3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   South Beach June/July 2021 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/323280-south-beach-june-july-2021-a.html)

MJMS 06-01-2021 08:39 AM

South Beach June/July 2021

Hi Beachers!
:welcome3: Welcome to the June/July 2021 South Beach support thread! :beach:
Join us here to give and get support daily on the South Beach Diet whether you are following the older Supercharged South Beach plan or the newer South Beach Keto plan. Everyone is welcome to join us on this daily chat thread!

MJMS 06-01-2021 08:48 AM

Happy Tuesday! I have to remember that today is Tuesday, even though it feels like a Monday. The scale was still being friendly, even after a very nice Memorial Day yesterday. The weather was delightful, the company was wonderful and the food was delish, even if it wasn't all Beachy! I didn't do too badly, though. Today it is back on full plan with lots of water and veggies.

Muffin, I hope that your hubby's birthday BBQ was great! And Syckgirlsfv, I hope your weekend was wonderful, too! And that Maral427, CrystalBelle and anyone else reading hops on and joins us with an update!

MJMS 06-02-2021 09:02 AM

Happy Hump Day! Yesterday was a little tough. I was tired all day and fighting a sinus thing, so I didn't want to prep meals or eat properly. I hate those kinds of days! Today will be better. I had better sleep and that always helps. The scale is still going down very slowly, but down. So that's good, too. It gives me hope that I haven't gone too far off track and I can keep moving forward. Today I MUST work on prepping veggies and other healthy foods.

What's happening in your world? It seems like it was mostly spammers around yesterday. That so stinks :spammer: ! I hope everyone is doing well and that life slows down enough for a drop in and a chat! :cofdate: I'm off for more coffee and to get to those veggies prepped!

Muffin 06-02-2021 09:04 AM

:?:I know I posted yesterday in this thread, I wonder what happened :sklol::shrug:

Good morning, happy Wednesday! The weekend was great but we indulged too much, I was surprised to see the scale down yesterday. Yesterday was Hubby's birthday and as per his request, I baked him an orange cake. I did enjoy a piece of cake with a cup of coffee for my afternoon snack :coffee2: for lunch I had leftover grilled Mahi-mahi with veggies and dinner was a salad.

I wake up at 6 am this morning full of energy, I drank my celery juice, exercise, and now having a scrambled egg with tomatoes and green onions with a cup of coffee. For lunch, I'm planning on making Garbanzo with chicken and I might add some carrots and spinach. Dinner will be a salad.

This is my 3rd week in SBD, I'm not sure if I should stay another week on PH1 since I was off plan all weekend. I might just do a sort of phase 1.5 for a week of two and then move to phase 2.

MJMS- I'm glad you had a great weekend with your family. Hope your week is going great too!

MJMS 06-02-2021 01:15 PM

Muffin, good for you for losing during a very challenging weekend! It sounds like you have a great day all planned out. I think that if you are not having cravings, heading into Phase 1.5 or even easing into Phase 2 is a great idea. Phase 1 does get kind of limited after a while, that's for sure. And all the summer fruit is too nice to miss! :flow1:

MJMS 06-03-2021 08:37 AM

Thursday already? That means it is almost Friday and the weekend. Yay! :woohoo:
Yesterday was another hungry day. I don't know what's up with that, but it is annoying. I think I had better look at what I am eating and see if I am either eating less than I think or letting some/too many things into my diet that are triggering me. I had a nice walk yesterday at dusk. It actually felt a little cool when we started out but I think that will be the last day that it happens for a good long while. We are heading for the 90's by the weekend. I think this was a cool front that brought some rain.

Right now, I have some cards and letters that I need to get ready and send out. Also some birthday gifts to wrap for the oldest grandson. He is turning 4. Yikes! It seems like he was just born. My grandsons are one of my big incentives for losing this weight. I want to be able to play actively with them and not watch from the sidelines. I won't say keep up with them because no one except their playmates can do that, lol!

Have a great Beachy day Muffin, Syckgirlsfv and anybody else reading! Join us when you can!

MJMS 06-03-2021 08:47 AM

Hope you found us, Syckgirlsfv! Great job on exercising every day including weights! I am betting that you have a little water weight right now that will be gone very soon. I didn't see the almond tortillas when I was at Costco the last time, but you are making me want to try them. Although, I am okay with the white whole wheat hamburger buns that I have been getting. The calorie count is only 140 and they are all whole grain. Tasty, too. But you can't wrap a lot of goodies like vegetables up in them like a wrap or tortilla. Yes, I will definitely have to look for the tortillas!

MJMS 06-04-2021 08:17 AM

Boo! The scale inched back up a bit today! My dinner did have soy sauce in it and even though it was the lower sodium kind, it still packs a bunch of salt and water retention. I still have leftovers, so tomorrow might not be a great weigh-in, either. Maybe Sunday's weigh-in? Extra water will help, too.

We had some nasty thunderstorms roll through here late yesterday afternoon and evening, so no walk last night. It's still drizzly and gray this morning. I'll either see if it clears up or head out anyway. Other than that, only a few must do's today, so that's nice. Food is pretty well taken care of. I'll probably have eggs this morning, I have a salad prepped for lunch and my leftovers for supper. I have some yellow squash to sauté and and a couple of artichokes to steam, too. So I should be good with the veggies and on plan.

What's happening on your Beach blanket today? Whatever it is, I hope it's a good one!

