South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #1  

Default I'm going to be a new recruit

I will be a new recruit here. I've been reading up on the internet about the South Beach diet and I'm going to try it. My book is on the way in the mail. I'm kinda nervous about it because I'm a carb-freak! I live for pasta and bread. I'm not that big of a meat eater - red meat anyways. It'll be hard for me to get through those first 2 weeks but I figure I can do it! Right?! I'm actually excited because it seems that once you get through the first 2 weeks, it doesnt seem to be as hard - as least that's what I"m getting from reading all the posts. And what's 2 weeks? Right? Months and years are flying by for me! 2 weeks should be a blink. I'm just mainly worried about my breakfast. I usually eat pop tarts at work - Healthy, dont think so! But its quick and I can eat it at my desk. I am NOT a cereal person at all - I actually puke when I smell it so that's not an option later on in the stages. What can I eat thats fast but good on the Beach in the morning? Wish me luck everyone!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:13 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Welcome becjo! Glad to have ya on the beach! Maybe try a V-8 or sumin for b-fast. Celery stick with cottage cheese or pb if you like that. I am home so I usually have 2 slices turkey bacon and 2 eggs. Also if you like boiled eggs you can cook them the night before and just grab 'em goin out the door. It is a very easy plan to stay on I think. I have been on it 2 weeks now and plan to hold out on phase1 a little longer. Just knowing that I can have more carbs if I want it is enough for me! Good luck and stay in it. I'm sure everyone will have good suggestions for b-fast to help you. Again Welcome to the best beach out there!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:24 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

I thought I had deleted this. It is from SBD daily dish and has some b-fast ideas for you. Hope it helps!

Breakfast On the Go

Do you have trouble finding the time to cook breakfast? Are you guilty of sometimes skipping this first meal of the day? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you're in danger of sabotaging your diet. Skipping breakfast can cause dangerous cravings to return and can encourage you to overeat throughout the day. Don't fall into this trap just because you can't spare five minutes to grab something quick from the refrigerator.

For those mornings when you just don't feel like cooking, try keeping the following on hand:

Phase 1:

Deviled or hard-boiled eggs
Celery sticks with natural peanut butter (trans-fat free)
Single serving nonfat or 1 percent cottage cheese cups
Precooked turkey bacon
Precut vegetables in plastic sandwich bags
Individual, low-fat cheese slices or low-fat cheese sticks
Sliced turkey or other low-fat meat
Tomato or vegetable juice cocktail in single-serving cans
Ready-made hummus
Plain fat-free yogurt
Phases 2 and 3-all of the above, plus:

Low-fat plain yogurt
Nonfat artificially sweetened yogurt-limit to 4 ounces daily
Whole-wheat bread or whole-wheat English muffins
Berries (prepared the night before)
Sugar-free bran muffins (without raisins)-choose a small muffin and check the ingredient label for the fat content
Old 02-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #4  

Hi, I'm just in my first week of Phase I and I've found the quiche cups to be a life saver!! I made a batch on Sunday and put them in the freezer. Then for breakfast I nuke one or two then have it with a cup of skim milk and sometimes 1 or two slices of Canadian Bacon. Good Luck!
Old 02-05-2004, 01:18 PM   #5  

Thanks for the ideas folks! I'm going to print this list and take it with me to the grocery this weekend. I think I'll be OK everywhere else but as most people, those morning routines are very rushed! Anything grab and go - or make it Sunday night for the week is great! Thanks again fellow Beachers!
Old 02-05-2004, 01:22 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Becjo!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:29 PM   #7  

Smile

Welcome Becjo! You found a great place here.

I just finished up my first two weeks and - surprisingly enough - I survived without the pasta. I'm like you in that I am also a carb freak and don't eat much meat. I was quite worried about how I was going to do and what was I going to do for breakfast since it had to be portable. My normal breakfast was toast and fat free yogurt. I switched from yogurt to hard boiled eggs but kept the toast (I did switch to higher fiber and lower carb). It has worked very well for me. I managed to lose 6 pounds during the first two weeks.

Good luck to you!
Old 02-05-2004, 07:24 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome Becjo to the beach. I have eaten some weird things for breakfast. Like this morning I had a cheese string and left over roast. Sometimes I have eggs, or a banana split in half with peanut butter. ( that is not really legal but it is great and filling for a quickie breakfast) Good luck.
Closed Thread