South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/172.4/140

Wink August/September Daily South Beach Chat

Welcome to the August/September 2021 Beach Chat! Please feel free to post about your journey on the South Beach Diet, no matter what version you are following
Here is the link to our last chat from June/July 2021
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sou...ly-2021-a.html
MJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:31 PM   #2  

Today's weigh in was not stellar. I was up a little bit again. I am not sure why, other than maybe sodium. I got a really nice walk in last night and I hopped on the recumbent bike this morning. So, maybe I will show a nice loss at the end of August when I drop the water weight and a few more pounds of fat! I sure am going to try!
Have a great Sunday, everyone! Plan something fun and relaxing for at least a bit today!
Old 08-01-2021, 08:28 PM   #3  

Good evening everyone!!

Mjms- one thing i admire about you is that you never quit. You are always here posting and working at it. Please join us in the exercise and food threads. It helps me. I need the accountability. What i do need is to follow your example and keep at it. I also need to post no matter what like you do!! Awesome job on the bike workout. How are you liking it so far?

Muffin-how are you? What have you been up to today?

This morning went to the gym and worked out on the treadmill at the gym. Then went right to church and volunteered in the nursery. Really enjoyed it. Other than that it has been an uneventful day. Finished up the mermaid tail i am working on for my granddaughter for chirstmas. I have a baby shower at the end of this month so now i am starting a baby blanket. Spending the rest of the evening relaxing with hubby. Have a good night everyone!!
lisaward4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:38 AM   #4  

Good Monday, Everyone! The scale inched back down again today, but not enough to get to my newest low. It better start behaving soon or it may find itself in the trash can, lol! Although that may make it think that it won and we can't have that happen! I got in another walk like night, but my legs were achy in the night, so I may need to take it a little easier today.

Thank you, Lisaward. I know that if I post I do better thinking about my food choices and how much moving I am doing. Putting it down in black and white makes it harder to ignore. I am hoping that this time, even though the loss is very slow, that I won't give up and this time it will stick. I want to not only lose, but keep it off. I also find that even though I obsess about the scale weight, if I don't weigh, that's a sign that I am on that slippery slope where I have given up and I am probably gaining. That's usually why I give up on the scale. I know I am sliding and I don't want to face it. Thanks for inviting me to the exercise and food threads, but I think that right now, this is what I can manage to post.

Muffin, I hope you had a great vacation!
Old 08-03-2021, 08:24 AM   #5  

Today the scale gods granted me a new low. That's the lowest reading I have had since I got my scale in August of 2014! I was lower than that when I first did the SB diet. I was down to 37.5 pounds less than this weight in 2004. I had maintained my loss for quite a long time then, but then I gradually packed on the pounds, overeating and eating too much of the wrong things with too little exercise. I let myself be consumed by my work and my family and ate my stress. I don't regret the family stuff, but with hindsight, I do wish I had taken care of me more and worried about work less. Ah well, I can only do what I can do now and that will have to be to do better! I also know that when I get these bumps lower, I bump back up a bit before it gradually settles back down, so I need to keep the faith and keep going.

Muffin and Lisaward! Hope you are both having a great Tuesday! And anyone else reading, please feel free to join in!
Old 08-03-2021, 05:36 PM   #6  

mjms-so proud of you for the new low !!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE POSTS FROM YOU ABOUT MORE WEIGHT LOWS. FANTASTIC NEWS!!

MUFFIN-HOW ARE YOU DOING? HOW HAVE YOU BEEN FEELING?

SORRY I DIDNT POST YESTERDAY. HUBBY AND I DID A YOGA CLASS TOGETHER. I AM SO HORRIBLY STIFF. MY FLEXIBILITY STINKS. IT WAS HARD GETTING THRU IT BUT I DID. INSTRUCTOR STATED IT GETS BETTER AS YOU DO MORE CLASSES. MAYBE IT WAS GOOD I PUT THE PIYO ON HOLD. MONDAY NIGHT IS DEFINTELY YOGA NIGHT FOR US. WE ARE ALSO THINKING OF DOING IT AT HOME ONE OR TWO NIGHTS A WEEK IN ADDITION TO THE MODAY CLASS. FLEXABILITY ON THE BOTH OF US IS THAT BAD!!! THERE ARE TONS OF YOGA CLASSES ON YOUTUBE THANKFULLY!! THE GYM ONLY HAS YOGA 2X A WEEK. ONE IS DURING THE DAY AND ONE IS MONDAY NIGHT. WITH WORKING, BEST TO DO SOME AT HOME.

TONIGHT I WILL BE WATCHING MY GRANDBABIES. DAUGHTER CALLED LAST MINUTE. TODAY I WILL BE DOING AN INDOOR WALKING WORKOUT INSTEAD OF THE GYM. HOPING TO HAVE A BETTER AUGUST WEIGHT WISE. JUST HAVE TO KEEP AT IT.

THIS WEEKEND WE ARE GOING CAMPING. I HAVE MEALS PLANNED FOR MYSELF FOR THE WEEKEND. MY SISTER HAS FREE WIFI ON HER VEHICLE SO I PLAN ON BRING MY LAPTOP SO I CAN POST. NO GYM THIS WEEK END BUT I WILL HAVE THE OPTION OF SWIMMING, HIKING, AND OTHER OUTDOOR OPTIONS.

HOPE BOTH YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL DAY AND DOING WELL!!
Old 08-04-2021, 08:56 AM   #7  

Well, just as I predicted it might, the darn scale bounced up. A whole pound! What's up with that?!?! And yesterday was a good eating and exercise day. I should have been rewarded with a pound drop, LOL! Oh, well. We shall see what tomorrow brings. It's still not up above my former lowest recent low, so there's that. And the weather here has been lovely! Not too hot and cooling off nicely in the evening. Kind of early fall weather, but much too early. But I am enjoying it!

