3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   South Beach June/July 2021 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/323280-south-beach-june-july-2021-a.html)

MJMS 06-29-2021 04:44 PM

Syckgirlsfv, ugh about the UTI. They are just plain misery. Even if you don't have a lot of pain they make you lethargic and leave you feeling ick all over. I hope the meds kick in fast! You have to feel better for you anniversary trip. Congratulations! :val2:

I have been on statins for a long time. I don't remember any weight gain associated with taking them. I take the generic form of Zocor. I do have to take CoQ10 with it. Otherwise, I sometimes get muscle pain in my legs but if I take it, I have no problems at all and my cholesterol levels have been good. I think I vaguely remember having some intestinal upset when I first started but it went away fairly quickly and I haven't had any since.

BTW, good luck getting the doctor to forgo the weigh in. I think the weigh in is a bigger deal at my current doctor and the one I had before I moved here than even getting my payment, LOL! It always feels like to me that the sun rises and sets on my weight! :rolleyes:

Muffin 06-29-2021 05:07 PM

Good afternoon everyone :wave: The trip was good but as I was expecting my weight is up (3lbs) I'm pretty sure is mostly water weight. My ankles, hands, and face are very puffy. We stayed by the beach but we weren't able to enjoy it much because it rained a lot. Everything was great at the family reunion and the boys had a lot of fun with their cousins. I got bitten by sandflies :df:on my legs and they were so itchy and painful. I read antihistamines were good for sandfly bites, so today I took an Allegra and so far the itchiness is gone :cb:

I have been drinking lots of water to help flush all the sodium and alcohol from my body, in hopes the scale might also go down :rofl:food wise still not on PH1, my fridge is pretty empty. For breakfast today I had a green smoothie. For lunch, I had Colombian beef empanadas (fried beef turnovers) with coffee and a splash of milk I was planning on going to the supper market after DS1 driving class but it was raining really hard, so I might go later tonight.

MJMS- Slowly is better than the scale not moving at all. I know you will work the plan.
Lisaward- The yogurt parfait :T:hungry: I need to try it!
Syckgirlsfv- Years ago, DH's doctor told him that with a low-fat, low sugar diet, cardio, and taking Omega 3 he was able to stay away from the statins. He did the changes and his numbers went down, but in the end, he had to take the meds. He got too confident and went back to his old habits and stopped exercising. Last year he started making changes again and lost 40lbs, all his numbers are back to normal, but his doctors don't want to take him out of his cholesterol meds. Someone told me that once you start taking statins you have to keep them, I'm not sure if this is true, though.

MJMS 06-30-2021 11:07 AM

Happy Hump Day! Weight is still going down s-l-o-w-l-y. Up is so fast and down is so slow. What gives with that? :dizzy: I have some lovely romaine prepped, so salad will be on the menu on this hot day. I think the high heat (98 degrees) is supposed to bring wicked thunderstorms tonight as it cools off. The weather is looking iffy for fireworks this weekend. I hope that changes. So many towns are trying to do a 4th of July fireworks celebration after not having any last year. I suppose that most of them have rain dates planned, but still.

Welcome back, Muffin! I'm glad your trip was good. Sand fly bites are so irritating. Glad the Allegra helped. I find that Allegra doesn't make me sleepy like Zyrtec and Xyzal, do. Yes, once you get a good grocery shop in and continue with your water, your weight will drop. Traveling is always good for water weight gain, it seems, no matter where you go or how you travel.

Syckgirlsfv, hope you are continuing to be on the mend! Hello to everyone reading and wishing you a great, on plan day! Stay cool!

MJMS 07-01-2021 07:41 AM

:welcome3:to July, everyone! June sure went by quickly! My weight ended up exactly where I started at the beginning of June. Sigh. It's much better than a gain, but obviously not what I had hoped for. I was seeing almost 2 pounds lower for a bit this month. I really need to buckle down on the wayward snacks and increase the exercise if the scale is going to move. I have been waiting for a hoped for price drop on the recumbent bike I have been eyeing, but if it doesn't go down this weekend, I will just bite the bullet and order it. My walks have been being neglected because of the heat and I really need something more low impact to do until my weight drops some more to be kind to my joints.

