Ophrah yesterday? They were making a big deal about not eating 2-3 hours before bedtime. I never did hear the reason why not - - maybe because your body doesn't have time to burn it off?
My coffee got cold, so it's time for another, and some scrambled eggs w/ cheese. See ya later!
Old 03-30-2004, 08:15 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Morning chicks quick hello. Lots to do today. DH was home yesterday and we spent the day digging out old mulch triming all the shrubs and trees and remulching. Rain came and we will have to finish up on Thursday afternoon. Today I feel like I have been beat. Ok I'll try to check in later
Good morning all let's have an OP day!
Old 03-30-2004, 09:16 AM   #9  
Southern Belle

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I'm new here and look forward to "meeting" every one of you. I started SB on Monday and so far am doing very well. I haven't been hungry at all but have had to rethink my plan and plan 6 small meals to keep my blood sugar from dropping out. But that's a good thing. Today I don't have to work much for I will spend time gardening (which I dearly love) and doing housework (which I dearly hate) Oh, well, you have to have the good with the bad. And I do.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Tuesday!!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 09:27 AM   #10  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Good morning chicks! Chilly here in Baltimore, Maryland. Got up early and walked a little more than a mile with my cousin/exercise buddy. We sat down to a nice breakfast of turkey bacon and eggs with cheese. This is our second day on the diet so we decided to make it as pleasant as possible. What a great start to the day!!

Going to take it easy at work today as my body adjusts. Feel a bit of a headache coming on but I'll manage. Thanks for all the support and congrats to all the "losers"!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-30-2004, 09:58 AM   #11  
Reeling Reverend

Imarah, my neighbor, welcome! Off to a good start!

WELL! I did not stop moving all day yesterday. From 6 am to 11 pm, I was constantly on the go. I am beat today! At least we have an eval today, so my boss is off my back for the moment.

Went to the yoga session last night. No good. REALLY hokey. Now, I am about as cheeseball gooneegoogoo as you can get, and even I thought this was cheesy. Still searching for a yogi that can set Jorge and I straight... maybe I should look into a chiropractor instead... Have a great, OP day ladies!

PS- I met the 5 lb. challenge. I actually exceeded it!! Happy birthday to me!
Old 03-30-2004, 11:06 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone!

Ellis -- Well, I thought about going to the gym today . . .

This weekend more area was cleared in the back yard for a small vegetable garden. So many of you garden; I am looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas with you. After 14 years living in a townhouse, I am excited about being in a house with a yard where we are able to plant. So far we have decided on tomatoes, summer squash and garlic.

Today I am off to the office as usual. I am not sure if I will make the five pound challenge as I am still at a four pound loss. However, beats the heck out of a four pound gain! :

Last edited by SoCalBirdLady; 03-30-2004 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-30-2004, 12:44 PM   #13  

Hi everyone!

Lovely day here in London. Blue skys and warmish sun. Sadly I have been inside most of the day and now I have a client due in twenty mins so I had better go and get ready for that.

I am feeling a little flat. Wonder why. I am trying to cut the caffein right down, so that might be part of it. Got two litres of water in to me today which was brilliant.

There are so many new people!! Hooray!! Welcome sunshine, nice to hear from you (great avatar).

ok, I need to go and find some ENERGY for my client. I think it could have something to do with me not exercising at the moment actually. OK, I resolve to go for a walk tomorrow. There. Done it. Will let you know how it goes.

xx
Old 03-30-2004, 01:01 PM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Afternoon chickies just checking in before I take the wee ones to the playground the sun is shinning I have my heat off and my windows open I love spring. Although there is still some snow in my yard. I did my house work trying to catch up on laundry. I really think there is about 15 people living here. I just ordered myself a cell phone which I can not pick up til saturday and I got a free hat, t-shirt, phone holder and a ditigal camera wow what a deal. I am very excited. ( dosn't take much) Well I am off I still have a few things to do before I head out the door. I need to make a list I am having a shower for my sister on saturday night so I have many things to do to get ready for it. And so you know all the food I am planning is OP ( except for the cake)
Old 03-30-2004, 05:38 PM   #15  
RNMOM

Default Gorgeous DAY!

For all of you who live in the tropics all the time, you can never fully appreciate how good a warm day can be. (I think)

It has been a beautiful day, sat outside on my swing and ate my salad. I had everything in the salad but the kitchen sink. I did overdose on some fresh strawberries and sugar free chocolate pudding. That tastes SOOOO good.

I'm 1/2 pound away from the 5 pound challenge. I hope that my workout tonight will push me along.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.
Closed Thread