South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 04:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Chat - Wednesday, January 14th

Ruth, I was sure you'd be up. I was awakened at 4:30 (your wake-up time) when something came back up the wrong way and I inadvertently inhaled it. Thought I was going to die.
I've just re-heated my rice pack. I thought I was up for the day, but it's really cold. I think I'll go back to bed for a wee bit.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Angry

Good Lord, Ellis! I hope you are OK!

Thanks so much, all of you, for the Birthday Wishes thread. This BD is a biggie. It's more scarey than turning 50, I'll tell you, but when you examine the alternatives......

Yes, it's really cold (-24F) and today is the day I need to lug the dump stuff out to the edge of the road. I'll put on several layers and wear DH's silly fur hat and just do it! I had planned to go out for dinner tonight to celebrate my BD but think we will just cozy in instead rather than brave tonight's cold.

I need to vacuum downstairs - not that K. is finished! At least the messy part is over. If he comes back today (truck may not start), there are just a few small jobs to be done. It's like having a "Honey Do" list for your DH except he does it and when you want to get rid of him, you just pay him! Works for me!

I'll be back later - need to do the chores.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:21 AM   #3  

Oh, I'm fine, thank you.
Ruth, where the heck is everyone!? Maybe they choked on something in the night...
What's with the Farenheit (sp?) stuff? We are Canadians!! It's -38C with the windchill. Going to be -43C. You'd better not go out.
What are you having for dinner? Have a lovely day, girl! (what are you? 60?)
Old 01-14-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Morning, everyone!

Ellis, I'm sorry you had to wake up so abruptly. Hope you're OK now. Maybe you need a little nap today sometime!

Ruthie, try to stay warm today on your birthday. Treat yourself to something special for dinner, and leave the vacuuming for a non-birthday day!

I've been OP and exercising for a week now. Doing a sort of modified Phase 1 and 1/2 since yesterday. I got on the scale today, and I've lost 3 of the 8 I had gained back since Thanksgiving! I am elated!!!
I've really felt like a slug long enough, and decided to do something about my attitude. DH and I are planning a month stay in our condo on Marco Island the whole month of February, and just the thought of myself in a bathing suit is incentive enough for me to either throw up or get with the program! I decided on the latter!

I'm off to the gym for a workout. Hey, did anyone besides me get that book I mentioned by Dr. A....The Good Carbs Good Fats Guide? It really is full of good information and a few nice changes.

Have a great day, and try to stay warm all you far Northerners!!
Sharon
Old 01-14-2004, 09:02 AM   #5  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hey!!!

Where is everybody today????? Wake up!!
Old 01-14-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Angry I'm here

Hi,

I'm here and very happy to read on another thread that sugar free low fat yogurt is okay during Phase I. I've been trying SB for 3 days and so far so good. I tend to be a lurker, not very chatty I guess.

Cassie
Old 01-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #7  

Default Hey There

I started SBD about 4 months ago. I haven't been here in awhile but thought I would drop in and see if some of you guys can help me out.. I am within a few pounds of goal and that is not my problem. It is that my colesterol has climbed from below 200 to 248... I guess that I will have to reevaluate the protiens I am going to eat... Too many cheese and red meat has done a number on me...Suggestions???
Joanne
Old 01-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #8  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hey guys...

Just thought I'd jump in here really quick. Been a hectic week at work after having 3 weeks off and then jumping into some major changes. Monday was really bad and I had a lousy day but things perked up yesterday afternoon and today is going great.

Still OP on both plans, wanted to cheat on Monday but stayed on track. My clothes feel looser but I am not going to weigh until Sunday, I want to give it a full week.

Everyone sounds like they are doing really well! Congrats!

I have to run, but I will be reading posts and jumping in to chat when I can.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:29 PM   #9  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Cassie, and Joanne!

Glad you joined us!

Regarding the high cholesterol.....maybe you should cut way back on the cheeses and red meats. Stick to the Phase 1 Foods To Enjoy of SBD, and really do only FF or LF when it comes to cheeses for a while and see if that helps. I hope that helps.
Again, Welcome!
Sharon
Old 01-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 8"

Lazy lazy lazy.....

Today is a mothers day out for my little one, since i didn't have any errands to run, I hopped in bed!!! I had a lovely nap...aaahhh...I am now doing some laundry so this whole day isn't lost!

I just ate, slept through my breakfast, I had some ham, an avocado with a little lemon juice and salt, half a cucumber with balsamic vinegarette...pretty good! I'm full!

I need to go to the store...I want fish for dinner and like to buy it the day I am going to eat it.

I need to look up a crockpot chili recipe, that sounds good too!

I will look for those tea variety packs when I go, still haven't tried my diet rite soda.

Ruth, have a good birthday..try to keep warm..It is 70 here today very unseasonal.

Looks like everyone is having a good OP day Glad to hear it!!!