In the meantime, onward and downward! Have a fabulous July everyone and post when you can!

Muffin 07-01-2021 08:24 PM

Happy 1st of July, I hope you all had a great day!

The scale was down today 1.5lbs :carrot: I thought I was going to end June with a 6lb loss but 1.5lb is better than nothing. I have a lot of weight to lose, so I need to make sure that I stay on track and that I'm consistent. I need to stop making excuses and get the work done.

July goals:
  • lose 5lbs
  • 10K steps daily
  • Commit 100% to Phase 1
  • Exercise 45mins to 1hr 5 days per week
I stayed on plan today but did not exercise.

MJMS- I do hope you get a good deal with the recumbent bike. I'm also struggling with my walks, it is way too hot and humid.

MJMS 07-02-2021 07:59 AM

TGIF, everyone!
Woke up at 4:00 am this morning and could not fall back asleep. All my usual little tricks to make it happen just didn't work. I finally just got up around 5. I am too tired to be very productive but not tired enough to go back to sleep. Rats. At least I can nap if I want to this afternoon. I know I am lucky that I can, as most people have to press on with their responsibilities. I didn't weigh yet today, as hubby is still sleeping and I don't want to take a chance and wake him. I may just skip it until tomorrow since I have already been drinking coffee.

Congratulations on the 1.5 pounds for June, Muffin! Your 1.5 sure beats my nothing! Consistency and exercise need to be my goals for July, too. 10,000 steps and 45 mins to and hour of exercise should have you well on your way to your 5 pound goal. I'll try for 5 pounds this month, too. I

Have a great Friday and an awesome 4th of July weekend, everyone!

Muffin 07-02-2021 09:03 AM

-Yesterday-
Steps: 11,438
Water: not enough, I think I had like 40oz

Good morning! this week went flying for me, I had so much planned and I accomplished very little :rolleyes:
I weigh in this morning and I'm down 2lbs:goodscale my hands and ankles are not swollen anymore and I'm back to my pre-Myrtle Beach weight. Today, I need to clean the house, which I have neglected all week and it's starting to show.
Today, I'm planning on having stirfry for lunch and salad with ground beef for dinner. As for snacks, I'm not sure lately I been craving chocolate/sweets too much... the struggle is real and we promised the kids to take them for ice cream tonight :rofl::eek:

MJMS- I hope you can get a nap this afternoon, waking up so early is never fun.

MJMS 07-03-2021 10:54 AM

The weather is going to be better than they predicted earlier for this weekend, so hopefully lots of cookouts and fireworks will be able to go on as planned. That's so nice after last year's cancellations!

Weight is about the same. I did not have a great on plan day yesterday, so I can't complain, that's for sure. I may just relax a bit with it all this weekend and buckle down again Monday. I won't go crazy but I won't worry about being strict either. I think I just need a break and a reset.

Muffin, you are losing so nicely! I hope the ice cream trip was fun and didn't mess you up too much. We used to live near an ice cream shop that had a low fat sugar free ice cream that was very good and they did serve it in appropriate portions. I haven't found one around here like that yet. I have just been avoiding ice cream shops all together. But I don't have the temptation of kids at home and we usually go to visit the grands, so that helps.

Syckgirlsfv, I hope your anniversary trip is wonderful! Pattygirl, I hope you family 4th of July get together is fun, too!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Muffin 07-03-2021 12:44 PM

Happy Saturday, it is supposed to be raining all weekend so we probably going to stay home. We did take the boys for ice cream last night and I had 1 scoop of pistachio, it was very good. I was up only .2 lb so not bac.

DH is baking a whole chicken for lunch and I made green beans and brussels sprouts. For dinner, I will probably be having a salad. After lunch we are going to a couple of furniture stores, we want a new TV console and DH thinks we might get a good deal this weekend. After that, we have nothing else planned.

MJMS 07-04-2021 07:59 AM

Happy 4th of July! Rain swept through here last night and canceled some fireworks that were planned, but the shows planned for tonight should go off as scheduled. We are heading to a cookout at my daughter's today. The almost 3 year old grandson is always good for entertainment. He is at that age where he does a lot of imaginative play and everything is exciting to him. And everything has a running dialogue accompanying it. So fun! My youngest grandson is turning 2 today, but he is in CA visiting his other grandparents, so we will sing Happy Birthday via Zoom and have a little party later on when they return home.

