South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 05:52 AM   #1  
Mous

Default An Anniversary letter to ME

Marcie dear,

Today as I looked at my calender I saw that I have been on the South Beach Diet for 4 months.

It is hard to believe that it has been this long.

Do I see results?
Yes, for example, I was walking next door VERY early in the morning to see my mom, and I had my PJ's on....well, as I was at her driveway they ALMOST fell off! If you were there you would have seen .......well, I won't say, but it was amazing and funny at the same time.

I can say that in the first 2 weeks I was a VERY good girl.
I did have headaches for 3 days, which concerned me as they really HURT! But, I was assured that they were normal and would go away.
AND they did.

Starting on Phase 2 was providing me with doubt, fear and apprehension.
What if I regain? What if I add in too much? What if I can't do this?

Some said to start slow, but I wanted to go GUNG HO!
And, I added in 3 different things.

Each of us are different. What works for one, won't work for others.

I think, for me, the idea of throwing out the word "diet" and replacing it with health is my BEST choice for me to do and to continue to do.

On a personal note, I do NOT follow this plan to the T.
If I choose to have something "white" I do and without guilt.
I have less and remember to add something to it. Balance is key. Good/Bad carbs....if you have to have it.

I also have something sweet, chocolate or cold (ice cream) if I choose, but only a few bites.

This is NOT meant for advice for YOU to do. It is a chat to ME, Marcie Elaine.

I can say that I don't exercise like most of you do.
I don't like it and I feel that I would be lying to myself if I started, did it for awhile then quit.

I do, however, use a stair stepper and walk farther, take stairs and do what I can to MOVE.

I have found that boredom is a major factor when it comes to my eating...or should I say wanting to eat.

I have been telling myself, "Do you really want this"? My answer is NO so I get a drink of water instead. If this doesn't work I get a SF or FF anything and eat that.

This doesn't mean that I don't OVER do it.....like with NUTS! for one.

Do I want what I shouldn't have? Much to my surprise I don't.
I think I do, but thinking healthy has really changed my way of thinking.

Do I feel deprived? No, because should I really want it, I will.

I have had to learn to forgive my guilt. Accept what things I do and then do it the way I have outlined for myself.

Can I keep this up?
I know that I will continue to make wise choices, eat breakfast and some snacks and remember the 3 bite rule.

I have never thought about the #'s on the scale this time around. My mantra has been Health is my goal and weight loss is my gift.

I have wondered where this weight and inches have gone.

Am I proud of myself. NO. Sounds odd, but I am not proud. I am, have, given up the pity parties, the poor me complex, the You did this to me. I have taken ownership of my actions.

I am happy that at age 51 I have finally looked in the mirror and decided to give Marcie another chance. This time knowing that I am in charge that I can't blame others, situations or find excuses for my behavior.

I thank you for providing me an outlet to express myself, to be honest and to know that I am not alone in this struggle.

My burdens have lessen, my joys have increased.
I am the butterfly......free and beautiful.

On this Anniversary day I feel better, know that I am healthier and that I CAN and WILL do this if I chose.

No need for congratulation's, Woo hoo's or compliments.

These are the words that I wanted to put pen to paper and tell ME what I should have said many years ago.

Marcie, you are what you eat, think and do.
It is up to you to make the changes.
It is up to you to look inside yourself and make sure that what you are doing is for the right reasons.

One day you will be PROUD of yourself. In the meantime, Marcie, continue to live life to its fullest, take time to appreciate the little things and remember to tell others that they are valued.

Until the next time,

Take care of yourself.

Marcie
Old 11-14-2003, 08:08 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Marcie I think there is something for everyone in your letter to yourself. I for one can relate to a lot of what you wrote.

You will be proud of yourself one day, but for now just know that WE are proud of you!!

Old 11-14-2003, 08:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy YOUniversary, Marcie! What a good idea!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Happy Anniversary, Marcie!
Good for you!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:47 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy Anniversary, Marcie.
As Sflake said , we are very proud of you because we know how difficult it can be honest with yourself and make healthy changes.
You are a great example for me, that I CAN and WILL do this. Thanks for your encouragement and wonderful words.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:36 PM   #6  

I so much enjoyed your words, Marcie. Thank you for sharing your joy with us.

Caroline
Old 11-14-2003, 06:33 PM   #7  
Believe it & Achieve it

marcie-

you are a wonderful inspiration for me! Congrats on your anniversary!

Here is to everyone's health and well-being! Cheers!
Old 11-14-2003, 06:33 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Marcie: Ditto all of the above. And so much you said to yourself, applies to us all, if we are truly honest. And I think that to make a success of this WOE we must be honest. Thank you. Lizzie
Old 11-16-2003, 03:13 PM   #9  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Grandma Marcie, congratulations on your YOUnniverary! You are such an amazing woman, and it comes through in all your posts. Thank you for being such an inspiration and positive role model for all of us.

Your adoring granddaughter,

Franny
Closed Thread