South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 04:13 AM   #1  

Default Thursday chitter chatter

Ah, winning the lottery. That would be good wouldnt it? I have some premium bonds and that means that every month I get the chance of winning a million. Never won a penny mind you, but I think that if I am meant to get money that is the route it will come.

When I was little I was very lucky and always had the winning ticket at the church raffle etc. That was excellent, but it did give me the sad impression that it was my *right* to win the whole time . Oh dear.

My mother is clipping the coupons out of the daily newspaper to 'win the holiday home of your dreams'. I often dream about a little country cottage, stone floors (with lovely underfloor heating), an Aga, little cottage garden, dogs, elderflower wine....etc. One day......keep clipping the coupons mum.

I am another one for PMS city here, so we can all be scary together.

xx
Old 02-19-2004, 08:00 AM   #2  

Morning everyone!! Just had a chance to check in this AM. All is well, only I'm getting another headache today . I generally get the migraines with TOM; this may be a post migraine. I guess I'm a week ahead you ya'll! anyway the sun finally is out here and it's suppose to get up to 66 today
I had to go saturday to look at Michelle's wedding dress it is beautiful and she picked the bridesmaid dresses and her mom & I got our dresses too. The brides maids will be in pink; cotton candy is the color; the top is plaid and the bottom skirt is solid pink - very pretty. Anyway; I was depressed after the measurements were taken for my dress I think designers do not consider the real women when they design clothes. I also don't quite get the way they measure you; I wear a 38C bra but the gal said I'm 44 across the tatas I had to go ahead and order my dress; maybe it will have to be taken in when it arrives in May.
Well everyone have a great day!
Old 02-19-2004, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin everyone!

Gee clovey, it sure would be wonderful to win some money! I'd go on a much-needed vacation! Guess I would have to pay my house off first then go on vacation Ok now I'm daydreaming

NascarGirl, I also hate getting measured for dresses. But your right by May you'll be able to get the dress taken in And I've been getting real bad headaches lately. I don't know if I have migraines, but I sure should get checked for it.

Good morning to everyone else who are late risers this mornin Have a great day! Gonna be gorgeous here...close to 65! YAY!
Old 02-19-2004, 08:26 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Thursday morning, Clovey, Nascar Girl, Motts and sleepyheads to come! I see Ellis is online and should be in here shortly. (Nag! Nag! Nag!)

Not much happening around here this morning. Harry got up at 6:30 which got my day off to an earlier start. (I hate to admit it but I cherish my alone times with the Girls and my coffee.) Beds are changed and laundry is in the washer, lunch and dinner are planned but subject to change as always.

Jane the Homemaker (I think they call them caregivers now) is coming at noon. I plan to go into The Falls to return my toasted pedometer, buy a new non-stick frying pan, get some low cal dog food and groceries and maybe find a new comforter for Harry's bed. Although I've tidied my sewingroom, I doubt very much that I am going to get a quilt made for him until Fall! Doesn't that sound like an exciting day? NOT!

Heddy the Director from TVM is coming for coffee tomorrow morning. She has a job cooking for 6-10 men in an alcoholic recovery facility and is really stuck for what meals to make. She is Egyptian and I'm going to give her some hints on comfort foods. She's already got the pineapple cake recipe and some other dessert recipes so we will focus on homey stuff like Shepherd's Pie and stews. I'll print off some recipes for her today.

Speaking of food, I have yet to get my brain back in gear and onto Phase I.
I thought changing my stats might give me a reality check but it hasn't worked - yet! Evil carbs are sneaking in - well, semi-evil. At least the crackers are whole wheat and I've not had jujubes.

I'm off to cruise the boards and do my Journal. Have a great day!
Old 02-19-2004, 08:34 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Well it seems that the south is checkin in with a wonderful day today. High here is supposed to be 65. Break out the oil we're gettin a tan! We should be seeing butter cups peekin out anytime now. I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day today. I'll check in later and see what's happenin on the beach.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:54 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Women with PMS unite!!!

Sorry... I'm in a rush... got two people coming to see the apartment today, and I have some stuff to do.
How on earth are you supposed to clean in between old-fashioned wooden windows with little panes, damnit.

Have a lovely, OP day, girls! love to all...
Old 02-19-2004, 08:54 AM   #7  

Oh. And a major kick in the butt for Little Chick and whoever else needs one. (me)
Old 02-19-2004, 08:57 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis, you have to take the window off to clean it. Forget it until Spring! Good luck with the prospective tenants.
I don't have PMS - I'm just *****y!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #9  

Hey all!

