3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   August/September Daily South Beach Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/323732-august-september-daily-south-beach-chat.html)

Muffin 08-14-2021 02:14 PM

Happy Saturday!
Not much planned for us either, we hired someone to work on our yard. We wanted to refresh the mulch and do a nice edge with bricks. We also want to plant some more flowers because the ones that we have don't look too good. It is raining now, so I don't think they will be able to finish everything today.
In the evening DS2 wants us to go to dinner at a Thai restaurant that we have been going to for years. I really like it but I don't think there will be too many choices to choose from. Their plates are very rich in flavor, so I'm pretty sure are very high in sodium too. I had breakfast at almost lunchtime so I skipped lunch. I just need to convince them to have an early dinner that way it won't be too heavy for my stomach. I weight in this morning and I was down 1lb, let's hope the scale stays down for my official weigh in on Monday :goodvibes

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

lisaward4 08-14-2021 03:50 PM

good afternoon ladies! havent tried intermittent fasting but would like to look into it. my motherinlaw does it along with southbeach and she is very slim. maybe something to look into after some time. muffin let me know how it is working out for you. its something ive thought of and heard about but never have tried. mjms-glad to hear about another low :)! keep it up girl! you got this! have a good evening ladies!

Muffin 08-15-2021 09:16 AM

Lisa- DH and I started with IF at the beginning of last year because our GI doctor recommended it. DH didn't make too many changes to his diet and he lost 40lbs in 5 months, what help him so much was that with IF he wasn't able to snack after dinner and he was only eating 3 meals a day. He also started eating more veggies and salads and fewer bad carbs. I started IF at the same time with him but I also started eating whole food plant-based diet. My diet was high on carbs and not animal protein, with no added sweets. In 3 months I lost 15lbs. After 3 months I was feeling very good but I made the mistake to start eating eggs and then fish in less than a month I was back to my old diet and I wasn't very consistent with my intermittent fasting.

The way I did the IF was (16 hours fasting and an 8-hour eating window (IF) to me it was really easy, I'm just really bad at consistency. I would stop eating at 5 or 6 pm and will go back to eat at 9 or 10 am. I'm not an evening snacker and I had always had dinner early so that was no a problem. My biggest problem is between lunch and dinner. If I'm not busy I start snacking or if the kids have a snack, I feel like I also have to do it too :shrug: Having the kids in the house all year was a really big trigger for me since they were snacking constantly. I also felt overwhelmed because I was cooking different meals all the time and I was the only vegetarian in the house. I'm hoping this time I can stick to it.

Yesterday we did go to the Thai restaurant and I ended up having the usual, Cashew Nut Meadly :hungry: This dish is full of veggies and it is served with Jasmin rice and I got mine with shrimp. I only had a few bites of the rice and I did eat all the veggies and shrimp. The scale this morning was up by almost a pound. I'm hoping is just the sodium and not that I eat too much :rofl:

Going off to finish getting ready for church and drink my coffee. I hope you all have a great Sunday.

MJMS 08-15-2021 10:30 AM

Happy Sunday! Hope that everyone is doing well. I had a good weigh in this morning and my weight is down another little bit. I am sure glad that the scale weighs in tenths of a pound, or it might seem like I was hardly making any progress since I am losing so slowly. Now, I just have to hope that it holds. That's the other tricky part!

Muffin, I am guessing that your pound up is the sodium in the Thai food. Drink your water today and you will have a great weigh in tomorrow! I can only imagine that having two teenage eating machines home all day last year made your eating plan almost impossible. Yikes! And why do men always lose so much more quickly than women? It surely isn't fair but it surely is nature's way. :mad:

Lisaward, good to hear from you! Interesting that your MIL combines SB and IF. Her being very slim does seem to be an endorsement to at least investigate it further. Of course, your 11 pounds down is pretty fabulous, too!

Have a great day, everyone! And anyone reading, please feel free to chime in and join us!