Syckgirlsfv 06-04-2021 11:57 AM

good morning! :wave: not much to report but scale is in the 165 range still...however, I did drink a lot on Monday so I'm sure that's it. I will do a step workout during lunch today since I'm working at home.

so far just coffee :coffee2: I'll make a flax/cottage cheese pancake here shortly! Probably make a salad for lunch with bbq chicken and not sure about dinner yet, but camping tomorrow! It's going to be triple digits in the desert so hopefully sweat out the water LOL :rofl: there will be drinks! :cheers:

MJMS 06-05-2021 07:08 AM

Good Saturday Morning! I hope everyone is able to do just what they want to do today. I am heading to the oldest grandson's 4th birthday party today. I can't believe that he is already 4! It should be a lot of fun and except for the birthday cake, which will probably be ice cream, the food should be manageable, too. I hope so anyway!
Syckgirlsfv, I hope your camping trip is a blast and that you don't melt! Yes, drink that water for sure!
:wave: Muffin! Hope your weekend is going great! And hello to everyone else reading, too!

Muffin 06-05-2021 08:30 PM

Good evening, I been struggling since Thursday :rolleyes: I been having lots of cravings and haven't met any of my goals :cry: I'm up 1lb. I don't think it was a good idea to move up to Phase 1.5, it is clear that I wasn't ready yet. I need to get all these cravings under control, so I'm back to PH1.

MJMS- Happy birthday to your grandson, I hope you had a good time celebrating!
Syckgirlsfv- I hope you are having fun camping.

MJMS 06-06-2021 08:16 AM

Oy! I am up 2.5 lbs this morning from yesterday! I KNOW that most if not all of it is water, but geez. I didn't take the water pill that is part of my blood pressure medicine yesterday since we were going to be riding in the car for over 3 hours to get to the birthday party and the birthday lunch was pizza along with tex-mex dip and tortilla chips. Sooo off plan! Not to mention the birthday ice cream cake. I wasn't being serious about my food or I would have planned to stay OP. The funny thing was, my scale did not record my weight this morning. Sometimes that happens when there is an update to the computer or the wifi is wonky. Maybe a blessing? But I saw the number and there is no denying it in my fingers, either. Back to it today along with water, water and more water!

Syckgirlsfv, I thought yesterday was hot in the low 90's but you probably beat that by a lot in the desert camping. Although, the expression is that it's a dry heat there, hot is hot! Hopefully it cooled off enough at night for you to get some good sleep, though. I hate trying to sleep when I am hot. I think I am probably a wimp.

Muffin, I am so sorry that you are struggling. Cravings are awful. They can be so strong and they make you feel weak, like it's your fault, but remember it's not. I remember trying to do this with kids living at home and especially boys with their metabolisms. It's a million times harder with off plan food around and other people eating it in front of you. You have done it before and you can do it again, though. It sounds like you have a good plan to head back to phase 1 and kick those cravings to the curb!

Here is to a good on-plan day for all of us and the beginning of a great on-plan week! We can do this :jig:!

MJMS 06-07-2021 08:25 AM

Blah, my weight is still up 2 pounds from my low last week. I KNOW I didn't eat enough extra to probably even cause a couple of ounces of weight, much less 2 pounds. And my fingers still feel puffy so it has to be water or whatever but it is still discouraging. Oh, well. There's nothing to do but keep to the plan and work through it. But I still want to :tantrum:! Maybe I should? It would be exercise, lol!

Heading to 93 and humid today, too. :hot: And the cicadas are flying about and landing everywhere. We still don't have as many as some parts of Maryland, where they are covering the sidewalks and dive bombing you when you walk. They were also dive bombing the windshield of our car Saturday driving down the highway. It is sooo icky! They are big and they splat and leave stickiness that the wipers can't wash off very well. They are still people touting cicada cuisine and cookies around here, too. I don't know if they are beachy, but I don't intend to find out!

So that's me today. What's happening on your South Beach blanket today? Hope that your Monday isn't too bad and that the scale gods are looking favorably on you! Have an extra glass of water on me!

Muffin 06-07-2021 08:22 PM

Good evening! Today I was able to stay on plan, but I wasn't too active. I had a podiatrist follow up, He still thinks surgery is what I need. If I do surgery I won't be able to put wait on my foot for 2 months. I refused the cortisone shot, I don't get why they keep pushing it :mad: I already got two this year and didn't help.
I weigh in this morning and was up 2lbs so I'm back to my starting weight :tantrum: I need to drink more water and be more active tomorrow.

MJS- Sorry that the scale also went up for you. It was also super hot here in FL but to my surprised, it wasn't too humid. My husband was telling me about the cicadas, eww.

MJMS 06-08-2021 07:26 AM

Happy Tuesday!
My weight is down another pound but still up from before the weekend. I hope that means I am getting there sooner rather than later. It goes up so quickly and comes down so slowly. Grrr!

Muffin, I am so sorry to hear about your foot! Not being able to put weight on it for 2 months after the surgery is a long time! I can understand why you would not want to do that. I have never had cortisone shots but it sounds like this doctor is not listening to you very well. Like you say, if you have had them twice and they didn't help, why would you want a third one? Maybe a second opinion would bring some clarity or an alternative solution? I'm sorry that your weight is up, too. It is so hard not to get discouraged, isn't it? But it is great that you weighed in. I find I avoid weighing in when I suspect I have gained and that is never a good thing. The only way to stop the slide for me is to face the scale. And if you are having foot pain, I can understand why exercising is so difficult.

Yes, the cicadas are sooo gross! And they leave their exoskeletons behind and they crunch if you step on them. Eww, eww, eww! And the hotter the temperature, the louder they are. Most people around here are not enjoying them!

Syckgirlsfv, I bet it was hard getting back into the swing of things yesterday, but I hope your camping trip was fun!

Everybody have a Terrific Tuesday! Jump right in and chat!