Later!
Old 01-14-2004, 02:58 PM   #11  

Well, I typed a long post this morning and 'blip' lost it somehow. Grrr. So I am just popping in to say hello. Thanks for all the tea advice, and especially Ruth thanks for offering to post me some (I will make an exhaustive search for it before taking you up on that offer, but the offer is very touching), and Jennifer for the tip about health food shops. Ellis, your choking incident sounds scary - I hope you are feeling ok now.

I really have to take the computer apart now (I am avoiding it, but must get on with the job). Guess what has just happened? I have guests at the weekend, and I had prepared the guest room with the best duvet, the best linen ironed sheets and the best cover. I shut the door so that cats could not get in (my guest is allergic). I went to work. I got home from work, opened the bedroom door to find.........(this bit is gross)......the hugest pile of cat poo right in the middle of the bed and a huge pool (oceanic) of cat wee, and a sheepish looking cat. He had been under the bed when I shut the door..........And the poo - well, put it this way - constipation is not a problem for him. Oh dear. I am thinking I am going to have to buy a new duvet and cover actually - I will try and wash it, but I think it has to be a new one.

So there is my life. A bit of a disaster day. But I am still laughing.

Computer. Must do it now.
Love
Clovey.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:32 PM   #12  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Okay, Clovey wins for the worst mess of the day...sorry Ruth, but your Kevin mess just doesn't compare! Yuck! Double Yuck!

My heart goes out to Ellis and Ruth suffering through some terrible cold! And it doesn't matter a lick if you're celsius or farenheit....MINUS anything is just plain TOO COLD! Try and stay warm chickies! I have images of Ruth in Harry's silly fur hat....he he he!

Ruth, can I borrow Kevin when you are done with him? I have a "honey do" list as long as my arm, but a "honey" who can't "do!" Bless his heart, he tries, but when it comes to home improvement, I'm your man! I am off to the hardware store in a few minutes to try and figure out how to hang the lights that the company assured me where suitable for my sloped ceiling...but aren't! Of course since I ordered them online it isn't just a simple matter of running them back to the store. Arghhhh.

I think I'll stop by the grocery and see if I can find that Madagascar Red Vanilla tea...It sounds wonderful! Then I'll come home and see if the clumps of mud my dogs tracked in have dried so I can vacuum/mop. I live such an exciting life.

Have a great day, Chicks! Enjoy all the good food everyone but me seems to be cooking! Gotta get it in gear.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:07 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs down

Hi everyone:

Ellis: What a scary way to wake up. Do you have the head of your bed elevated? we have ours up on about 21/2" blocks and even tho' sometimes you feel like you might slide out of bed it does stop that reflux.

Ruth: Happy birthday. I think you are wise to be cozy inside. You can have a special celebration an a nice warm night. Is is 60? That's not bad. Wait until you get to the next plateau. But time marches on and not one thing to do about it except to enjoy every day.

I want to know which is worse to pig out on - Bridge Mix or Orville Redenbachers White cheesy Popcorn. I fell from grace last night, but paid for it this a.m. because you know what salt does to you. And white cheesy popcorn is salty.

We had out Mens' Appreciation lunch today, and the entertainment was a sexy young woman, doing vocal impersonations. She started by doing Marilyn Monroe. And the eyes popped. We laughed (the ladies who put on the lunch) because we were concerned that some of these 'old geezers' might get their blood pressure up too high.

We are on the countdown now for our cruise. Can hardly wait to go. It is time for some R&R.

Welcome to all our new gals on the beach, and hello to all of you 'oldsters' who have been around for a while. Lizzie
Old 01-14-2004, 09:47 PM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

This is me today. It has been the day from H@l*. First the water pipes as I told you at the community center broke. Then the plumber came to fix them today and more are broken then we thought. Had an emergency meeting and the President didn't show up. I really can't thake this stress. I think that I am going to resign. I hate to give up but it I think I am fighting a losing battle. The woman who is president just dosn't want to accept our help and now she is bad mouthing us to the whole neighbourhood. I just can't take it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Sorry girls I just had to vent. Happy Birthday Ruthie.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:56 PM   #15  

Hey, Lizzie. Actually, I'm on meds now for my reflux, and they work great, but I ran out a couple of weeks ago, and only started taking them again a few days ago.
Don't tell me you've been eating Bridge Mix!? I don't know what's worse... probably the Bridge Mix in the long run. LOTS of calories.

Franny, I'm the handy woman in the house, too. It's very empowering, but I would like to pass on a few duties.

Oh, lordy, Clovey. That's HORRIBLE, hon! Your poor cat must have been so embarrassed. Will you be telling your house guests this story?

Chaz, I had a nap today, too. Two hours this morning and four hours this evening! And I'm STILL tired! I think it's this cold weather and my chest cold...

Joanne, I agree with Sharon. Cut way back on the high fat stuff. South Beach is about eating the "right" fats. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Sharon, I haven't picked that book up yet. Hey, congrats on the 3 pounds, hon!! (thanks for suggesting I take a nap )

Hi Emily and Cassie!

Who's missing lately? Den, Whimsey, Sil (hugs for Sil and her Mom) , Sflake, Little Chick, Twodog...
love and hugs to all
Closed Thread