MJMS 08-17-2021 01:43 PM

Looks like the 3 Fat Chicks site was down yesterday evening and this morning and all the posts from yesterday seem to be gone. I tried to log in and got a database error message. I am so glad that it was just a glitch! My weight was down another smidge today, so I guess that we are going in the right direction even if it is slowly! Today is a grocery pickup and laundry. Don't be too jealous of the excitement! :rofl:

Hope things are going well, Muffin! I know those boys are keeping you busy, especially with your husband out of town.

Lisaward, did I see yesterday that you are down 19 pounds?!?! Wow! That is amazing! I think I may be down 19 tenths of a pound in that same amount of time! You go, girl!

I'm off to find some ibuprofen for my stupid jaw pain. I see the dentist tomorrow and hopefully she can help. Then it's laundry sorting. Have a great day everyone!

Muffin 08-17-2021 03:27 PM

MJMS, I also got the same error message last night and this morning. I see my post from yesterday was also deleted. Yay, that the scale was down today too. Jaw pain is not fun, I hope the ibuprofen helps you. Good luck at the dentist tomorrow.

Lisaward- congrats, 19lbs is awesome!

I'm still driving DS2 to school this week. Next week he should be back to his normal schedule so I'm hoping that he will be able to catch the bus in the morning. Fasting is going fine so far.

lisaward4 08-18-2021 08:40 AM

MJMS-hope you are feeling better. please keep us posted on how you are feeling.
Muffin-Your menus look great! you are doing amazing with the fasting.

after work i need to run to the store. i would like to get some nonfat greek yogurt and some berries. also some shrimp( i have a problem lol!!), veggies etc. going to hit the gym tonight and either swim or take a spin class. i need to try to get my rear end up at 5 to work out in the morning. there is a spin class tomorrow morning at 545 that i might try but not sure if i can get my butt in gear. thing is by the time i get home from work get dinner going and my workout done, my evening is shot. will try to get up earlier and get it done.

GDRileyX 08-18-2021 01:07 PM

Soup question?

I got fresh chicken at the store, and froze some. I froze left-over chicken. At the end, I made the leftovers into broth, and then split pea soup in a pressure-cooker. Can I freeze some soup, or will that be a third time freezing the same same chicken?

MJMS 08-18-2021 05:09 PM

:welcome2: GDRileyX! I am really not sure about whether you could freeze your soup. It seems to me that you could food safety-wise, since you must have heated it up to a high enough temperature in the pressure cooker, but I don't know if it would affect the taste or texture or not. I wish I could give you a definitive answer. Sorry to not be able to help more.

Muffin 08-18-2021 07:40 PM

:wave: GDRileyX :welcome3: I had always freeze some of my leftover soups even if I had used frozen chicken without a problem.

MJMS- How was your visit to the dentist, I hope you are feeling better.
Lisaward- I hope you make it to spin class tomorrow.

I wake up this morning with a lingering headache. I didn't have any coffee yesterday so I thought maybe it was due to that. I decided to have coffee with breakfast but I still have the headach :frypan: :bomb: I did read that sometimes when you start fasting you could get headaches but it should go off in a few days. I just don't remember getting any last time.

MJMS 08-19-2021 09:23 AM

Good Thursday Morning! How is everyone today? Thank you for the well wishes about my jaw pain. The dentist worked on my bite and it is feeling much better this morning. She said that since there is inflammation there that it may take a few days for all the pain to go away. But she said come back if I need to. She also said that if it continues that I might need some kind of mouth guard at night and she can help with that, too. Or I could try an over the counter one first. I am just happy to be a bit better and have that visit over with! They are wonderful there but I am just a long time phobic when it comes to dental stuff. On the weight front, mine is up again a little bit. My usual pattern. I KNOW that I didn't eat anywhere near enough to have a gain, in fact, I thought I might see a loss. So it will be water and keep on keeping on!

