South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 05:57 PM   #1  

Question Any SBD Vegetarians? Help! Questions.

Hi all,

I'm new here -- been stopping by every once in awhile, but just started SBD (just started yesterday, so on Phase I).

I'm a vegetarian and would love to hear from other SBD veggie folks to hear how it's going for you, what's worked, what hasn't worked, how you get through the day when you're starving (what do you eat?), etc.

I'm a little confused about what I can and can't have -- I've seen "no soy" on Phase I, but that's pretty much all I can eat! And then I saw limitations on the amounts of certain meat substitutes to have in a day -- but is that TOTAL? For instance, if one type is limited, and another type is limited, can I have that limit for EACH or only ONE of the two limited foods in a particular day?

What about salad dressing? What's the best to go for?

And what about dairy? I don't eat much cow's milk, but ricotta and mozzarella are helpful when I can't have so much of my regular stuff. And what about soy milk, soy cheese, etc.?

Thanks for the help you're able to offer on any of my questions,
Em

Last edited by EmBlue; 10-08-2003 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:03 PM   #2  

Hi Em and welcome to the beach!!!

I admire what you're doing veggie-WISE and I'm sure you will find lots of support here! Lots of great, resourceful people and many, it seems, are also fabulous cooks!!! I'd love to help answer your question, but am a bit of a carnivor these days. If you get great responses I'd love to try any and all recipies! Have you checked out the recipie thread yet? The book also had a couple of vegan yummy ideas too! good luck and keep us all posted! Be sure to join us in the daily and chat and boot camp threads...
Old 10-09-2003, 03:16 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Em, welcome aboard! I'm afraid I don't know the specifics to your questions, either! I do use soy products for protein now but only because I can't chew anything! (orthodontics suck) So I use silken tofu in smooties and drink SF soy milk also. It doesn't seem to have caused me any problems.

Hopefully someone here will have some more specific input for you! Good luck!
Old 10-09-2003, 07:19 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Hi Em, I'm afraid I don't have any words of wisdom either, since I don't really know much about eating as a vegetarian. I just wanted to say HI and WELCOME!! I'm sure that someone will come along who can give you some great advice. That's the nice thing about this board, a diverse group of ladies posts here.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:42 PM   #5  

Thanks for the words of welcome and the suggestions! I'm going to check out the other areas to see what I can find out. I'm still a bit confused on things, and I don't want the confusion to cause me to go off plan so soon.

Take care,
Em
Closed Thread