Today it's gonna be as warm as it can be in the mountains of Maryland in February (53!) and I'm very excited. I'm gonna try to get some work done, and maybe even my taxes, too. Now that all the crazeee PMS chemicals are out of my brain, perhaps I can get back to business!

I am envious of all the Southern belles (Bamiegurl, Ms24) and their warm weather. Tan for those less fortunate!

Clovey, I'm sorry to report that I have cruised out of PMS into the MS. Heh! But the good side effect of my cramps is that I typically don't eat much when I feel this way. Although at the height of my PMS two nights ago I (1) was crying over something completely stupid and (2) ate the remaining 5 pieces of my sugar free chocolate that I was previously just eating once per day.

Ruth, carbs are the devil!! Think of them with tiny horns. It won't make you stop craving them, but it might make you laugh!

Nascar Girl - don't worry. The measurements they take for bridesmaids dresses suck! And in my experience, the size they usually give you tends to be bigger than what you wear normally. And that's why getting it taken in will feel so good!

And morning ellis! I'd say you can give me a major kick in the rear, but I've got so much padding, you may have to do it twice!

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by overfedup; 02-19-2004 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:02 AM   #10  
I got Madonna tickets!

Hi everyone,

I hear ya about the lottery, Clovey. I DREAM of getting some money and buying a nice little cottage by the water and becoming ... I don't know what. But I'd like to find out!

Everyone sounds like they have a busy day coming their way! Ruth, I love quilts, I am impressed that you make them!!! I have one that was made for me hanging on the wall in my bedroom. I want to use it, but it's so special that I also really like looking at it!!!

I hate being measured for dresses, too! I bought a dress in December to wear to a Bar Mitzvah next weekend, and it's WAY too big now. I know that it is a good thing, I know that I should be proud, but I am also just really p.o.'d that I have to buy new clothes because I just don't have the money. Wah poor me. It's a good thing. It's a good thing. One thing at a time.

Sorry, I am in a bit of a foul mood this morning, I just realized. I guess y'all realized it at least by the last paragraph. Okay, enough of me.

Dynagrrl.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:03 AM   #11  

I'd have to remove the moldings, Ruth! curses.
And you are never *****y, darling. hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 02-19-2004, 09:05 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

I slept in late this morning and am waking up with my first cup of coffee.
The sun is out and the sky is clear but how long will this last, I wonder
Speaking of chocolate I have my eye on a chocolate brown Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer for the kitchen.I've been droping hints and hope DH will get it for me for my B~Day.

Little Chick~~i put the remaining Valentines candy on my DH's desk last Monday. Out of sight, out of mind. It works for me.

Ellis~Yes, well at least I touched the exercise equipment yesterday. The goal today is to go downstairs and actually use some of it .

Good morning to all to come and let's try to have an OP day
Old 02-19-2004, 09:09 AM   #13  
Reeling Reverend

Mornin, Chicks!! Well, we won't see the 60's here, but it is supposed to get up to the mid-50's, which seems downright balmy at this point!

I woke up to a screaming boyfriend this morning. Seems that Noodles was happy about the weather, too, and would NOT come inside! I had to bribe her with treats, which she would come and take and dart off again. BAD DOG!! She's so cute, though! Although... rottweilers need to be told that their not lap dogs....

I didn't send a SINGLE resume last night. Instead *CLOVEY* I'll be getting a couple of bucks worth of lottery tickets for the $215 mil drawing tomorrow. I know, I know, resumes are a much more practical idea.

Ellis- I about fell out of the chair laughing at your little drill seargent!!

Ruth- you don't change the beds EVERY day, do you??

EVERYONE have a MAGICAL day!!

Caity
Old 02-19-2004, 09:16 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

mornign chickies storming here this morning and there is no school. I have already started the day off badly had a samali sandwhich for breakfast. Ellis I should have read your post before I ate. Well this must be short as when there is no school I have to fight for computer time. I guess my few minutes is up already. Hopefully I can get back on later.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:17 AM   #15  

215 million, Caity!?!? American?? Woof! I could really use that.

Sil... you "blessed" your equipment.

Dyna, just wear the "fat dress" and show everyone how much you've lost.
Closed Thread