Muffin, I am so sorry to hear that you have a headache! I hate them. I wonder if it is all that tropical weather from Henri passing by from Bermuda? I guess it is heading up the east coast soon, but they are thinking closer to New England than here in the MidAtlantic states. Check your water drinking, too. Sometimes if we are dehydrated a little bit it can trigger a headache. I hope that by now you are feeling better and it is a distant memory. You have too much going on to have time for a headache!

Lisaward, yes, how was your spin class? My daughter used to go to spin at Orange Theory and absolutely loved it! She would sweat like crazy and burn so many calories. She has a spin bike at home now since the pandemic and does classes online and still loves it. 5 AM would be really, really tough for me! (Hah, and the spin class, too) I salute you!:ebike:Yum, shrimp! It's so tasty and so low in calories, too.

GDRileyX, what did you decide to do about your soup? Was it as yummy as you hoped? Come back and join us for a chat when you can.

Have a Terrific Thursday, everyone! We are getting close to the weekend. Hang in there!

Muffin 08-19-2021 03:55 PM

Headache was gone this morning. I did wake up super hungry, probably because I didn't eat much yesterday. I only fasted for 14 1/2hrs because I had some errands to run this morning and didn't want to skip breakfast. Cravings today are super high, I'm so glad we are out of chocolates because I have probably eaten all of them today :yes:

MJMS- Glad to hear that everything went well at the dentist. I hope the inflammation goes down soon.

I need to keep myself busy, so going to have a cup of coffee and work on my crochet while I watch some Netflix. I'm stronger than my cravings.

MJMS 08-20-2021 10:11 AM

It's a rainy Friday morning here. We've had some pretty good downpours the last few days, too with the remnants of tropical storms passing through. I need to get some house cleaning done, so maybe it's a good thing! My weight is up again this morning. Remind me not to eat pickles. Nothing but little salt bombs! Normally they are not something I eat much so I don't know why I did it yesterday, but now the scale has given me a stern message not to do it again! Water, water and more water...:spin:

Yay for your headache being gone, Muffin! Great idea to grab a coffee and use crochet to fight the cravings. 14 1/2 hours sounds like a pretty good fast to me! Hope that today is a little easier. Some days are just hard, aren't they? Be strong! :strong:

Hi Lisaward! Have a great day everyone!

Muffin 08-21-2021 09:03 AM

Happy Saturday :sunny:I had a busy day yesterday and totally forgot to post :nono:

MJMS- I've been craving some but forgot to buy them last time I was at the store. You are right they are a salt bomb that we need to stay away from. I hope your weight is down again today.

This week I have been doing good, so far the scale is down 2lb. However, my official weigh-in is Monday and weekends are really hard for me. Today is supposed really hot and humid (heat index in the 110s) so we might just stay home. I might make time and start organizing my photo files :rolleyes:

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

MJMS 08-22-2021 08:52 AM

Good Sunday Morning!
I hope everyone will be safe that is in the path of Hurricane Henri! Here it is hazy and incredibly humid with possible thunderstorms later. We are supposed to be in the 90's and humid this week. Yuck! But better than a hurricane with possible damage and no power.

The scale and I are not friends today. We had a birthday party for the just turning 3 grandson yesterday. I had a modest piece of cake but also had pizza. The pizza serving was reasonable, but for some reason I came home and dived into a box of wheat thins. So not good and the scale reflects the salt and carbs. Time to straighten up and have some healthy, lower salt foods and get moving!

Muffin, I am excited about your two pounds! Yes, the weekends are so much harder! Maybe staying home and out of the heat while working on your photo project will keep you focused away from eating. How is your crochet project coming? I tried to learn to crochet back in the day, but I wasn't too successful. Maybe I should think about trying again. I see some cute things in magazines or on Pinterest that might be fun to work on. Not being able to eat and crochet at the same time would be a good thing for me!

Lisaward, hope you are doing okay and not worrying about bad weather!

Everyone have a great Sunday! If you are reading this, feel free to jump in and say hello! :yes: