South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 11:40 PM   #1  

Default ricotta cheese... *almost* like chocolate mousse!

okay, so i'm on day 4 of SBD and i've been ending my day with the ricotta creme dessert suggested in the book. tonight i put some ricotta cheese (okay, i admit, i use more than the 1/2 cup recommended... i think i use about a full cup) along with some vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and a few teaspoons of confectioners sugar (yes... real sugar... i really really dislike the fake stuff)... whipped it up in a food processor and then let it chill in the fridge. it was almost like having chocolate mousse. delicious!

i know using actual sugar and using more ricotta than recommended goes against the rules, but i figure since i've cut out breads, pasta, rice and all other sugar, at least i can enjoy my ricotta creme :-)

just wanted to share!
Old 01-13-2004, 12:13 AM   #2  
it's always something

That sounds yummy

Have you tried Splenda? It's made from real sugar. I can't tell the difference, other than I use a little more splenda that most people. I don't detect the sweetness at the same strength as it is supposed to be. Other than that, though, it really is just like sugar.

My favorite way to eat the ricotta is with maple flavoring and chopped nuts (and splenda )
Closed Thread