South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 03:45 PM   #1  

Default Afraid of starting Phase II

Hi everyone,
I have been on SB for 3 weeks now and feel great about it. As of today I have lost a total of 11.5 bls. My issue is that I only lost 1 lb this last week and now i'm really worried about starting Phase II.

I know I need to start exercising. too.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:09 PM   #2  
Reeling Reverend

I am excited to start Phase II because that way, I know I can have fruit and other legal "endulgances", so I won't go out and binge like it's my job!

I would start and see how you do, if it doesn't work out back to Phase I with ya!

With the hormonal hurricane that women's body's seem to constantly be in, I wouldn't worry about "only" losing a pound. You still lost a pound!! You didn't gain!!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:20 PM   #3  

Michelle -
I felt the EXACT same way. And, since January 10th I've been doing a 'conservative' Phase II. I don't eat sweet potatoes, pasta, very little fruit. I do have the all bran cereal, and at least one whey protein shake a day.

However, I did kinda go off into full phase II and I slowed down a lot. I found that a phase 1.5 works well.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:28 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You've lost nearly a quarter of what you want to lose. The rest will be slower but it will go. Have faith. A pound a week is a safe and permanent loss.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:01 AM   #5  

i'm in the same boat michelle kinda scared to rock the boat so to say. i'm supposed to start phase 2 monday and i'm not sure if i want to or not, i feel so good on phase 1 and i really haven't missed the fruit, etc. i'm thinking i'll just wait and see. just knowing i can have a little fruit next week or a little whole grain bread or something, i guess i'll decide as it comes up. i kind of like the phase 1.5 idea pebbles
Old 02-21-2004, 10:58 AM   #6  
I got Madonna tickets!

Hi everyone,

I know what you mean, this was my week four on SBD, and week two on P2, and I didn't lose any weight. I think the plate of sweet potato fries is to blame (well, that and a few other indulgences). I realize that when I started eating "normal" foods, even the safe kind (good bread, whole wheat pasta, brown rice) it made me more lax in other foods, as well. Sort of like, oh, one potato won't kill the diet, which it won't, but it gets harder to pick yourself up after and just stop doing it.

I am going to do a sort of 1.5 myself. A sort of one fruit a day, and one or two servings of carb a day sort of thing. Like one slice of good bread, one small serving of pasta, that sort of thing.

This week I didn't totally ruin it, I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either (and, it still isn't the weigh-in, so who knows) but, I am just going to work harder on keeping control.

It's a balance, finding out what works for you and then working with in that. Plus, I am going to try some new recipes this week, get a little more variety going.

Dynagrrl.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #7  

Sorry for just popping in....Dyna how did the dress turn out?
Closed Thread