Lisaward, good for you and your hubby for pursuing the yoga! What nice support that you have him going to the gym with you. I think you are wise to try to add a couple of workouts in between your Monday classes. Isn't it great how many workouts and things are available online? How did babysitting go? So good that you were able to help your daughter out. How old are your grandchildren? Excellent job planning ahead for your camping weekend! You are planning to be SUCCESSFUL!

Muffin! Are you back from your trip yet? How was it?

Happy Hump Day, everyone! Wishing you and a Beachy Day!

Old 08-04-2021, 05:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Hi I'm back!

We weren't able to use the beach a lot due to the red tide but we still manage to have a wonderful time. The weather was kind of crappy, with lots of rain and super hot and humid. We spent most of the time at the hotel pool We relaxed and recharged and we also ate way too much. We drove back this afternoon and I'm ready to get back on track. To tell you the truth I'm really scared to step on the scale tomorrow, I kept my meals as low carb as possible but we ate a lot of seafood (I'm pretty sure it was high in fat and sodium) and had lots of margaritas

Lisaward- thanks for starting the new threads. That is so nice that your husband is also doing Yoga with you. There are a lot of YT channels that have free yoga classes one of my favorites is Yoga with Adriene. How nice that you are making a blanket for your granddaughter. Do you knit or crochet?

MJMS- Sorry to hear that you gain a whole pound. You have been walking and doing the bike, your gain could be due to your muscle inflammation which is normal. The more you work them out the less inflammation you will get.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:51 AM   #9  

Good Thursday Morning!
Today is going to be a weird eating day. My hubby has a colonoscopy tomorrow morning, so it's all liquids for him today. I won't want to eat in front of him and make it harder, so I will be trying to stealth eat. Maybe that will help me to eat less? That would probably be good! My weight was back down the pound this morning. I hope it sticks! But I tend to bounce around a lot before it settles lower.

Hi Lisaward! From your menus, it sounds like you are doing a great job working your plan. And along with your exercise, you should be reporting some new lows very soon! And yes, tell us more about your mermaid tail and your baby blanket! Maybe you can post a picture of the final products?

Welcome back, Muffin! I'm sorry to hear that the beach was full of red tide and that you had rain. Such a bummer! But it sounds like you still found lots of fun and relaxation, so that was terrific to hear! Don't be too afraid of the scale. It is just information so that you know what to plan to do next. You were on vacation, after all. Just get back on plan and keep going!

Find some fun today, drink your water, get a little movement in and have a terrific Thursday, everyone!

Old 08-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #10  

I was surprised when I stepped on the scale this morning, I showed that I was down 2lbs. I thought it was broken so I asked the rest of the family to weigh themselves to make sure it was working. The boy's weight was the same, DH was up to 5lbs and for me, it kept reading down 2lbs. I think it has to do that when I weight in last week I was with leg pain and a lot of inflammation. I will see if the scale gods are still in my favor tomorrow since DH wanted Chinese and that is what we have for dinner.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #11  

just doing a quick post. we are leaving for camping this afternoon. i have everything set to go. packed their snacks plus my healthy stuff. not going to worry about activity much as there is swimming, hiking, etc..hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. will try to post if i can
Old 08-06-2021, 09:25 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone,
Late check-in for me. Hubby had his colonoscopy this morning and everything went really well. All healthy, thank goodness! I didn't end up weighing today as we had to be up and out early. Food wasn't so hot today and no exercise. Tomorrow will need to be water and lots of veggies! One thing I learned from his prep was how almost filling drinking warm broth can be. Lots of taste but practically no calories. You have to watch the sodium, though if you are drinking it as a diet aid. I need to remember it when I am foraging around looking for something.

Muffin, what great news about your weight! I bet your seafood dinners had less calories than you estimated and I bet you burned a good amount of calories swimming, not to mention that getting some good sleep and relaxation can help weight loss. I hope the Chinese food was good and that it doesn't bump the scale back up. Lots of times it can be full of salt.

Lisaward, I hope your camping trip is wonderful and that you have great weather! Let's all have a super weekend!
Old 08-06-2021, 10:19 PM   #13  

MJMS- I'm so glad to hear that everything went well with your husband's colonoscopy.
Lisaward- I hope you have a great time camping!

I had my 2nd vaccine yesterday, today I was feeling a bit tired and with a lingering headache. I did manage to clean the house but I was exhausted in the afternoon so I took 1hr nap. I weigh in this morning and my weight was the same.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:08 PM   #14  

Good morning,

The scale gods were happy with me this morning and I was down another pound I had a well-rested night and my energy levels are much better today. We don't have anything plan for this weekend so we will probably stay home.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:24 PM   #15  

Saturday Hello!
My weight was up slightly, but not too much. I'll take it! Slow getting going today for some reason. I did a couple of little jobs, but not a lot of ambition. I think the news is getting to me again. So many people getting sick with covid. So many young ones, including kids. Things are not feeling so safe again like they were a couple of months ago. It's scary.

Muffin, I think you did great with your weigh in staying the same after vacation! I know we always want a drop but being able to maintain is important, too. I'm glad you had your second dose of vaccine. Being tired with needing a nap and having a headache are pretty common reactions and much more preferable than getting covid! Your state is just exploding with cases. Ours is creeping up, too, along with most of the rest of the country. I hope we see some turnaround soon!

We are heading back into the 90's again all next week. Too bad. I was enjoying those 80 degree days and cooler evenings and mornings. It was starting to feel a little like fall, but I guess looking at the calendar it's too soon. Although all the stores have had back to school stuff for a while and now they are featuring Halloween and Christmas. Yikes! Don't rush me!

Tags
weightlossmotivation