Muffin, it sounds like you enjoyed your ice cream treat and you are right back on track. Good for you! I hope you had good luck furniture shopping. It always feels like such a triumph when you find just the right thing and even better if it is on sale!

Wishing a super sparkly day everyone reading!

Muffin 07-04-2021 02:46 PM

Steps: 9,460 so close... :running:I could have walked around the house to make the 10K. I need to start checking my watch before I go to bed ;)
Water: 48oz

Happy 4th of July! We went to church early this morning and on the way back we stopped at Walmart. The boys wanted brownies for dessert and DS2 wanted some flowers and for his girlfriend. DH grilled steaks and sausages for lunch. It is supposed to storm later on today, so I don't think we are going out.

B- scrambled egg and coffee
L- steak, baked potato, and Brussel sprouts
S- cappuccino with a small wafer
D- will be salad

MJMS- Happy B-Day to your grandson. I hope you have a great time today with your family.

MJMS 07-05-2021 10:11 AM

Monday Morning Greetings!
It was such a nice day yesterday! I did some baking in the morning to take to my daughter's house. The grandson adores raisin bread and the bread machine that I got for Christmas really does make it easy. And when I take the bread over there, I don't eat it and don't feel guilty for not using my gift. It's a win. I tried a whole wheat bread in it, but it was only so-so. I need to search for a better recipe than the one that came with the machine and then maybe I will make some bread for me. But, bread is a slippery slope for me. Especially fresh bread. I think I will stick to baking for the grandson for a while. It's much better for my diet. I made cookies, also. Most of them went over there and I think I can avoid the few that are here now. I am sure hubby will help to get rid of them.

I hope everyone had a good 4th! Lots of people have today off since the 4th was on a Sunday. I wonder if the BBQ's and fireworks will continue today? Good job on the walking and the water, Muffin. Stopping for brownies would be very hard for me. Hopefully your boys are typical and inhale food, so that they aren't around to tempt you.

Anybody reading, please feel free to hop on and join us on this thread and share your day and healthy living!

lisaward4 07-06-2021 08:51 AM

good morning everyone. how are you all doing? hop you had a wonderful july fourth. got involved in emotional eating. did well for a few days and then was a mess again. i looked into atkins and keto. seems very unhealthy. way too much fat. not many veggies or protein. dairy is very restricted. totally not for me. seems so unhealthy. works for a ton of people but i dont think its for me. so i am back to starting on day one of south beach. i think this is a better plan health wise. found a journal online where i can write out my feelings. i have a support system that i am going to utilize.. plus it helps to post here. my mini weight loss goal isnt going to change. i am trying to holistically work on myself.

day one
breakfast protein shake with unsweetened almond milk
lunch turkey sausage with peppers and onions sautéed in cooking spray
dinner steak and salad
snack greek yogurt parfait , protein shake with plain unsweetened almond milk
exercise pound class 45 minutes

lisaward4 07-06-2021 09:07 AM

muffin i like your goals for july! your journal is awesome!
mjms and pattygirl hope you had a wonderful july fourth.

have a great day everyone!

MJMS 07-06-2021 10:08 AM

Time to get back in the SB swing of things around here! Too much off plan eating going on this past weekend. The scale is showing 2 pounds up from my recent low. Some is water probably, but not all of it I don't think. It's supposed to be 97 here and humid. I'm blessed to have air conditioning, that's for sure!

Hi Lisaward! So nice to "see" you! Emotional eating. Boy do I know that one well. After I do it, I always ask myself when am I going to learn that stuffing my face really doesn't make things better for very long, it just keeps my jeans stuffed. But, it sounds like you are facing it head on, so bravo for you! It sounds like you are mapping out a very doable plan for yourself and that is a winning strategy! I will try to follow your example. Thank you for sharing!

Hi Muffin! Hope you are having good days! Pattygirl and Syckgirlsfv, I hope you get a minute to update us soon! Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!